NARRATOR:Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
旁白:请听一段学生和教授的对话。
MALE STUDENT:Hi, Professor Johnson?
学生:嗨,约翰逊教授?
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Hi, how can I help you?
教授:你好,请问有什么可以帮你的吗?
MALE STUDENT:Well, my name’s Matthew, Matthew Burns. I signed up to take Film 200 next year.
学生:嗯,我叫马修,马修伯恩斯。我报名参加明年的电影200课。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Film 200... Film 200... Now where did I put that enrollment sheet?
教授:电影200,电影200。我那张学员注册名单表哪去了?
I wasn’t expecting anyone to turn up quite this early, but they did send me the preliminary enrollment, and... found it! And your last name again is…
我没想到有人会这么早出现,但他们确实给我发了初步注册名单,然后……找到了。你叫啥来着?
MALE STUDENT:Burns, Matthew Burns.
学生:呃,伯恩斯,马修伯恩斯
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Yes, Matthew, OK, here you are. So, what’s...?
教授:是的,马修。好,你来了。啥事儿?.
MALE STUDENT:Well, um, I’m a bit nervous about taking a film class for the first time, and, uh, I thought maybe I could get a head start over the summer.
学生:嗯,我第一次上电影课有点紧张,呃,我觉得也许我可以在暑假里能准备准备。
I already have an idea for a script and I was wondering if you could give me a couple of tips.
呃,我已经有了一个剧本的想法。请您给我一些建议。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:A script?
教授:哈?剧本?
MALE STUDENT:Yeah, a script for a film.
学生:是的,电影剧本。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:But Film 200 is not a filmmaking class.
教授:但是电影200,不是电影制作课。
MALE STUDENT:It’s not?
学生:不是吗?
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Uh-uh. We, we watch films, discuss them, analyze them, write about them… we do a lot of writing, but we don’t write a film script.
教授:啊,我们会看电影,讨论,分析电影,写它们的论文,我们会有很多东西要写,但我们不写电影剧本。
I guess you were thinking it was a filmmaking class?
我猜你以为这是一堂电影制作课。
MALE STUDENT:Well, yeah...
学生:嗯,是的。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:No, 200 is Film Narrative.
教授:不,200 课程是电影叙事课。
It deals with how films tell stories, what narrative techniques are used in film—by analyzing a number of the classics.
它通过分析许多经典作品来学习电影如何讲述故事,电影中使用了哪些叙事技巧。
MALE STUDENT:Oh, I see.
学生:哦,我,我明白了。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Yeah. We’ll talk about how narratives in film differ from stories in books.
教授:是的。我们将讨论电影中的叙事与故事和书籍叙事的区别。
Did you read the class description?
你有读课程说明吗?
MALE STUDENT:I uh... I was so excited to enroll in a film class that I guess I didn’t pay enough attention to what kind of film class it was.
学生:我呃,我很激动能参加一个电影课,我想我没有关注它是什么类型的电影课。
I thought I was registering for a film making class. Sorry.
我以为我注册了一个电影制作课程。抱歉。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:No, no. No problem. I mean, I can see how this kind of misunderstanding could happen.
教授:哦,没问题。我的意思是,我能理解出现这种误解。
You know, there are a couple of filmmaking classes, if that’s what interests you.
如果你感兴趣的话,有几个电影制作课程你可以去。
But I don’t teach them;you’d have to talk with Professor Webb.
但我不教这些课,你得和韦伯教授谈谈。
Actually, though, there’s no reason why you couldn’t take my class as well as a filmmaking class...
事实上,没理由不能两个课一起上。
MALE STUDENT:I wonder if I could swing that; I can’t get out of my English, Biology and French classes, they’re required; and I wanted my fourth class to be filmmaking.
学生:我想知道我能不能搞定这个。我无法摆脱必修英语、生物和法语课程。我希望我的第四节课是电影制作。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Which English class are you registered for?
教授:你报名的是哪个英语课?
MALE STUDENT:Um, English Composition. It’s a required writing class—all students have to take it.
学生:嗯,英语作文。这是一门必修的写作课。所有学生都必须上。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Oh yes, English Comp. You’ll be writing a lot for that class.
教授:哦,是的,英语写作。你会为那门课写很多东西。
You know, this film class might fulfill your English requirement… you’d have to check with the English department.
这门电影课可能会满足你的英语课要求,你必须与英语系核实一下。
It’s totally up to you, but... Let me ask you: Do you watch a lot of movies?
呃,这完全取决于你,但......我问你哈,你看很多电影吗?
MALE STUDENT:Tons… mostly modern ones.
学生:看的可多了,大多是现代的。
FEMALE PROFESSOR:Well, if you want to be a filmmaker, you need to be acquainted with the classics.
教授:嗯,如果你想成为一个电影人,你需要熟悉经典电影。
Professor Webb could tell you more about what you should do.
韦伯教授可以告诉你更多关于你应该做什么。
I recommend you talk to her. Then you can think about it over the summer. You can always add or drop a class in the fall.
我建议你和她谈谈,然后你可以在夏天考虑一下。您可以随时在秋季添加或删除课程。
MALE STUDENT:Yeah, I think I’ll do that. Thank you, Professor Johnson. You’ve been very helpful.
学生:是的,我想我会的。谢谢你,约翰逊教授,您帮了我很多。
题型分析:细节题
题干分析:问什么 what … suggest 谁说的professor,定位词 English department,建议考点
选项分析:
承接上一题,professor说学生的English composition课也要写很多东西。这时候她灵光一现,突然意识到,既然两个课都要写很多东西,那么有可能她的电影课其实是有可能可以满足他的英语课的requirement,但是还要跟English department确认一下,然后他再最终决定是否要add or drop课程,B选项正确。
A选项,“英语系是否提供一个故事讲述的课程”,与对话没有关系,无中生有;
C选项,“男的需要在合适做出最后决定”教授最后一句话说到,夏天想想,秋季的课程到底怎么上,跟题干中讲到英语系没有关系,所以这个选项也不对,答非所问;
D选项,“英语写作课什么时候上课“文中没有提到,无中生有。
上一题
Official 58 Lec 2下一题
Official 58 Lec 3