A
improved fine motor skills
B
improved memory
C
improved concentration
D
improved imagination
E
improved spatial awareness
A
not spacing letters correctly
B
not writing in a straight line
C
applying too much pressure when writing
D
confusing letter shapes
E
writing very slowly
A
Children often lack motivation to learn that way.
B
Children become fluent relatively quickly.
C
Children react more positively if they make a mistake.
A
cursive writing disadvantages a certain group of children.
B
print writing is associated with lower academic performance.
C
most teachers in the UK prefer a traditional approach to handwriting.
A
There is evidence to suggest grades are affected by poor handwriting.
B
Neat handwriting is less important now than it used to be.
C
Candidates write more slowly and produce shorter answers.
A
Touch typing will be taught before writing by hand.
B
Children will continue to learn to write by hand.
C
People will dislike handwriting on digital devices.
A
take detailed notes.
B
spell and punctuate.
C
read old documents.
A
concerned they are unable to write quickly
B
embarrassed by comments made about it
C
regretful that they have lost the habit
PART 3
MAN: How are you getting on with the assignment on handwriting?
男人:你手写作业做得怎么样了?
WOMAN: Not too bad. You know, I hadn't realised that children benefit in so many ways from learning to write.
女人:还不错。你知道吗,我之前没有意识到,孩子们从学习写字中获益如此之多。
It's such an important skill and yet most people think handwriting is less important than in the past because people hardly ever write by hand these days.
这是一项如此重要的技能,然而大多数人认为手写不如过去重要,因为如今人们几乎不再用手写字了。
MAN: Yes. And all the evidence suggests children should learn to write by hand before they learn to type. Not least because it helps their memory.
男人:是的。所有证据都表明,孩子们应该在学习打字之前先学习手写。尤其是因为这有助于他们的记忆力。
WOMAN: That's right. The physical act of writing helps children to remember letters.
女人:没错。书写这一身体行为有助于孩子们记住字母。
That seems pretty obvious when you think about it.
仔细想想,这似乎是相当明显的。
MAN: What's less obvious is how it helps develop their concentration.
男人:不那么明显的是它如何帮助培养他们的专注力。
They have to sit still and focus on one thing.
他们必须静静地坐着,专注于一件事。
WOMAN: Yeah. That aspect of handwriting had never occurred to me before.
女人:是的,我以前从未想过笔迹的这个方面。
MAN: Same here. I'm not sure I understand how it improves children's imagination though.
男人:这里也一样。不过,我不确定我是否理解它如何提高孩子们的想象力。
WOMAN: Well, there was that study which showed that primary aged children generated more ideas when they were writing by hand than using a keyboard. I would've guessed that would be the case.
女:嗯,有一项研究表明,初级儿童在手写时产生的想法比使用键盘时更多。我早就猜到会是这样。
MAN: Mmm, yeah. I'd never associated spatial awareness with handwriting either.
男人:嗯,是的。我也从未将空间意识与手写联系起来。
I thought spatial awareness was more to do with knowing where you are in relation to objects or other people.
我认为空间意识更多地与知道自己与物体或其他人的相对位置有关。
WOMAN: I thought that too. But good spatial awareness is essential for writing because you have to space words correctly.
女人:我也这么认为。但是,良好的空间意识对写作至关重要,因为你必须正确地给词语留出空间。
It's not just fine motor skills that improve through writing as I'd always assumed.
不仅仅是像我一直以为的那样,通过写作可以提高优秀的运动技能。
MAN: Handwriting is so much harder for children with dyspraxia, who have problems coordinating movement.
男人:对于有运动障碍的儿童来说,手写要困难得多,他们在协调运动方面存在问题。
It's good there are lots of things you can do in the classroom to help them.
好在你可以在课堂上做很多事情来帮助他们。
They need so much more support with letter formation – you need to play lots of games to help them distinguish letter shapes. It takes a lot of patience.
他们在字母形成方面需要更多的支持 —— 你需要玩很多游戏来帮助他们区分字母的形状。这需要很大的耐心。
WOMAN: Yeah. I liked the idea of using one of those pens that lights up if you press too hard.
女人:是的。我喜欢使用那种用力过猛就会发光的笔的想法。
That seems like a really simple solution.
这似乎是一个非常简单的解决方案。
MAN: Yes, absolutely. I'm not sure there's much you can do about children with dyspraxia writing very slowly.
男人:是的,绝对如此。我不确定对于写作障碍儿童写得很慢的问题,你能做些什么。
It's more important to focus on accuracy and as they get more confident I think they eventually speed up.
更重要的是关注准确性,随着他们变得越来越自信,我认为他们最终会加快速度。
WOMAN: One quite simple thing you can do is to use grid paper.
女人:有一件相当简单的事情你可以做,那就是使用方格纸。
So they write each letter in a box and that trains them to space the letters correctly.
所以他们把每个字母都写在一个方框里,这样就能训练他们正确地排列字母。
MAN: Indeed, that's more important for legibility than trying to get them to write in a straight line.
男人:确实,这对于提高可读性比试图让他们写直线更重要。
MAN: For some children it might be better to teach them to write on a laptop rather than by hand.
男人:对于一些孩子来说,教他们用笔记本电脑写字可能比用手写更好。
Like children with dyslexia. They often really struggle with handwriting and some just give up.
就像患有阅读障碍的孩子一样。他们经常在书写方面遇到困难,有些人干脆就放弃了。
WOMAN: Yeah. It's not as frustrating for them if they get things wrong – on a keyboard they can be more willing to have a go.
女人:是的。对他们来说,即使写错了东西也不会那么沮丧 —— 在键盘上,他们可能会更愿意尝试。
But I read that developing fluency isn't any faster.
但我读到,培养流畅性的速度并没有更快。
MAN: That's right. Did you read that article on the benefits of teaching print rather than cursive handwriting, where the letters are joined up?
男人:没错。你有没有读过那篇关于教授印刷体而不是连字的草体书法的文章?
WOMAN: Yes. Well in the past cursive writing was certainly considered more stylish and educated.
女人:是的。在过去,草体字确实被认为更有风格,也更有教育意义。
But not anymore. Teachers' attitudes have changed because it's been proved that cursive is more difficult to learn – especially for children with learning difficulties who find joining up letters really challenging.
但现在不同了。教师的态度已经改变,因为事实证明,草书更难学习 —— 特别是对于有学习障碍的孩子来说,他们发现连接字母真的很有挑战性。
MAN: I agree. I was always worried that my poor handwriting affected my exam results.
男人:我同意。我一直担心我糟糕的书法会影响我的考试成绩。
And now research shows that I was right to worry.
现在研究表明,我的担忧是正确的。
I'm sure a lot of students think it's unfair that they're being judged on their handwriting not just their knowledge.
我相信许多学生都认为,不仅仅根据他们的知识来评判他们,还要根据他们的笔迹来评判他们,这是不公平的。
WOMAN: Marks are definitely affected if examiners can't read the script.
女人:如果考官不能阅读笔迹,成绩肯定会受到影响。
That's why it's always been so important to teach children to write legibly…
这就是为什么教孩子们写出清晰易读的字一直如此重要......
Do you think the role of handwriting will change in the future?
你认为书法在未来的作用会改变吗?
MAN: I can't see that changing much.
男人:我看不出有什么变化。
Touch typing still isn't taught in most schools, which is a shame.
大多数学校仍然没有教授触摸式打字,这是一个遗憾。
But maybe that won't be necessary in the future because people will also be able to write by hand on digital devices. Anyway, teachers understand the value of handwriting. It's a basic life skill.
但也许在未来这将不再是必要的,因为人们也将能够在数字设备上手写。无论如何,老师们理解手写的价值。这是一项基本的生活技能。
WOMAN: True. However, the fact is that people are writing by hand less and less and relying on digital devices. That does cause some problems.
女人:没错。然而,事实是人们越来越少用手写,越来越依赖数字设备。这确实造成了一些问题。
MAN: You mean like note taking? There are lots of apps for that.
男人:你是说像做笔记那样的吗?有很多这样的应用程序。
WOMAN: And for reading historical documents apparently.
女人:显然还有阅读历史文献的应用。
But my mum is shocked by my awful spelling and the fact that my punctuation is really inconsistent.
但我妈妈对我糟糕的拼写和标点符号的不一致感到震惊。
I think you can put that down to lack of practice.
我想你可以把这归因于缺乏练习。
MAN: I expect so. Personally, I miss writing by hand. I hardly ever write anything now.
男人:我想是的。就我个人而言,我怀念手写。现在我几乎不写任何东西了。
I remember my grandparents had such beautiful handwriting and it was so individual.
我记得我的祖父母有着非常优美的字迹,而且非常独特。
Nobody I know would be able to identify my handwriting now. It's a shame.
现在我认识的人没有一个能认出我的笔迹了。真遗憾。
WOMAN: I know. I feel the same way.
女人:我知道,我也有同感。
I used to write a diary by hand and now I do that digitally.
我以前用手写日记,现在我用数字化的方式写。
It just seems less effort to do it that way. So it's not just a problem…
只是用那种方式似乎更省力。所以这不仅仅是个问题......
上一题
剑20 Test 4 Part 2下一题
剑20 Test 4 Part 4