PART 1
MAN: Sandra – I seem to remember you had some family visitors staying with you recently.
男人:桑德拉 —— 我好像记得最近有一些家庭访客住在你那里。
SANDRA: Yeah that's right. My brother and his family were here a couple of months ago.
桑德拉:是的,没错。我哥哥和他的家人几个月前来过这里。
MAN: OK good. Well I wanted to ask your advice – I've got my cousin and her family visiting next month and as I don't have kids I've no idea where to take them.
男人:好的,很好。我想问问你的建议 —— 我表姐和她的家人下个月要来拜访,我没有孩子,不知道该带他们去哪里。
SANDRA: Right. What about accommodation? Are they going to stay with you in your flat?
桑德拉:好的。住处怎么办?他们会和你一起住在你的公寓里吗?
MAN: No, thankfully – there wouldn't be room – my cousin wants me to recommend a hotel. Do you know anywhere?
男人:不,谢天谢地 —— 没有地方了 —— 我表姐想让我推荐一家酒店。你知道哪里有这样的地方吗?
SANDRA: Yes, I do actually. I always recommend people stay at the Kings Hotel.
桑德拉:是的,其实我知道。我总是推荐人们住在国王酒店。
MAN: Where's that near?
男人:那离这儿近吗?
SANDRA: It's about five minutes' walk from Murray Station – so nice and central. It's actually on George Street.
桑德拉:从默里车站步行大约五分钟就到了 —— 那里很漂亮,而且在市中心。实际上,它就在乔治街上。
MAN: Oh yes I know. I think they're on quite a tight budget – so how much roughly is it to stay there?
男人:哦,是的,我知道。我想他们的预算相当紧张 —— 那么住在那里大概需要多少钱?
SANDRA: If you book a family room it's about £125 per night.
桑德拉:如果你预订客房,每晚大约 125 英镑。
My brother paid for two double rooms in the end and I think that was around £95 for each room.
我哥哥最后付了两间双人房的钱,我记得每间房大约 95 英镑。
MAN: Oh that's not too bad.
男人:哦,那还不错。
SANDRA: So how old are your cousin's kids?
桑德拉:那么,你表姐的孩子们多大了?
MAN: Twelve and nine. So I want to organise some trips while they're here.
男人:十二岁和九岁。所以我想趁他们在这里的时候组织一些旅行。
I was thinking of doing a bus tour of the city centre – as none of them have been here before.
我正在考虑乘坐巴士游览市中心 —— 因为他们以前都没来过这里。
SANDRA: Those bus tours are quite expensive. I think it's better to do a walking tour – it gives you a much better feel for the city.
桑德拉:那些巴士游相当昂贵。我觉得步行游会更好 —— 这会让你对这座城市有更好的感受。
There's one that starts from Carlton Square. It takes a couple of hours and doesn't cost that much.
有一条从卡尔顿广场开始的路线。它只需要几个小时,而且并不贵。
MAN: Sounds good. I'll look that up – thanks.
男人:听起来不错。我去查查 —— 谢谢。
SANDRA: If the weather's nice, one thing you could do is visit the old fort.
桑德拉:如果天气好的话,你可以去参观一下那座古老的堡垒。
You can get there by boat. The whole trip takes half a day.
你可以坐船去,整个旅程只需要半天时间。
MAN: That's a really good idea. I'd like to do that myself.
男人:这真是个好主意。我想自己去。
And if the weather's bad I was thinking they could go to the Science Museum. But maybe they could do that when I'm at work.
如果天气不好,我想他们可以去科学博物馆。不过也许他们可以在我工作的时候去。
SANDRA: Yeah – don't forget it's closed on Mondays.
桑德拉:是啊 —— 别忘了周一博物馆是关门的。
MAN: They're here from Saturday for four nights – so Tuesday would be best, I think.
男人:他们从周六开始在这里待了四个晚上 —— 所以我觉得周二会是最好的。
SANDRA: Mmm, and it won't be so crowded then. Saturdays are terrible.
桑德拉:嗯,到时候就不会那么拥挤了。星期六真是太糟糕了。
I took my kids to the exhibition on old computers there and it was far too crowded.
我带孩子们去看了那里的旧电脑展览,那里实在是太拥挤了。
I wanted to go back but it's finished now.
我本想回去的,但现在已经结束了。
MAN: That's a shame. My cousin's kids would have enjoyed that.
男人:真可惜。我表姐的孩子们会喜欢那个的。
SANDRA: There's another one starting soon on space which looks really good too.
桑德拉:太空中还有一个很快就要开始的项目,看起来也很不错。
MAN: OK, well I'll mention that to my cousin.
男人:好吧,我会跟我表姐提一下的。
SANDRA: Have you thought about where to take them to eat?
桑德拉:你想过带他们去哪里吃饭吗?
MAN: Well I really like all the food stalls at Clacton Market. My cousin's vegetarian – I know it's one of the best places for that kind of food.
男人:嗯,我真的很喜欢克拉克顿市场的所有食品摊位。我表姐是素食主义者 —— 我知道那是最适合吃素食的地方之一。
SANDRA: Definitely, and there'll be loads of choice for the kids, too.
桑德拉:当然,孩子们也有很多选择。
You need to get there quite early though – at the weekend most of the stalls stop serving lunch at 2.30.
不过你得早点到那里 —— 周末的时候,大多数摊位两点半就停止供应午餐了。
MAN: Good point. It's all going to need careful planning!
男人:说得好。这一切都需要仔细规划!
My cousin said she'd love to take the kids to a show at the theatre – but tickets are so expensive!
我表姐说她很想带孩子们去剧院看演出 —— 但是票太贵了!
SANDRA: I know. But you can get some good deals if you book online with bargaintickets.com for the following day – on some seats there's a 75% discount.
桑德拉:我知道。但是如果你在 baganticketets.com 网站上预订第二天的票,就能得到一些不错的折扣 —— 有些座位还有 75% 的折扣。
MAN: Really?! I must try and get some.
男人:真的吗?!我一定要试试看能不能弄到一些。
SANDRA: Yeah. There are lots of things you can do for free as well – no need to spend a fortune.
桑德拉:是的。你也可以免费做很多事情 —— 不需要花一大笔钱。
MAN: Like what?
男人:比如说?
SANDRA: They're coming next month, right?
桑德拉:他们下个月会来,对吧?
Well, check and see if it's the same weekend as the Roots Music Festival in Blakewell Gardens.
好吧,那就查查看这个周末是不是和布莱克韦尔花园的鲁茨音乐节在同一个周末。
MAN: R double-O-T-S?
男人:R 双 O-T-S?
SANDRA: Yeah. Check it out online. It's always a family-friendly event and there's no entry charge.
桑德拉:是的。你可以在网上查看。这始终是一个家庭友好型活动,而且不收取入场费。
MAN: That sounds perfect.
男人:听起来很完美。
SANDRA: And if you're in Blakewell Gardens – climb Telegraph Hill – you'll be able to look right down on the port.
桑德拉:如果你在布莱克韦尔花园 —— 爬上电报山 —— 你就能直接俯瞰港口。
Everyone's always really impressed because it's so huge.
每个人都对它印象深刻,因为它实在太大了。
MAN: Oh yeah – I've been meaning to do that for ages. I've heard the view's amazing.
男人:哦,是啊 —— 我早就想这么做了。我听说那里的景色很棒。
SANDRA: Yeah. It's really worth the effort.
桑德拉:是的,这真的很值得。
MAN: Well that's given me loads of ideas. Thanks so much …
男人:嗯,这给了我很多想法。非常感谢......
上一题
剑20 Test 3 Part 4下一题
剑20 Test 4 Part 2