A
limited in scope.
B
hard to research.
C
boring for listeners.
A
how popular they are among young people.
B
how suitable they are for school.
C
how quickly they wear out.
A
they no longer fit.
B
she no longer likes them.
C
they are no longer in fashion.
A
Public consumption of footwear has risen.
B
Less footwear is recycled now than in the past.
C
People dispose of more footwear than they used to.
BELLA: Hi Don – did you get the copy of the article on recycling footwear that I emailed you?
贝拉:嗨,多恩。你收到我发给你的那篇关于回收鞋子的文章了吗?
DON: Yeah – it's here . . . I've had a look at it.
多恩:收到了,在这。我看一下。
BELLA: So do you think it's a good topic for our presentation?
贝拉:你觉得这个话题适合我们课堂展示吗?
DON: Well, before I started reading it, I thought recycling footwear, well, although it's quite interesting, perhaps there isn't enough to say about it, cos we put shoes in recycling bins, they go to charity shops and that's about it.
多恩:读之前,我认为尽管回收鞋类的话题很有趣,但是也许没有那么多可以说的,因为我们把鞋子放进回收箱里,送到慈善商店,仅此而已。
BELLA: ...but there's much more to it than that.
贝拉:......但远不止这些。
DON: I realise that now and I'm keen to research the topic more.
多恩:我现在发现了,而且我很想对这个话题进行更多的研究。
BELLA: That's great.
贝拉:那太好了。
DON: One of the things I didn't realise until I read the article was just how many pairs of trainers get recycled!
多恩:直到读了这篇文章,我才意识到有多少双运动鞋被回收利用!
BELLA: Well, a lot of young people wear them all the time now.
贝拉:现在很多年轻人都时时刻刻穿着运动鞋。
They've become more popular than ordinary shoes.
它们比普通鞋子更受欢迎。
DON: I know. I guess they are very hard-wearing, but don't they look a bit casual for school uniform?
多恩:我知道。我想它们很耐磨,但作为校服,它们看起来是不是有点随意?
I don't think they're right for that.
我觉得不合适。
BELLA: Actually, I think some of them look quite smart on pupils . . . better than a scruffy old pair of shoes.
贝拉:其实,我觉得有些小学生穿上它们还挺好看的......总比穿一双邋遢的旧鞋好。
So do you keep shoes a long time?
那你的鞋子会穿很长时间吗?
DON: Yes. Though I do tend to wear my old pairs for doing dirty jobs like cleaning my bike.
多恩:是的。不过,我还是倾向于穿我的旧鞋去干脏活,比如擦我的自行车。
BELLA: I must admit, I've recycled some perfectly good shoes, that haven't gone out of fashion and still fit, just because they don't look great on me anymore. That's awful isn't it?
贝拉:我必须承认,我曾回收过一些很好的鞋子,它们还没有过时,也还合脚,只是因为它们穿在我身上不再好看了。这很糟糕,不是吗?
DON: I think it's common because there's so much choice.
多恩:我认为这很正常,因为有太多的选择了。
The article did say that recent sales of footwear have increased enormously.
这篇文章确实提到了最近鞋类的销售量有了很大的增长。
BELLA: That didn't surprise me.
贝拉:这并不让我感到惊讶。
DON: No. But then it said that the amount of recycled footwear has fallen: it's 6 percent now compared to a previous level of 11 percent.
多恩:嗯,但后来又说回收鞋类的数量下降了:现在是 6%,而以前是 11%。
That doesn't seem to make sense.
这似乎说不通。
BELLA: That's because not everything goes through the recycling process.
贝拉:那是因为并不是所有的东西都会经过回收处理。
Some footwear just isn't good enough to re-sell, for one reason or another, and gets rejected.
有些鞋类因为这样或那样的原因无法再销售,就会被拒收。
下一题
剑19 undefined