SALLY: Good morning. Hinchingbrooke Country Park, Sally speaking. I'm one of the rangers.
萨莉:早上好。这里是欣奇布鲁克郊野公园,我是萨莉。我是护林员之一。
JOHN: Oh hello. My name's John Chapman, and I'm a teaching assistant at a local primary school.
约翰:哦,你好。我叫约翰·查普曼,是当地一所小学的助教。
I've been asked to arrange a visit to the park for two of our classes.
我被要求为我们两个班安排一次公园参观。
SALLY: OK. What would you like to know?
萨莉:好的。你想知道些什么?
JOHN: Well, I'm new to this area, so perhaps you could tell me something about the park first, please.
约翰:嗯,我对这个地区不熟悉,所以也许你可以先告诉我一些关于公园的情况。
SALLY: Of course. Altogether the park covers 170 acres, that's 69 hectares.
萨莉:当然可以。整个公园占地170英亩,也就是69公顷。
There are three main types of habitat: wetland, grassland and woodland.
这里主要有三种栖息地:湿地、草地和林地。
The woods are well established and varied, with an oak plantation, and other areas of mixed species.
这里的树林生长良好,种类繁多,有一片橡树种植园,还有其他混合树种的区域。
JOHN: Right.
约翰:好的。
SALLY: The wetland is quite varied, too.
萨莉:这里的湿地也很多样。
The original farmland was dug up around 40 years ago to extract gravel.
大约 40 年前,为了开采砾石,人们挖开了原来的农田。
Once this work was completed, the gravel pits filled with water, forming the two large lakes.
工程结束后,砾石坑里充满了水,形成了两个大湖。
There are also several smaller ones, ponds and a stream that flows through the park.
还有几个较小的湖,池塘和一条流经公园的小溪。
JOHN: OK, so I suppose with these different habitats there's quite a variety of wildlife.
约翰:好的,我想这些不同的栖息地里有各种各样的野生动物。
SALLY: There certainly is – a lot of different species of birds and insects, and also animals like deer and rabbits.
萨莉:没错,有很多不同种类的鸟类和昆虫,还有鹿和兔子等动物。
JOHN: And I understand you organise educational visits for school parties.
约翰:据我所知,你们还为学校组织教育参观活动。
SALLY: That's right. We can organise a wide range of activities and adapt them to suit all ages.
萨莉:没错。我们可以组织各种各样的活动,并根据不同年龄段的需要进行调整。
JOHN: Can you give me some examples of the activities?
约翰:能举几个活动的例子吗?
SALLY: Well, one focus is on science, where we help children to discover and study plants, trees and insects.
萨莉:嗯,其中一个重点是科学,我们帮助孩子们发现和研究植物、树木和昆虫
They also collect and analyse data about the things they see.
他们还收集和分析所观察到的相关数据。
JOHN: Uhuh.
约翰:嗯。
SALLY: Another focus is on geography.
萨莉:另一个重点是地理。
The park is a great environment to learn and practise reading a map and using a compass to navigate around the park.
公园是一个学习和练习看地图和使用指南针在公园里导航的绝佳环境。
JOHN: Do you do anything connected with history?
约翰:你们做与历史有关的活动吗?
SALLY: Yes, we do. For instance, the children can explore how the use of the land has changed over time. Then there's leisure and tourism.
萨莉:是的,我们会做。例如,孩子们可以探索土地的使用随着时间的推移发生了哪些变化。还有休闲和旅游。
JOHN: That focuses on your visitors, I would imagine.
约翰:我想,这主要是针对公园的游客的吧。
SALLY: Yes, mostly. The children find out about them, their requirements, the problems they may cause and how we manage these.
萨莉:是的,大部分是。孩子们了解他们,他们的要求,他们可能造成的问题,以及我们如何处理这些问题。
And another subject we cover is music: here the children experiment with natural materials to create sounds and explore rhythm and tempo.
我们的另一个主题是音乐:在这里,孩子们尝试用天然材料创造声音,探索节奏和节拍。
JOHN: That must be fun!
约翰:那一定很有趣!
SALLY: Most children really enjoy it.
萨莉:大多数孩子都很喜欢。
SALLY: And of course, all the activities are educational, too.
萨莉:当然,所有活动也都具有教育意义。
Learning outside the classroom encourages children to be creative, and to explore and discover for themselves.
课外学习鼓励孩子们发挥创造力,自己去探索和发现。
JOHN: I would imagine they get a sense of freedom that might not be a normal part of their lives.
约翰:我想他们会有一种自由的感觉,这可能是他们生活中不太常见的事情。
SALLY: That's right. And very often the children discover that they can do things they didn't know they could do, and they develop new skills.
萨莉:没错。很多时候,孩子们会发现自己可以做一些他们不知道自己能做的事情,他们会发展出新的技能。
This gives them greater self-confidence.
这让他们更加自信。
JOHN: It sounds great. So, what about the practical side of it?
约翰:听起来不错。那实际操作起来什么样呢?
How much does it cost for a full-day visit? We would expect to bring between 30 and 40 children.
全天参观的费用是多少?我们预计会有 30 到 40 名儿童。
SALLY: If there are over 30, it costs £4.95 for each child who attends on the day.
萨莉:如果人数超过 30 人,当天每个孩子的费用为 4.95 英镑。
We invoice you afterwards, so you don't pay for children who can't come because of sickness, for example.
我们会在活动结束后为您开具发票,这样你就不用为那些因为生病而不能来的孩子付钱了。
There's no charge for leaders and other adults – as many as you want to bring.
领队和其他成年人不收费——你想带多少人就带多少人。
JOHN: That sounds very fair. Well, thanks for all the information.
约翰:听起来很不错。谢谢你提供的信息。
I'll need to discuss it with my colleagues, and I hope to get back to you soon to make a booking.
我需要和我的同事们讨论一下,希望能尽快给你回复,以便预订。
SALLY: We'll look forward to hearing from you. Goodbye.
萨莉:期待你的回电。再见。
JOHN: Goodbye, and thank you.
约翰:再见,谢谢你。
下一题
剑19 undefined