首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑19 Test 4 Part 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1–6
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

First day at work
· Name of supervisor: 1  
· Where to leave coat and bag: use   in staffroom
· See Tiffany in HR: to give   number
  to collect 4  
· Location of HR office: on   floor
· Supervisor's mobile number: 6  
Questions 7–10
Complete the table below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.

 

7  
8  
9  
10  

PART 1

KAEDEN: Hello Charlotte. I'm Kaeden, one of the supervisors. Welcome to the team.

凯登:你好,夏洛特。我是凯登,这里的主管之一。欢迎加入我们的团队。

CHARLOTTE: Hi Aiden.

夏洛特:你好,艾登。

KAEDEN: It's Kaeden.

凯登:是凯登。

CHARLOTTE: I'm so sorry.

夏洛特:真不好意思。

KAEDEN: Don't worry. People often get my name wrong; they never know how to spell it.

凯登:没关系。大家经常弄错我的名字。他们不知道怎么拼。

It's K-A-E-D-E-N, in case you ever need to write it.

我的名字是 K-A-E-D-E-N,如果你需要写的话。

CHARLOTTE: I'll try and remember.

夏洛特:我会尽量记住的。

KAEDEN: So, there are a few practical things you need to sort out this morning.

凯登:今天早上你需要解决一些实际问题。

Then I'll show you what you're going to do today.

然后我会告诉你你今天要做什么。

CHARLOTTE: The email I received said to go to the front desk, to show my letter of appointment and pick up my badge.

夏洛特:我收到的邮件上说要去前台,出示我的任命书并领取徽章。

KAEDEN: You'll need that for the staffroom and other areas of the supermarket where shoppers aren't allowed.

凯登:你需要这个才能进入员工休息室和超市其他不允许购物者进入的区域。

So, after you've finished at the front desk, I'll take you to the staffroom.

在前台办完手续后,我带你去员工休息室。

Put your coat and rucksack in one of the lockers there. Take whichever one is free.

把你的外套和背包放在那边的一个储物柜里,随便挑一个空的就行。

CHARLOTTE: Will I have a key?

夏洛特:我会有钥匙吗?

KAEDEN: Yes. Try not to lose it. At the end of the day, leave it in the door for the next person to use.

凯登:有的。别弄丢了。一天结束时,把它放在门里,给下一个人用。

CHARLOTTE: Will do.

夏洛特:好的。

KAEDEN: You also need to go to the HR department to see Tiffany. She's really helpful.

凯登:你还需要去人力资源部找蒂芙尼。她会给你很多帮助。

CHARLOTTE: I was told to bring my passport with me. HR need to take a note of the number in it.

夏洛特:有人让我带上护照。人力资源部需要记下里面的号码。

KAEDEN: That's right. Or you can show your ID card.

凯登:没错,或者你可以出示身份证。

CHARLOTTE: I don't have one of those.

夏洛特:我没有。

KAEDEN: OK. Tiffany will give you a uniform.

凯登:好的,蒂芙尼会给你一套工作服。

They have lots in different sizes, so you just tell her what you need.

它们有很多不同的尺寸,所以你只要告诉她你需要什么尺码。

I won't come with you to HR – I've got to go and sort something else out. Problem with a bread slicer.

我就不跟你去人事部了,我得去处理点别的事。面包切片机有点问题。

CHARLOTTE: Is the HR office near the staffroom?

夏洛特:人力资源办公室在员工休息室附近吗?

KAEDEN: The staffroom's on the first floor, and HR are a couple of floors above that, on the third floor. There's a staircase outside the staffroom.

凯登:员工休息室在一楼,人力资源部在那上面几层,在三楼。员工休息室外面有个楼梯。

CHARLOTTE: OK.

夏洛特:好的。

KAEDEN: When you've finished with HR, come and find me in the bakery section of the shop.

凯登:等你和人事部谈完了 就来店里的面包房找我。

CHARLOTTE: I'm looking forward to getting started.

夏洛特:我很期待开始工作。

KAEDEN: I'll just give you my phone number, in case you can't find me. Have you got your phone there?

凯登:我把我的电话号码给你,以防你找不到我。你的手机在那儿吗?

CHARLOTTE: Yes . . . OK, ready.

夏洛特:是的,好了,准备好了。

KAEDEN: It's oh-four-one-two double-six-five nine-oh-three.

凯登:是0-4-1-2-2-6-5-9-0-3。

CHARLOTTE: OK, done.

夏洛特:好的,搞定。

KAEDEN: So, Charlotte, your tasks today are in the bakery section, on the sushi counter, and on the meat and fish counters.

凯登:那么,夏洛特,你今天的任务是在面包房、寿司柜台、肉类和鱼类柜台工作。

The first job is to check sell-by dates on the bread and cakes.

第一项工作是检查面包和蛋糕的保质期。

If any of the dates are today's, put a new price label on the packaging.

如果有任何日期是今天的,就在包装上贴上新的价格标签。

CHARLOTTE: What if any of the labels are yesterday's dates, or older?

夏洛特:如果标签上的日期是昨天或更早怎么办?

Do I throw those items away?

我要扔掉这些商品吗?

KAEDEN: Yes, but that shouldn't happen – we check the stock every day.

凯登:是的,但这种情况不会发生,我们每天都会检查库存。

When something needs a new price label, put a yellow one on the package, next to the original price.

如果有东西需要新的价格标签,就在包装上贴一个黄色标签,贴在原价旁边。

CHARLOTTE: OK.

夏洛特:好的。

KAEDEN: After that, you'll go to the sushi takeaway counter.

凯登:然后,你去寿司外卖柜台。

CHARLOTTE: Will I be preparing boxes of food?

夏洛特:我要准备盒装食物吗?

KAEDEN: For today, you'll just be helping the staff.

凯登:今天,你只需要帮助其他员工。

CHARLOTTE: Yes, of course.

夏洛特:好的,没问题。

KAEDEN: You'll see lots of flat cardboard boxes at one end of the counter.

凯登:你会在柜台的一侧看到很多平板纸箱。

Beneath those is where we keep the plastic boxes – we run out of those really quickly, so you should bring more from the storeroom.

下面是我们放塑料盒的地方——我们的塑料盒很快就会用完,所以你应该从储藏室多拿些来。

CHARLOTTE: Is that my only task on the sushi counter?

夏洛特:这是我在寿司柜台的唯一任务吗?

KAEDEN: No. You also need to clean the area where they prepare the dishes.

凯登:不,你还需要清洁准备餐具的区域。

There are cloths and bottles of spray by the sink. Oh, and please make sure you clean that too.

水槽旁有抹布和喷雾瓶。对了,请务必把那里也打扫干净。

CHARLOTTE: Sure. That's important, isn't it?

夏洛特:当然,这很重要,不是吗?

KAEDEN: Absolutely. But you mustn't wash up knives.

凯登:没错,但你不能清洗刀具。

You have to do some training before you're allowed to touch sharp objects.

在接触尖锐物体之前,你必须做一些培训。

CHARLOTTE: What should I do if there are any?

夏洛特:如果有的话,我该怎么办?

KAEDEN: Ask someone to put them in the dishwasher.

凯登:叫人把他们放进洗碗机里。

CHARLOTTE: OK, thanks. I don't want to get anything wrong.

夏洛特:好的,谢谢。我不想弄错任何东西。

KAEDEN: Don't worry. You'll be fine. And I'll be around to help.

凯登:别担心,你会做好的。我会在这里帮助你。

CHARLOTTE: Right.

夏洛特:好的。

KAEDEN: Finally, the meat and fish counters.

凯登:最后是肉类和鱼类柜台。

You need to clean the area where staff serve customers, including wiping the weighing scales.

你需要清洁员工服务顾客的区域,包括擦拭称重秤。

CHARLOTTE: OK. Anything else?

夏洛特:好的。还有别的事情吗?

KAEDEN: The fish is laid on ice, but when that starts to melt, you'll need to get more from the cold-room.

凯登:鱼是放在冰上的,但当它开始融化,你需要从冷藏室再拿一些。

CHARLOTTE: I know the staff on the food counters wear a hat. Will that be the same for me?

夏洛特:我注意到食品柜台的工作人员都戴帽子。我也要戴帽子吗?

KAEDEN: You won't be serving customers directly, so no.

凯登:你不会直接为顾客服务,所以不用。

But make sure you put on thermal gloves when you take anything out of the cold-room.

但从冷藏室拿东西时一定要戴上保暖手套。

The temperature's low enough in there to get frostbite from touching things.

里面的温度很低,碰到东西会冻伤的。

CHARLOTTE: Understood.

夏洛特:明白。

上一题

剑19 Test 3 Part 4

下一题

剑19 Test 4 Part 2