CHANTAL: I thought the speaker's account of her first job was fascinating.
尚塔尔:我认为演讲者对她第一份工作的描述很吸引人。
HUGO: Yeah – she admitted she was lucky to get work being a personal dresser for a musician.
雨果:是的。她说到她很幸运能找到一份给音乐家做私人梳妆师的工作。
She didn't even apply for the job and there she was getting paid to choose all his clothes.
她甚至没有申请这份工作,她被雇来挑选他所有的服装。
CHANTAL: It must have felt amazing – though she said all she was looking for back then was experience, not financial reward.
尚塔尔:一定感觉很棒,虽然她说她当时想要的只是经验,而不是经济回报。
HUGO: Mmm. And then he was so mean, telling her she was more interested in her own appearance than his!
雨果:嗯。然后他很刻薄,告诉她比起雇主,她对自己外表更感兴趣!
CHANTAL: But – she did realise he was right about that, which really made me think.
尚塔尔:但是,她确实意识到他是对的。这真的引发了我的思考。
I'm always considering my own clothes but now I can see you should be focusing on your client!
我一直在考虑自己的衣服,但现在我明白你应该关注你的客户!
HUGO: She obviously regretted losing the job.
雨果:她显然对失去这份工作感到遗憾。
CHANTAL: Well, as she said, she should have hidden her negative feelings about him, but she didn't.
尚塔尔:嗯,正如她所说,她应该隐藏对他的负面情绪,但她没有。
HUGO: It was really brave the way she picked herself up and took that job in retail.
雨果:她振作起来并接受了零售店的工作,这真的很勇敢。
Fancy working in a shop after that!
在那之后爱上了在商店工作!
CHANTAL: Yeah – well, she recommended we all do it at some point.
尚塔尔:是的。她建议所有人都可以在某个时间点去商店工作。
I guess as a designer you'd get to find out some useful information, like how big or small the average shopper is.
我想作为一名设计师,你会发现一些有用的信息,比如普通购物者的体型身材。
HUGO: I think that's an issue for manufacturers, not designers.
雨果:我认为这是制造者而不是设计师的事。
However, it would be useful to know if there's a gap in the market – you know, an item that no one's stocking but that consumers are looking for.
然而,这对了解市场是否存在缺口将很有用。你知道,有的商品没有人备货但消费者却都想要。
CHANTAL: Yeah, people don't give up searching.
尚塔尔:是的,人们会一直找。
They also take things back to the store if they aren't right.
如果人们没有买对东西也会退货。
HUGO: Yeah. Imagine you worked in an expensive shop and you found out the garments sold there were being returned because they … fell apart in the wash!
雨果:是的。想象一下,你在一家高档商店工作,你发现那里出售的衣服被退回了,因为它们在洗涤时破碎了!
CHANTAL: Yeah, it would be good to know that kind of thing.
尚塔尔:是的,能了解那些事会很好。
HUGO: Yeah.
雨果:是的。
下一题
剑18 undefined