BREDA: If I could just find out a bit more about you …
布兰达:可以再问一些关于您的问题吗?
DAN: OK.
丹:好的。
BREDA: So you said you wanted to compete – have you ever won any photography competitions?
布兰达:您刚才说想要参加比赛,您曾经在摄影比赛中得过任何奖项吗?
DAN: Not yet, but I have entered three in the past.
丹:没有。但是我之前参加了三次比赛。
BREDA: Oh, that's interesting.
布兰达:哦,听起来很有趣。
So why don't you tell me something about those?
您不妨告诉我一些关于比赛的事儿。
Let's start with the first one.
我们先聊下第一次比赛吧。
DAN: Well, the theme was entitled ‘Domestic Life'.
丹:比赛的主题是“家庭生活”。
BREDA: I see – so it had to be something related to the home?
布兰达:明白了。所以参赛作品是和家庭有关对吗?
DAN: Yeah. I chose to take a photo of a family sitting round the dinner table having a meal, and, um, I didn't win, but I did get some feedback.
丹:是的。我选择拍一张一家人围坐在餐桌旁吃饭的照片,嗯,我没有得奖,但我确实得到了一些反馈。
BREDA: Oh, what did the judges say?
布兰达:嗯,评审们怎么说?
DAN: That it was too ‘busy' as a picture.
丹:图片看起来太杂乱了。
BREDA: Aha – so it was the composition of the picture that they criticised?
布兰达:啊哈,所以他们批评的是画面的构图?
DAN: That's right – and once they'd told me that, I could see my mistake.
丹:没错。他们一告诉我,我就明白我的错误了。
BREDA: So what was the theme of the second competition?
布兰达:第二次比赛的主题是什么?
DAN: Well, my university was on the coast and that area gets a lot of beautiful sunsets, so that was the theme.
丹:我的大学在海边,那个地区有很多美丽的日落,所以这就是主题。
BREDA: Oh, sunsets, that's a great theme.
布兰达:哦,日落,是个好的主题。
DAN: Yes. The instructions were to capture the clouds as well – it couldn't just be blue sky and a setting sun.
丹:没错。赛事说明还要捕捉云彩的图片,不能只有蓝天和落日。
BREDA: Sure, cause they give you all those amazing pinks and purples.
布兰达:的确。因为云彩能呈现出粉色和紫色,非常漂亮。
DAN: Yeah – and I thought I'd done that well, but the feedback was that I should have waited a bit longer to get the shot.
丹:是的。我认为我做得很好,但反馈是我应该多等一会儿再拍摄。
BREDA: I see. So the timing wasn't right.
布兰达:明白了,拍摄的时机不对。
DAN: Yes – I took it too soon, basically.
丹:是的,就是说我拍得太早了。
And then the third competition I entered was called ‘Animal Magic'.
我参加的第三场比赛叫做“动物魔法”。
BREDA: Well, that's a difficult subject!
布兰达:好吧,这个主题可不简单。
DAN: I know! I had to take hundreds of shots.
丹:就是说。我拍了有上百张。
BREDA: I'm sure – because animals move all the time.
布兰达:肯定的。因为动物一直在动。
DAN: That's what we had to show – there had to be some movement in the scene.
丹:这就是我们必须展示的,场景中必须有一些运动。
I got a great shot of a fox in the end, but I took it at night and, well, I suspected that it was a bit dark, which is what I was told.
最后我拍了一张很棒的狐狸的照片,但我是在晚上拍的,好吧,我怀疑它有点暗,他们是这么告诉我的。
BREDA: Well Dan – you seem to be really keen and we'd be delighted to have you in our club.
布兰达:好的,丹。您看起来真的很喜欢摄影,我们也很高兴您能够加入我们。
I'm sure we can help with all those areas that you've outlined.
我相信我们可以为您提到的所有这些方面提供帮助。
DAN: Thanks, that's great.
丹:非常感谢,太好了。
下一题
剑18 undefined