WOMAN: So, I understand you're interested in restaurant work?
女士:好的,我了解到你有兴趣在餐厅工作,对吗?
MAN: Yes. I've got a bit of experience and I can provide references.
男士:是的。我有一些工作经验而且我可以提供推荐信。
WOMAN: That's good. I can check all that later.
女士:好的。后续我会再确认这些。
Now, Milo's Restaurants have some vacancies at the moment.
目前,米洛餐厅有一些岗位在招人。
They're a really good company to work for. Lots of benefits.
他们是一家非常好的公司,提供很多福利。
MAN: Oh right.
男士:明白了。
WOMAN: Yes. They've got a very good reputation for looking after staff.
女士:嗯。他们在照顾员工方面是出了名的好。
For example, all employees get training – even temporary staff.
比如,所有的员工都有培训项目,就连临时工也可以参与培训。
MAN: Oh really? That's quite unusual, isn't it?
男士:是吗?确实不常见,不是吗?
WOMAN: Certainly is.
女士:就是说。
MAN: And do staff get free uniforms too?
男士:员工制服免费发吗?
WOMAN: Um … you just need to wear a white T-shirt and black trousers, it says here. So I guess not …
女士:这个嘛,这里写的是你需要穿白色T恤和黑色裤子。所以我猜,不是免费的。
But another benefit of working for a big company like this is that you can get a discount at any of their restaurants.
但是在大公司工作的另外一个好处是在公司旗下任一餐厅消费都可以打折。
MAN: Even at weekends?
男士:周末也是吗?
WOMAN: No, but you'll be working then anyway.
女士:不是的。反正你周末的时候也要上班。
MAN: Oh yes. I suppose so.
男士:是的,我想也是。
Most of their restaurants are in the city centre, aren't they?
他们大部分餐厅都在市中心对吗?
So, easy to get to by bus?
所以,坐公交好到吗?
WOMAN: Yes. That's right.
女士:是的,没错。
But if you have to do a late shift and finish work after midnight, the company will pay for you to get a taxi home.
但是如果你需要上晚班,半夜才下班的话,公司会支付你打车回家的费用。
MAN: I probably won't need one.
男士:估计我用不上。
I think I'd use my bike.
我想我会骑车回家。
WOMAN: OK. Now, they do have some quite specific requirements for the kind of person they're looking for.
女士:没问题。好了,他们确实对他们要找的人有一些非常具体的要求。
Milo's is a young, dynamic company and they're really keen on creating a strong team.
米洛餐厅是一家年轻、充满活力的公司,他们非常热衷于打造一支强大的员工队伍。
It's really important that you can fit in and get on well with everyone.
能够融入团队并与每个人相处融洽真的非常重要。
MAN: Yeah. I've got no problem with that. It sounds good, actually.
男士:好的。我没有问题。实际上,这听起来很不错。
The last place I worked for was quite demanding too.
我上一个工作单位的要求也很高。
We had to make sure we gave a really high level of service.
我们需要确保我们提供高水平的服务。
WOMAN: That's good to hear because that will be equally important at Milo's.
女士:听你这么说我很高兴,因为在米洛餐厅这也同样重要。
I know they want people who have an eye for detail.
我知道他们想要注重细节的人。
MAN: That's fine. I'm very used to working in that kind of environment.
男士:没问题。我已经非常习惯在这样的环境中工作。
WOMAN: Perfect. So the only other thing that's required is good communication skills, so you'll need to have a certificate in English.
女士:太好了。除此之外,公司还有一个要求就是员工要有良好的沟通能力,所以你需要有英语的证书。
MAN: Sure.
男士:好的。
下一题
剑18 undefined