A
a factory.
B
a private home.
C
a hall of residence.
A
teaching rooms.
B
a research library.
C
administration offices.
A
Visitors decide whether or not they wish to pay.
B
Only children and students receive a discount.
C
The museum charges extra for special exhibitions.
A
cameras
B
coats
C
bags
PART 2
Good morning everyone, and welcome to the Museum of Farming Life.
大家早上好,欢迎来到农耕生活博物馆。
I understand it's your first visit here, so I'd like to give you some background information about the museum and then explain a little about what you can see during your visit.
我知道大家是第一次来这里,所以我想给你们介绍一些关于博物馆的背景信息,然后解释一下在参观期间可以看到什么。
So, where we're standing at the moment is the entrance to a large building that was constructed in 1880 as the home of a local businessman, Alfred Palmer, of the Palmer biscuit factory.
我们现在所站的地方是一座大型建筑的入口,该建筑建于1880年,是帕尔默饼干厂老板、当地商人阿尔弗雷德·帕尔默的家。
It was later sold and became a hall of residence for students in 1911, and a museum in 1951.
后来这里被出售,1911年成为学生宿舍。后来在1951年成为博物馆。
In 2005, a modern extension was built to accommodate the museum's collections.2005
年,为了容纳博物馆的藏品,建造了一个现代化的楼房作为扩充。
The museum's owned by the university, and apart from two rooms that are our offices, the university uses the main part of the building.
博物馆归大学所有,除了我们办公室的两个房间外,建筑的大部分设施归大学使用。
You may see students going into the building for lessons, but it's not open to museum visitors, I'm afraid.
大家可能会看到学生进入大楼上课,但很抱歉它不对博物馆参观者开放。
It's a shame because the interior architectural features are outstanding, especially the room that used to be the library.
这很可惜,因为内部建筑特色很突出,尤其是那间曾作为图书馆的房间。
Luckily, we've managed to keep entry to the museum free.
幸运的是,我们做到了博物馆门票免费。
This includes access to all the galleries, outdoor areas and the rooms for special exhibitions.
免费开放区域包括所有展馆、室外区域和特别展览室。
We run activities for children and students, such as the museum club, for which there's no charge.
我们为儿童和学生举办免费活动,例如博物馆俱乐部。
We do have a donation box just over there so feel free to give whatever amount you consider appropriate.
确实,我们设了一个捐款箱,捐款金额随意,大家不要有负担。
We do have a cloakroom, if you'd like to leave your coats and bags somewhere.
如果您想放外套和包,博物馆有寄物处。
Unlike other museums, photography is allowed here, so you might like to keep your cameras with you.
与其他博物馆不同,这里允许拍照,因此也许您会想随身携带相机。
You might be more comfortable not carrying around heavy rucksacks, though keep your coats and jackets on as it's quite cold in the museum garden today.
不用背着沉重的背包可能会更舒服。但请穿上外套和夹克,因为今天博物馆花园里很冷。
I'd like to tell you about the different areas of the museum.
我想告诉大家博物馆的不同区域。
Just inside, and outside the main gallery, we have an area called Four Seasons.
博物馆内,主展厅的外面,有一个名为“四季”的区域。
Here you can watch a four-minute animation of a woodland scene.
在这里,大家可以观看一段四分钟的林地场景动画。
It was designed especially for the museum by a group of young people on a film studies course, and it's beautiful.
那是由一群上电影研究课的年轻人专门为博物馆设计的,动画很精美。
Children absolutely love it, but then, so do adults.
孩子们绝对喜欢,不过,大人也会喜欢。
The main gallery's called Town and Country.
主展厅名为“城镇与乡村”。
It includes a photographic collection of prize-winning sheep and shepherds.
它展示了关于绵羊和牧羊人的摄影集,是得过奖的。
Leaving Town and Country, you enter Farmhouse Kitchen, which is … well, self-explanatory.
离开主展厅,大家会进入“农舍厨房”,这里是做什么的不用多说,一看就知道。
Here we have the oldest collection of equipment for making butter and cheese in the country.
这里展示了国内最古老的黄油和奶酪制作设备。
And this morning, a specialist cheesemaker will be giving demonstrations of how it's produced.
今天早上,一位专业的奶酪制造者将演示它是如何制作的。
You may even get to try some.
大家甚至可以品尝一些。
After that, you can go in two directions.
之后,大家有两个方向的参观路线选择。
To the right is a staircase that takes you up to a landing from where you can look down on the galleries.
右边是一个楼梯,通向一个平台,从那里可以俯瞰画廊。
To the left is a room called A Year on the Farm.
左边是一间名为“农场的一年”的房间。
There's lots of seating here as sometimes we use the room for school visits, so it's a good place to stop for a rest.
这里有很多座位,因为有时我们会用这个房间来接待学校参观,所以这是一个停下来休息的好地方。
If you're feeling competitive, you can take our memory test in which you answer questions about things you've seen in the museum.
如果喜欢比赛,大家可以参加我们的记忆力测试。回答关于大家在博物馆看到的东西的问题。
The next area's called Wagon Walk.
下一个区域叫做“手推车小路”。
This contains farm carts from nearly every part of the country.
这里展示的农用车几乎来自全国各地。
It's surprising how much regional variation there was.
令人惊讶的是,地区差异如此之大。
Beside the carts are display boards with information about each one.
手推车旁边有显示板,上面有关于每个手推车的信息。
The carts are old and fragile, so we ask you to keep your children close to you and ensure they don't climb on the carts.
手推车又旧又脆弱,因此我们要求您让孩子待在您身边,并确保他们不会爬上手推车。
From Wagon Walk, you can either make your way back to reception or go out into the garden – or even go back to take another look in the galleries.
从“手推车小路”出发,您可以返回接待处或前往花园,甚至可以返回画廊再看一眼。
In the far corner of the garden is Bees are Magic, but we're redeveloping this area so you can't visit that at the moment.
在花园的远角是“蜜蜂真神奇”,但我们正在重新开发这片地区,因此目前大家无法参观。
You can still buy our honey in the shop, though.
不过,您仍然可以在商店购买我们的蜂蜜。
Finally, there's The Pond, which contains all kinds of interesting wildlife.
最后,还有“池塘”,里面有各种有趣的野生动物。
There are baby ducks that are only a few days old, as well as tiny frogs.
有只有几天大的小鸭子,还有小青蛙。
The Pond isn't deep and there's a fence around it, so it's perfectly safe for children.
池塘不深,周围有围栏,对孩子们来说是绝对安全的。
上一题
剑18 Test 4 Part 1下一题
剑18 Test 4 Part 3