PART 1
WOMAN: So, I understand you're interested in restaurant work?
女士:好的,我了解到你有兴趣在餐厅工作,对吗?
MAN: Yes. I've got a bit of experience and I can provide references.
男士:是的。我有一些工作经验而且我可以提供推荐信。
WOMAN: That's good. I can check all that later.
女士:好的。后续我会再确认这些。
Now, Milo's Restaurants have some vacancies at the moment.
目前,米洛餐厅有一些岗位在招人。
They're a really good company to work for. Lots of benefits.
他们是一家非常好的公司,提供很多福利。
MAN: Oh right.
男士:明白了。
WOMAN: Yes. They've got a very good reputation for looking after staff.
女士:嗯。他们在照顾员工方面是出了名的好。
For example, all employees get training – even temporary staff.
比如,所有的员工都有培训项目,就连临时工也可以参与培训。
MAN: Oh really? That's quite unusual, isn't it?
男士:是吗?确实不常见,不是吗?
WOMAN: Certainly is.
女士:就是说。
MAN: And do staff get free uniforms too?
男士:员工制服免费发吗?
WOMAN: Um … you just need to wear a white T-shirt and black trousers, it says here. So I guess not …
女士:这个嘛,这里写的是你需要穿白色T恤和黑色裤子。所以我猜,不是免费的。
But another benefit of working for a big company like this is that you can get a discount at any of their restaurants.
但是在大公司工作的另外一个好处是在公司旗下任一餐厅消费都可以打折。
MAN: Even at weekends?
男士:周末也是吗?
WOMAN: No, but you'll be working then anyway.
女士:不是的。反正你周末的时候也要上班。
MAN: Oh yes. I suppose so.
男士:是的,我想也是。
Most of their restaurants are in the city centre, aren't they?
他们大部分餐厅都在市中心对吗?
So, easy to get to by bus?
所以,坐公交好到吗?
WOMAN: Yes. That's right.
女士:是的,没错。
But if you have to do a late shift and finish work after midnight, the company will pay for you to get a taxi home.
但是如果你需要上晚班,半夜才下班的话,公司会支付你打车回家的费用。
MAN: I probably won't need one.
男士:估计我用不上。
I think I'd use my bike.
我想我会骑车回家。
WOMAN: OK. Now, they do have some quite specific requirements for the kind of person they're looking for.
女士:没问题。好了,他们确实对他们要找的人有一些非常具体的要求。
Milo's is a young, dynamic company and they're really keen on creating a strong team.
米洛餐厅是一家年轻、充满活力的公司,他们非常热衷于打造一支强大的员工队伍。
It's really important that you can fit in and get on well with everyone.
能够融入团队并与每个人相处融洽真的非常重要。
MAN: Yeah. I've got no problem with that. It sounds good, actually.
男士:好的。我没有问题。实际上,这听起来很不错。
The last place I worked for was quite demanding too.
我上一个工作单位的要求也很高。
We had to make sure we gave a really high level of service.
我们需要确保我们提供高水平的服务。
WOMAN: That's good to hear because that will be equally important at Milo's.
女士:听你这么说我很高兴,因为在米洛餐厅这也同样重要。
I know they want people who have an eye for detail.
我知道他们想要注重细节的人。
MAN: That's fine. I'm very used to working in that kind of environment.
男士:没问题。我已经非常习惯在这样的环境中工作。
WOMAN: Perfect. So the only other thing that's required is good communication skills, so you'll need to have a certificate in English.
女士:太好了。除此之外,公司还有一个要求就是员工要有良好的沟通能力,所以你需要有英语的证书。
MAN: Sure.
男士:好的。
WOMAN: OK. Let's have a look at the current job vacancies at Milo's.
女士:嗯。让我们看下米洛餐厅目前在招人的岗位。
The first one is in Wivenhoe Street.
第一家在威文霍街。
MAN: Sorry, where?
男士:不好意思,哪里?
WOMAN: Wivenhoe. W-I-V-E-N-H-O-E.
女士:威文霍。W-I-V-E-N-H-O-E。
It's quite central, just off Cork Street.
非常接近市中心,离科克街很近。
MAN: Oh right.
男士:好的。
WOMAN: They're looking for a breakfast supervisor.
女士:招聘的是早餐主管。
MAN: That would be OK.
男士:那没问题。
WOMAN: So you're probably familiar with the kind of responsibilities involved.
女士:所以你可能熟悉岗位涉及的工作责任。
Obviously checking that all the portions are correct, etc., and then things like checking all the procedures for cleaning the equipment are being followed.
很明显,你需要确认所有的餐品菜量合适。还要确认设备的清理步骤完整。
MAN: OK. And what about the salary?
男士:明白了。薪水怎么样?
In my last job I was getting £9.50 per hour.
上一份工作的时薪是9.5镑。
I was hoping to get a bit more than that.
我希望这次能多一些。
WOMAN: Well, to begin with, you'd be getting £9.75 but that goes up to £11.25 after three months.
女士:嗯,一开始的薪酬是9.75镑,但是三个月之后会提高到11.25镑。
MAN: That's not too bad.
男士:还不错。
And I suppose it's a very early start?
我猜这份工作需要一大早开始?
WOMAN: Mmm. That's the only unattractive thing about this job.
女士:嗯。这也是这个岗位唯一不吸引人的地方。
But then you have the afternoons and evenings free.
但是工作之后下午和晚上都是自由的。
So the restaurant starts serving breakfast from 7 a.m.
餐厅早上七点开始供应早餐。
And you'd have to be there at 5.30 to set everything up.
你需要5点半到岗,开始准备好一切。
But you'd be finished at 12.30.
下班时间是12点半。
MAN: Mmm. Well, as you say, there are advantages to that.
男士:好吧。正如您所说,早上班也有好处。
WOMAN: Now, you might also be interested in the job at the City Road branch.
女士:你也许也对城市路分店的工作有兴趣。
That's for a junior chef, so again a position of responsibility.
那里在招聘初级厨师,也是一份职责明确的工作。
MAN: I might prefer that, actually.
男士:实际上我更喜欢这份工作。
WOMAN: Right, well obviously this role would involve supporting the sous chef and other senior staff.
女士:明白。很明显,这份工作涉及到辅助副主厨和其它的资深员工。
And you'd be responsible for making sure there's enough stock each week – and sorting out all the deliveries.
而且你要负责确保餐厅的每周库存充足,还要整理送来的货物。
MAN: I've never done that before, but I imagine it's fairly straightforward, once you get the hang of it.
男士:我之前从没做过这样的工作。但是我想一旦掌握了工作流程,应该还挺容易的。
WOMAN: Yes, and you'd be working alongside more experienced staff to begin with, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
女士:是的,而且一开始你会和更有经验的员工一起工作,所以我相信这不会有问题。
The salary's slightly higher here.
这份工作的薪水更高。
It's an annual salary of £23,000.
年薪在23000镑。
MAN: Right.
男士:好的。
WOMAN: I know that if they like you, it's likely you'll be promoted quite quickly.
女士:我还知道如果他们欣赏你,你很快就可以得到晋升。
So that's worth thinking about.
所以这个机会很值得认真考虑。
MAN: Yes. It does sound interesting.
男士:是的,听起来确实很好。
What are the hours like?
工作时间怎么样?
WOMAN: The usual, I think.
女士:我觉得就是常规时间。
There's a lot of evening and weekend work, but they're closed on Mondays.
晚上和周末的工作多,但是餐厅周一不营业。
But you do get one Sunday off every four weeks.
但是每四周可以休一个星期天。
So would you like me to send off your …
所以你需要我给你发送一下……
上一题
剑18 Test 1 Part 4下一题
剑18 Test 2 Part 2