PART 1
JULIE: Hello?
朱莉:你好。
GREG: Oh, hello. Is that Julie Davison?
格雷格:你好。请问是朱莉·戴维森吗?
JULIE: Yes.
朱莉:我是。
GREG: This is Greg Preston from the Employment Agency.
格雷格:我是招聘中心的格雷格·普雷斯顿,
We met last week when you came in to enquire about office work.
上周你来咨询办公室职位的时候我们见过。
JULIE: Oh, that's right.
朱莉:是的。
GREG: Now we've just had some details come in of a job which might interest you.
格雷格:我们现在得到了一个岗位的具体信息,你也许有兴趣听一下。
JULIE: OK.
朱莉:好的。
GREG: So this is a position for a receptionist – I believe you've done that sort of work before?
格雷格:是一份前台的工作。我相信你之前做过这类工作对吗?
JULIE: Yes, I have, I worked in a sports centre for a couple of years before I got married and had the children.
朱莉:没错。我曾经在一家运动中心工作过很多年,后来就结婚生小孩儿了。
GREG: Right. Well, this job's in Fordham, so not too far away for you, and it's at the medical centre there.
格雷格:嗯。这份工作在福特汉姆的一家医疗中心,离你不远。
JULIE: OK. So where exactly is that?
朱莉:好的。具体在什么位置呢?
GREG: It's quite near the station, on Chastons Road.
格雷格:在查斯敦路,离车站很近。
JULIE: Sorry?
朱莉:什么路?
GREG: Chastons Road – that's C-H-A-S-T-O-N-S.
格雷格:查斯敦。C-H-A-S-T-O-N-S。
JULIE: OK, thanks. So what would the work involve?
朱莉:知道了,谢谢。工作内容涉及什么呢?
Dealing with enquiries from patients?
回答病人的一些询问吗?
GREG: Yes, and you'd also be involved in making appointments, whether face to face or on the phone.
格雷格:是的。还涉及到预约,面对面的和电话预约。
And rescheduling them if necessary.
需要的话,还得修改预约日期。
JULIE: Fine, that shouldn't be a problem.
朱莉:明白了。这不是问题。
GREG: And another of your duties would be keeping the centre's database up-to-date.
格雷格:另一项工作职责是更新中心的数据。
Then you might have other general administrative duties as well, but those would be the main ones.
然后你可能还有其他一般行政职责,但这些就是主要工作内容了。
JULIE: OK.
朱莉:好的。
GREG: Now when the details came in, I immediately thought of you because one thing they do require is someone with experience, and you did mention your work at the sports centre when you came in to see us.
格雷格:当我得到具体岗位要求的时候,我第一时间想到了你,因为他们的唯一要求就是要找有经验的。你来的时候的确提及了你曾经在运动中心工作。
JULIE: Yes, in fact I enjoyed that job.
朱莉:是的,实际上那份工作我做得很开心。
Is there anything else they're looking for?
他们还有其它的要求吗?
GREG: Well, they say it's quite a high-pressure environment, they're always very busy, and patients are often under stress, so they want someone who can cope with that and stay calm, and at the same time be confident when interacting with the public.
格雷格:有的。他们说这是一个高压环境,他们总是很忙,而且患者经常处于压力之下,所以他们想要一个能够应对压力并保持冷静的人,同时在与患者互动时要有自信。
JULIE: Well, after dealing with three children all under five, I reckon I can cope with that.
朱莉:好吧,带了三个不到五岁的孩子之后,我觉得我可以做得很好。
GREG: I'm sure you can.
格雷格:我相信你可以的。
GREG: And then another thing they mention is that they're looking for someone with good IT skills …
格雷格:他们还提到他们要找的人要有很好的IT技能。
JULIE: Not a problem.
朱莉:没问题。
GREG: So you'd be interested in following this up?
格雷格:那么你有兴趣来应聘这个岗位吗?
JULIE: Sure. When would it start?
朱莉:当然。什么时候开始工作?
GREG: Well, they're looking for someone from the beginning of next month, but I should tell you that this isn't a permanent job.
格雷格:他们想要找一位能够在下个月初开始工作的人,但是我要告诉你这不是一份长期的工作。
It's temporary, so the contract would be just to the end of September.
是临时工。所以合约到九月末结束。
But they do say that there could be further opportunities after that.
但是他们的确说了结束后可能会有更多的合作机会。
JULIE: OK. And what would the hours be?
朱莉:好的。工作时间是什么样的?
GREG: Well, they want someone who can start at a quarter to eight in the morning – could you manage that?
格雷格:他们想要员工早上七点四十五分到岗。你能做到吗?
JULIE: Yes, my husband would have to get the kids up and off to my mother's – she's going to be looking after them while I'm at work.
朱莉:是的。我丈夫会负责把孩子送到我母亲那里,再接他们回来。我工作的时候我母亲会照看孩子。
What time would I finish?
几点下班?
GREG: One fifteen.
格雷格:13点15。
JULIE: That should work out all right.
朱莉:那应该没有问题。
I can pick the kids up on my way home, and then I'll have the afternoon with them.
我可以在下班回家的时候顺路接孩子,然后下午和孩子在一起。
Oh, one thing … is there parking available for staff at the centre?
哦,还有一件事。医疗中心有供员工使用的停车位吗?
GREG: Yes, there is, and it's also on a bus route.
格雷格:有的。公交也可以到。
JULIE: Right. Well, I expect I'll have the car but it's good to know that.
朱莉:明白了。我想我会开车,但是知道这有公交也挺好。
OK, so where do I go from here?
那我现在要和哪里对接?
GREG: Well, if you're happy for me to do so, I'll forward your CV and references, and then the best thing would probably be for you to phone them so they can arrange for an interview.
格雷格:如果你愿意让我来做的话,我会把你的简历和推荐信转发给他们。之后你最好给他们打电话,这样他们可以安排一个工作面试。
JULIE: Great. Well thank you very much.
朱莉:太好了。非常感谢。
GREG: You're welcome. Bye now.
格雷格:不客气,再见。
JULIE: Bye.
朱莉:再见。
上一题
剑18 Test 3 Part 4下一题
剑18 Test 4 Part 2