首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 3 Part 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-24
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.

 
Holly's Work Placement Tutorial

21 Holly has chosen the Orion Stadium placement because

A

it involves children.

B

it is outdoors.

C

it sounds like fun.

22 Which aspect of safety does Dr Green emphasise most?

A

ensuring children stay in the stadium

B

checking the equipment children will use

C

removing obstacles in changing rooms

23 What does Dr Green say about the spectators?

A

They can be hard to manage.

B

They make useful volunteers.

C

They shouldn't take photographs.

24 What has affected the schedule in the past?

A

bad weather

B

an injury

C

extra time

Questions 25-30
What do Holly and her tutor agree is an important aspect of each of the following events management skills?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 25-30.

Important aspects
A being flexible
B focusing on details
C having a smart appearance
D hiding your emotions
E relying on experts
F trusting your own views
G doing one thing at a time
H thinking of the future

Events management skills
25 Communication 
26 Organisation 
27 Time management 
28 Creativity 
29 Leadership 
30 Networking 

PART 3

HOLLY: Hello Dr. Green – I'm here to talk to you about my work placement.

霍莉:您好,格林博士,我来跟您谈谈我的工作实习。

TUTOR: Oh yes, it's Holly, isn't it?

导师:哦,可以。你是霍莉,对吗?

HOLLY: Yes.

霍莉:是的。

TUTOR: So, which work placement have you chosen?

导师:那么,你选择了什么实习项目?

HOLLY: I decided to go for the Orion Stadium placement.

霍莉:我决定去猎户座体育场。

The event I'll be managing is one where I'm helping to set up a sports competition for primary school children.

我要主持的活动是帮助举办小学生体育竞赛。

TUTOR: Yup. That's always a popular placement – even though it can be tougher than you think working with children.

导师:是的。这一直是一个受欢迎的实习项目,虽然它可能比你想象中的儿童工作更困难。

HOLLY: I know, but it's the fresh air that attracts me – organising something indoors doesn't have the same appeal, even though it might be fun.

霍莉:我知道,但正是新鲜空气吸引着我。在室内组织活动并没有同样的吸引力,虽然它可能很有趣。

TUTOR: OK, so obviously safety's going to be one of your key concerns for this event.

导师:好的,很显然,安全将是你在这次活动中最关心的问题之一。

HOLLY: Yes, I've already thought about that.

霍莉:是的,我已经想过了。

I'll need to make sure none of the equipment's damaged.

我需要确保设备没有损坏。

TUTOR: Ah well, you'll be working with schools, so the equipment will be their responsibility.

导师:嗯,你将与学校合作,所以设备将由他们负责。

However, the grounds and what goes on there will be yours.

然而,比赛场地和场地内发生的一切将归你管。

HOLLY: Oh I see – that'll include keeping everyone within the boundary once they're in their kit and on the field?

霍莉:哦,我明白了。这包括在每个人都穿好装备上场后,让他们待在场地之内?

TUTOR: Exactly – you'll need to inspect areas like changing rooms as well for anything someone can trip over, but your main priority will be not to lose anyone!

导师:没错。你也需要检查更衣室之类的地方,看看有没有人会绊倒。但你的首要任务是不要丢下任何人!

HOLLY: Right. I'll need staff to help with that.

霍莉:对。我需要工作人员帮忙。

TUTOR: And don't forget about the spectators.

导师:别忘了观众。

HOLLY: Mmm. I was thinking that many of them will be parents, who could help run the event.

霍莉:嗯。我在想,他们中的许多人是家长,他们可以在这次活动帮上忙。

TUTOR: I wouldn't rely on that.

导师:我不会依赖学生家长。

They'll be more interested in filming their children than volunteering.

他们更感兴趣的是拍摄自己的孩子,而不是做志愿者。

HOLLY: I'll need to make sure they don't interfere with events doing that!

霍莉:我需要确保他们的拍摄不会干扰活动!

TUTOR: And that's not always easy, especially when a proud parent's trying to get a snap of their child and you want them to move elsewhere.

家教:这并不总是那么容易,当一位自豪的父亲或母亲试图给他们的孩子拍照,而你想让他们挪到其他地方的时候尤其难办。

HOLLY: OK. What about the scheduling?

霍莉:好的。日程安排如何?

TUTOR: With sporting events there are all sorts of things that can alter the timetable – like rain, for instance – though so far, we've always been lucky with that.

导师:各种各样的事情可以改变体育赛事的时间表,比如下雨。但是到目前为止,我们一直很幸运。

HOLLY: Yeah, and I was thinking about what to do if someone got hurt as well.

霍莉:是的,我在想如果有人也受伤了该怎么办。

I know that last year that caused a terrible delay.

我知道去年因为这个造成了严重的延误。

TUTOR: You have to be prepared for such things.

导师:你必须为这些事情做好准备。

HOLLY: Oh. What if a match ends in a draw – do you let the teams keep going until someone wins?

霍莉:哦。如果一场比赛以平局结束,你会让球队继续比赛直到有人获胜吗?

TUTOR: That'll be up to you – and again, you need to plan for it.

导师:这取决于你自己。再说一遍,你需要为此做好计划。

HOLLY: Right.

霍莉:好的。

TUTOR: Now, the aim of your work placement is to give you the opportunity to develop the skills that an events manager needs.

导师:现在,你工作实习的目的是让你有机会提升作为活动经理需要的技能。

So, let's talk about those a bit.

那么,让我们来谈谈这些。

HOLLY: Well, I think my communication skills are pretty good.

霍莉:嗯,我觉得我的沟通技巧相当好。

I can talk on the phone to people and book venues and that kind of thing.

我可以和人们通电话,预定场地等等。

TUTOR: Good – just remember it isn't only about what you say.

导师:很好。记住这不仅仅和你说什么有关系。

If you meet someone face-to-face and want to persuade them to be a sponsor, for example …

例如,如果你与某人面对面交谈,并想说服他们成为赞助商时……

HOLLY: Oh, I'll dress up for that! Sure.

霍莉:哦,我会打扮得体!肯定的。

TUTOR: Good. Let's go on to think about your organisational skills.

导师:很好。让我们继续思考你的组织技能。

You're working in a very people-based industry and that means things won't always go to plan.

你在一个以人为本的行业工作,这意味着事情不会总是按计划进行。

HOLLY: I guess it's being prepared to make changes that matters.

霍莉:我想能够随时准备做出改变很重要。

TUTOR: That's right. You may have to make an on-the-spot change to a timetable because of a problem you hadn't anticipated …

导师:没错。由于一个你没有预料到的问题,你可能不得不当场更改时间表。

HOLLY: … just do it! OK.

霍莉:那就直接改!明白。

TUTOR: How's your time management these days?

导师:最近你的时间管理怎么样?

HOLLY: I'm working on it – I'm certainly better when I have a deadline, which is why this work suits me.

霍莉:我正在努力。当有最后期限时,我肯定会更好,这就是为什么这项工作适合我。

TUTOR: Yes, but it's how you respond as that deadline approaches!

导师:是的,但随着最后期限的临近,你的反应很重要。

HOLLY: I know I've got to look calm even if I'm in a panic.

霍莉:我知道即使我惊慌失措,我也得保持冷静。

TUTOR: Just think to yourself – no one must know I'm under pressure.

导师:在心里告诉自己“没人需要知道我有压力”。

HOLLY: Yeah – even though I'm multi-tasking like crazy!

霍莉:是的,尽管我疯狂地同时处理多项任务!

TUTOR: Another skill that events managers need is creativity.

导师:活动经理需要的另一项技能是创造力。

Often your client has what we call the 'big picture' idea, but it's up to the events manager to think of all the fine points that go to making it work.

通常情况下,你的客户都有我们所说的“大局观”理念,但要想让它发挥作用,所有的细节都要由活动经理来考虑。

HOLLY: Right, so I need to listen carefully to that idea and then fill in all the gaps.

霍莉:是的,所以我需要仔细倾听,然后填补所有的空白。

TUTOR: That's right. And you'll have a team working under you, so another key skill is leadership.

导师:没错。你会有一个团队在你手下工作,所以另一个关键技能是领导力。

Your team may have lots of ideas too, but you've got to make the ultimate choices.

你的团队可能也有很多想法,但你必须做出最终的选择。

Do we have refreshments inside or out, for example?

例如,我们是在里面吃点心还是在外面吃点心?

HOLLY: Isn't it better to be democratic?

霍莉:民主不是更好吗?

TUTOR: It's a nice idea, but you have the ultimate responsibility.

导师:这是个好主意,但你有最终的责任。

So, believe in what you think best.

所以,相信你认为的最好的。

Be prepared to say 'yes', that's a good idea but it won't work here.

随时准备说“好的”是个好办法,但在这里行不通。

HOLLY: I see what you mean.

霍莉:我明白你的意思。

What about the networking side of things?

人际关系方面呢?

I know it's an area that a lot of students worry about because we don't have much experience to offer others.

我知道这是很多学生担心的一个领域,因为我们没有太多经验可以提供给其他人。

TUTOR: But even without it – you can still be an interesting person with useful ideas.

导师:但即使没有,你仍然可以成为一个有着有用想法的有趣的人。

And the more people you impress, the better.

能够给越多的人留下好印象,结果就越好。

HOLLY: I guess that will help me when I apply for a real job.

霍莉:我想这对我申请一份真正的工作会有帮助。

TUTOR: Exactly – think ahead – remember what your ambitions are and keep them in mind.

导师:确实如此,要有前瞻意识。记住你的抱负是什么,并牢记在心。

HOLLY: Definitely.

霍莉:当然。

上一题

剑17 Test 3 Part 2

下一题

剑17 Test 3 Part 4