首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 2 Part 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters, A-E.


Which TWO things do the students agree they need to include in their reviews of Romeo and Juliet?

A

analysis of the text

B

a summary of the plot

C

a description of the theatre

D

a personal reaction

E

a reference to particular scenes

Questions 23-27
Which opinion do the speakers give about each of the following aspects of The Emporium's production of Romeo and Juliet?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 23-27.

Opinions
A They both expected this to be more traditional.
B They both thought this was original.
C They agree this created the right atmosphere.
D They agree this was a major strength.
E They were both disappointed by this.
F They disagree about why this was an issue.
G They disagree about how this could be improved.

Aspects of the production
23 the set 
24 the lighting 
25 the costume design 
26 the music 
27 the actors' delivery   
Questions 28-30
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.


28 The students think the story of Romeo and Juliet is still relevant for young people today because

A

it illustrates how easily conflict can start.

B

it deals with problems that families experience.

C

it teaches them about relationships.

29 The students found watching Romeo and Juliet in another language

A

frustrating.

B

demanding.

C

moving.

30 Why do the students think Shakespeare's plays have such international appeal?

A

The stories are exciting.

B

There are recognisable characters.

C

They can be interpreted in many ways.

PART 3

ED: Did you make notes while you were watching the performances of Romeo and Juliet, Gemma?

艾德:杰玛,你在看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的时候做笔记了吗?

GEMMA: Yes, I did. I found it quite hard though.

杰玛:是的。不过我觉得边看边记很难。

I kept getting too involved in the play.

我看表演的时候太投入了。

ED: Me too. I ended up not taking notes.

艾德:我也是。最后我没有做笔记。

I wrote down my impressions when I got home.

我回家后写下了我的感想。

Do you mind if I check a few things with you?

你介意我和你核对一些细节吗?

In case I've missed anything.

以防万一我落下了什么。

And I've also got some questions about our assignment.

另外,关于我们的任务我还有一些问题。

GEMMA: No, it's good to talk things through.

杰玛:没问题,最好把细节聊清楚。

I may have missed things too.

我可能也落下了一些内容。

ED: OK great. So first of all, I'm not sure how much information we should include in our reviews.

艾德:好的,那太好了。首先我不确定我们应该在评论中包含多少信息。

GEMMA: Right. Well, I don't think we need to describe what happens.

杰玛:嗯。我认为我们不需要描述发生了什么。

Especially as Romeo and Juliet is one of Shakespeare's most well-known plays.

尤其是关于《罗密欧与朱丽叶》,因为这是莎士比亚最著名的戏剧之一。

ED: Yeah, everyone knows the story.

艾德:是的,每个人都知道这个故事。

In an essay we'd focus on the poetry and Shakespeare's use of imagery etc., but that isn't really relevant in a review.

在论文中我们会重点讨论诗歌和莎士比亚对意象的使用等内容,但在评论中这些内容真的不太相关。

We're supposed to focus on how effective this particular production is.

我们应该关注这部特殊作品的效果和影响。

GEMMA: Mmm. We should say what made it a success or a failure.

杰玛:嗯。我们应该讨论影响它成功或失败的因素。

ED: And part of that means talking about the emotional impact the performance had on us.

艾德:这也就意味着要谈论表演对我们情感上的影响。

I think that's important.

我认为这很重要。

GEMMA: Yes. And we should definitely mention how well the director handled important bits of the play – like when Romeo climbs onto Juliet's balcony.

杰玛:是的。我们当然应该提到导演对剧中重要情节的处理有多好,比如罗密欧爬上朱丽叶的阳台那一场。

ED: And the fight between Mercutio and Tybalt.

艾德:还有马库西奥和提伯特之间的战斗。

GEMMA: Yes. It would also be interesting to mention the theatre space and how the director used it but I don't think we'll have space in 800 words.

杰玛:是的。讨论剧院空间以及导演对空间的利用应该也很有趣,但我认为我们800字的评论写不下这些内容。

ED: No. OK. That all sounds quite straightforward.

艾德:确实不够。好吧。刚才的讨论结果听起来非常明了。

ED: So what about The Emporium Theatre's production of the play?

艾德:那商场剧院的戏剧制作呢?

GEMMA: I thought some things worked really well but there were some problems too.

杰玛:我觉得有些事情做得很好,但也有一些问题。

ED: Yeah. What about the set, for example?

艾德:是的。比如说布景呢?

GEMMA: I think it was visually really stunning.

杰玛:我觉得它在视觉上真的很棒。

I'd say that was probably the most memorable thing about this production.

我认为这可能是这部作品中最令人难忘的一部分。

ED: You're right. The set design was really amazing, but actually I have seen similar ideas used in other productions.

艾德:你说得对。布景设计真的很棒,但实际上我在其他作品中也看到过类似的设计。

GEMMA: What about the lighting?

杰玛:灯光呢?

Some of the scenes were so dimly lit it was quite hard to see.

有些场景光线很暗,看起来十分费劲。

ED: I didn't dislike it.

艾德:我并不讨厌它。

It helped to change the mood of the quieter scenes.

这有助于改变安静场景的气氛。

GEMMA: That's a good point.

杰玛:这是一个很好的观点。

ED: What did you think of the costumes?

艾德:你觉得服装怎么样?

GEMMA: I was a bit surprised by the contemporary dress, I must say.

杰玛:我必须说,我对这其中的当代服装有点惊讶。

ED: Yeah – I think it worked well, but I had assumed it would be more conventional.

艾德:是的,我觉得效果不错,但我以为会更传统一些。

GEMMA: Me too. I liked the music at the beginning and I thought the musicians were brilliant, but I thought they were wasted because the music didn't have much impact in Acts 2 and 3.

杰玛:我也是。我喜欢开始时的音乐,我认为音乐家们很出色,但我认为他们没有被好好利用,因为音乐在第二幕和第三幕中没有发挥太大作用。

ED: Yes – that was a shame.

艾德:是的,那太可惜了。

GEMMA: One problem with this production was that the actors didn't deliver the lines that well.

杰玛:这部作品的一个问题是演员们台词说得没那么好。

They were speaking too fast.

他们说得太快了。

ED: It was a problem I agree, but I thought it was because they weren't speaking loudly enough – especially at key points in the play.

艾德:我同意这个问题。但我认为这是因为他们说话声音不够大,尤其是在关键场景中。

GEMMA: I actually didn't have a problem with that.

杰玛:事实上我当时没觉得这有什么不妥。

ED: It's been an interesting experience watching different versions of Romeo and Juliet, hasn't it?

埃德:观看不同版本的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是一次有趣的经历,不是吗?

GEMMA: Definitely. It's made me realise how relevant the play still is.

杰玛:当然。这让我意识到这出戏有多重要。

ED: Right. I mean a lot's changed since Shakespeare's time, but in many ways nothing's changed.

艾德:对。我的意思是,自莎士比亚时代以来,事情发生了很多变化,但在很多方面却都没有改变。

There are always disagreements and tension between teenagers and their parents.

青少年和父母之间总是有分歧和紧张。

GEMMA: Yes, that's something all young people can relate to – more than the violence and the extreme emotions in the play.

杰玛:是的,这是所有年轻人都能感受到的,比起戏剧中所传达的暴力和极端情绪,他们的感受还要更多。

ED: How did you find watching it in translation?

艾德:你觉得看翻译版怎么样?

GEMMA: Really interesting. I expected to find it more challenging, but I could follow the story pretty well.

杰玛:很有趣。我本以为这会更具挑战性,但我可以很好地理解这个故事。

ED: I stopped worrying about not being able to understand all the words and focused on the actors' expressions.

艾德:我不再担心听不懂所有的单词,而是专注于演员的表情。

The ending was pretty powerful.

结局非常震撼。

GEMMA: Yes. That somehow intensified the emotion for me.

杰玛:是的。这不知怎么地加剧了我的情绪。

ED: Did you know Shakespeare's been translated into more languages than any other writer?

埃德:你知道莎士比亚的作品被翻译成的语言比其他任何作家都多吗?

GEMMA: What's the reason for his international appeal, do you think?

杰玛:你觉得他在国际上有吸引力的原因是什么?

ED: I was reading that it's because his plays are about basic themes that people everywhere are familiar with.

艾德:我读到这是因为他的剧本都是关于世界各地人们都熟悉的基本主题。

GEMMA: Yeah, and they can also be understood on different levels.

杰玛:是的,人们可以在不同的层面对其作品进行理解。

The characters have such depth.

这些角色有如此深刻的内涵。

ED: Right – which allows directors to experiment and find new angles.

埃德:对。这可以让导演们大胆尝试,找到新的角度。

GEMMA: That's really important because …

杰玛:这真的很重要,因为……

上一题

剑17 Test 2 Part 2

下一题

剑17 Test 2 Part 4