首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 1 Part 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Buckworth Conservation Group

Regular activities
Beach
· making sure the beach does not have 1  on it
· no 2 
Nature reserve
· maintaining paths
· nesting boxes for birds installed
· next task is taking action to attract 3  to the place
· identifying types of 4 
· building a new 5 

Forthcoming events
Saturday
· meet at Dunsmore Beach car park
· walk across the sands and reach the 6 
· take a picnic
· wear appropriate 7 
Woodwork session
· suitable for 8  to participate in
· making 9   out of wood
· 17th, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· cost of session (no camping): 10 £ 

PART 1

PETER: Hello?

彼得:您好。哪位?

JAN: Oh hello. My name's Jan.

简:您好,我是简。

Are you the right person to talk to about the Buckworth Conservation Group?

请问关于巴克沃斯保护组织的事情是找您吗?

PETER: Yes, I'm Peter. I'm the secretary.

彼得:是的。我是彼得。我是秘书。

JAN: Good. I've just moved to this area, and I'm interested in getting involved.

简:太好了。我刚刚搬到这里,很想加入你们。

I was in a similar group where I used to live.

在我原来住的地方我也参加过类似的组织。

Could you tell me something about your activities, please?

能够请您介绍一下你们的活动吗?

PETER: Of course. Well, we have a mixture of regular activities and special events.

彼得:当然可以。我们组织一些定期常规活动还有一些特殊活动。

One of the regular ones is trying to keep the beach free of litter.

常规活动之一就是努力清除海滩上的垃圾。

A few of us spend a couple of hours a month on it, and it's awful how much there is to clear.

我们团队中的一些人每个月要花好几个小时来做这件事。非常糟糕的是要清理的垃圾太多了。

I wish people would be more responsible and take it home with them.

我希望人们可以负起更多责任,把垃圾带走。

JAN: I totally agree. I'd be happy to help with that.

简:我完全同意您的话。我很愿意一起帮忙。

Is it OK to take dogs?

可以带上狗么?

PETER: I'm afraid not, as they're banned from the beach itself.

彼得:恐怕不行,因为海滩本来就禁止犬类进入。

You can take them along the cliffs, though. And children are welcome.

但是你可以带它们沿着悬崖走一走。小孩子也可以来。

JAN: Right.

简:明白。

PETER: We also manage a nature reserve, and there's a lot to do there all year round.

彼得:我们还管理了一个自然保护区,每年有很多事情要做。

For example, because it's a popular place to visit, we spend a lot of time looking after the paths and making sure they're in good condition for walking.

比如,因为这是一个很受欢迎的景点,我们每年要花很多时间来养护小路,确保小路路况良好,适宜步行。

JAN: I could certainly help with that.

简:这个我肯定能帮忙。

PETER: Good. And we have a programme of creating new habitats there.

彼得:好的。另外,我们在那里还创立了新的栖息地的项目。

We've just finished making and installing nesting boxes for birds to use, and next we're going to work on encouraging insects – they're important for the biodiversity of the reserve.

我们刚刚完成了供鸟类使用的新鸟巢的制作和安装。接下来,我们将致力于促进昆虫的繁殖,它们对于生物多样性的保护有重要的作用。

JAN: They certainly are.

简:确实如此。

PETER: Oh, and we're also running a project to identify the different species of butterflies that visit the reserve.

彼得:对了,我们还有一个正在做的项目,确定飞来保护区的蝴蝶的种类。

You might be interested in taking part in that.

你也许会有兴趣加入。

JAN: Sure. I was involved in something similar where I used to live, counting all the species of moths.

简:是的。在我原来住的地方,我加入过类似的项目,是统计所有的飞蛾的种类。

I'd enjoy that.

我会做得很开心。

PETER: Another job we're doing at the reserve is replacing the wall on the southern side, between the parking area and our woodshed.

彼得:我们在保护区做的另一项工作是更换停车场和木屋之间的墙,在保护区的南边。

It was badly damaged in a storm last month.

由于上个月的风暴,这面墙损坏严重。

JAN: OK.

简:好的。

PETER: Then as I said, we have a programme of events as well, both at the weekend, and during the week.

彼得:正如我之前所说,我们也有一些活动项目,周内周末都有。

JAN: Right. I presume you have guided walks?

简:好的。我猜也有导游陪同的步行活动是吗?

I'd like to get to know the local countryside, as I'm new to the area.

因为我刚刚来到这个地方,我想要了解一下当地的乡村。

PETER: Yes, we do. The next walk is to Ruston Island, a week on Saturday.

彼得:是的,有的。下一次步行是下周六,去鲁斯顿岛。

We'll be meeting in the car park at Dunsmore Beach at low tide – that's when the sands are dry enough for us to walk to the island without getting wet.

我们将在落潮时在邓斯莫尔海滩的停车场会面,那时沙滩已经足够干燥,我们可以步行到岛上,同时也不会弄湿衣服。

JAN: Sounds good.

简:听起来不错。

PETER: The island's a great place to explore.

彼得:这个岛是适合探险的好地方。

It's quite small, and it's got a range of habitats.

岛不大,岛上有许多栖息地。

It's also an ideal location for seeing seals just off the coast, or even on the beach.

这里也是观察海豹的理想地点。可以看到海岸边,甚至是在海滩上的海豹。

JAN: OK. And is there anything we should bring, like a picnic, for instance?

简:好的。需要我们带什么吗?比如,野餐?

PETER: Yes, do bring one, as it's a full-day walk.

彼得:需要的,务必带一份儿,因为要走一整天。

And of course it'll be wet walking across and back, so make sure your boots are waterproof.

另外,来来回回地走鞋子一定会湿,所以确保你穿的靴子是防水的。

JAN: I must buy a new pair – there's a hole in one of my current ones!

简:我得买一双新的了。现在的这双有一只有个洞。

Well, I'd definitely like to come on the walk.

好的,我肯定会参加这次步行活动。

PETER: Great. Then later this month we're having a one-day woodwork session in Hopton Wood.

彼得:太好了。本月晚些时候我们会在霍普顿森林举行为期一天的木工活动。

JAN: I've never tried that before.

简:我之前从没有参加过那种活动。

Is it OK for beginners to take part?

初学者可以参加吗?

PETER: Definitely. There'll be a couple of experts leading the session, and we keep the number of participants down, so you'll get as much help as you need.

彼得:绝对可以的。当天会有一些专家来指导,我们会控制参与者的人数,这样你们就能得到尽可能多的帮助。

JAN: Excellent! I'd love to be able to make chairs.

简:完美!我希望能制作椅子。

PETER: That's probably too ambitious for one day!

彼得:想要一天完成的话,这个期待可能有点儿太多。

You'll be starting with wooden spoons, and of course learning how to use the tools.

开始的时候会做木勺子,当然还要学习如何使用木工工具。

And anything you make is yours to take home with you.

你做的任何东西都是你的,可以带回家。

JAN: That sounds like fun. When is it?

简:听起来很有趣。活动在什么时候?

PETER: It's on the 17th, from 10 a.m. until 3.

彼得:在17号,从上午十点到下午3点。

There's a charge of £35, including lunch, or £40 if you want to camp in the wood.

活动收费是35英镑,提供午饭。如果想要在森林里面宿营的话是40英镑。

JAN: I should think I'll come home the same day.

简:我觉得我当天会回家。

Well, I'd certainly like to join the group.

总之,我很愿意加入你们。

下一题

剑17 Test 1 Part 2