A
it involves children.
B
it is outdoors.
C
it sounds like fun.
A
ensuring children stay in the stadium
B
checking the equipment children will use
C
removing obstacles in changing rooms
A
They can be hard to manage.
B
They make useful volunteers.
C
They shouldn't take photographs.
A
bad weather
B
an injury
C
extra time
HOLLY: Hello Dr. Green – I'm here to talk to you about my work placement.
霍莉:您好,格林博士,我来跟您谈谈我的工作实习。
TUTOR: Oh yes, it's Holly, isn't it?
导师:哦,可以。你是霍莉,对吗?
HOLLY: Yes.
霍莉:是的。
TUTOR: So, which work placement have you chosen?
导师:那么,你选择了什么实习项目?
HOLLY: I decided to go for the Orion Stadium placement.
霍莉:我决定去猎户座体育场。
The event I'll be managing is one where I'm helping to set up a sports competition for primary school children.
我要主持的活动是帮助举办小学生体育竞赛。
TUTOR: Yup. That's always a popular placement – even though it can be tougher than you think working with children.
导师:是的。这一直是一个受欢迎的实习项目,虽然它可能比你想象中的儿童工作更困难。
HOLLY: I know, but it's the fresh air that attracts me – organising something indoors doesn't have the same appeal, even though it might be fun.
霍莉:我知道,但正是新鲜空气吸引着我。在室内组织活动并没有同样的吸引力,虽然它可能很有趣。
TUTOR: OK, so obviously safety's going to be one of your key concerns for this event.
导师:好的,很显然,安全将是你在这次活动中最关心的问题之一。
HOLLY: Yes, I've already thought about that.
霍莉:是的,我已经想过了。
I'll need to make sure none of the equipment's damaged.
我需要确保设备没有损坏。
TUTOR: Ah well, you'll be working with schools, so the equipment will be their responsibility.
导师:嗯,你将与学校合作,所以设备将由他们负责。
However, the grounds and what goes on there will be yours.
然而,比赛场地和场地内发生的一切将归你管。
HOLLY: Oh I see – that'll include keeping everyone within the boundary once they're in their kit and on the field?
霍莉:哦,我明白了。这包括在每个人都穿好装备上场后,让他们待在场地之内?
TUTOR: Exactly – you'll need to inspect areas like changing rooms as well for anything someone can trip over, but your main priority will be not to lose anyone!
导师:没错。你也需要检查更衣室之类的地方,看看有没有人会绊倒。但你的首要任务是不要丢下任何人!
HOLLY: Right. I'll need staff to help with that.
霍莉:对。我需要工作人员帮忙。
TUTOR: And don't forget about the spectators.
导师:别忘了观众。
HOLLY: Mmm. I was thinking that many of them will be parents, who could help run the event.
霍莉:嗯。我在想,他们中的许多人是家长,他们可以在这次活动帮上忙。
TUTOR: I wouldn't rely on that.
导师:我不会依赖学生家长。
They'll be more interested in filming their children than volunteering.
他们更感兴趣的是拍摄自己的孩子,而不是做志愿者。
HOLLY: I'll need to make sure they don't interfere with events doing that!
霍莉:我需要确保他们的拍摄不会干扰活动!
TUTOR: And that's not always easy, especially when a proud parent's trying to get a snap of their child and you want them to move elsewhere.
家教:这并不总是那么容易,当一位自豪的父亲或母亲试图给他们的孩子拍照,而你想让他们挪到其他地方的时候尤其难办。
HOLLY: OK. What about the scheduling?
霍莉:好的。日程安排如何?
TUTOR: With sporting events there are all sorts of things that can alter the timetable – like rain, for instance – though so far, we've always been lucky with that.
导师:各种各样的事情可以改变体育赛事的时间表,比如下雨。但是到目前为止,我们一直很幸运。
HOLLY: Yeah, and I was thinking about what to do if someone got hurt as well.
霍莉:是的,我在想如果有人也受伤了该怎么办。
I know that last year that caused a terrible delay.
我知道去年因为这个造成了严重的延误。
TUTOR: You have to be prepared for such things.
导师:你必须为这些事情做好准备。
HOLLY: Oh. What if a match ends in a draw – do you let the teams keep going until someone wins?
霍莉:哦。如果一场比赛以平局结束,你会让球队继续比赛直到有人获胜吗?
TUTOR: That'll be up to you – and again, you need to plan for it.
导师:这取决于你自己。再说一遍,你需要为此做好计划。
HOLLY: Right.
霍莉:好的。
下一题
剑17 undefined