首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 2 Part 3 Q23-27
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 23-27
Which opinion do the speakers give about each of the following aspects of The Emporium's production of Romeo and Juliet?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 23-27.

Opinions
A They both expected this to be more traditional.
B They both thought this was original.
C They agree this created the right atmosphere.
D They agree this was a major strength.
E They were both disappointed by this.
F They disagree about why this was an issue.
G They disagree about how this could be improved.

Aspects of the production
23 the set 
24 the lighting 
25 the costume design 
26 the music 
27 the actors' delivery   

ED: So what about The Emporium Theatre's production of the play?

艾德:那商场剧院的戏剧制作呢?

GEMMA: I thought some things worked really well but there were some problems too.

杰玛:我觉得有些事情做得很好,但也有一些问题。

ED: Yeah. What about the set, for example?

艾德:是的。比如说布景呢?

GEMMA: I think it was visually really stunning.

杰玛:我觉得它在视觉上真的很棒。

I'd say that was probably the most memorable thing about this production.

我认为这可能是这部作品中最令人难忘的一部分。

ED: You're right. The set design was really amazing, but actually I have seen similar ideas used in other productions.

艾德:你说得对。布景设计真的很棒,但实际上我在其他作品中也看到过类似的设计。

GEMMA: What about the lighting?

杰玛:灯光呢?

Some of the scenes were so dimly lit it was quite hard to see.

有些场景光线很暗,看起来十分费劲。

ED: I didn't dislike it.

艾德:我并不讨厌它。

It helped to change the mood of the quieter scenes.

这有助于改变安静场景的气氛。

GEMMA: That's a good point.

杰玛:这是一个很好的观点。

ED: What did you think of the costumes?

艾德:你觉得服装怎么样?

GEMMA: I was a bit surprised by the contemporary dress, I must say.

杰玛:我必须说,我对这其中的当代服装有点惊讶。

ED: Yeah – I think it worked well, but I had assumed it would be more conventional.

艾德:是的,我觉得效果不错,但我以为会更传统一些。

GEMMA: Me too. I liked the music at the beginning and I thought the musicians were brilliant, but I thought they were wasted because the music didn't have much impact in Acts 2 and 3.

杰玛:我也是。我喜欢开始时的音乐,我认为音乐家们很出色,但我认为他们没有被好好利用,因为音乐在第二幕和第三幕中没有发挥太大作用。

ED: Yes – that was a shame.

艾德:是的,那太可惜了。

GEMMA: One problem with this production was that the actors didn't deliver the lines that well.

杰玛:这部作品的一个问题是演员们台词说得没那么好。

They were speaking too fast.

他们说得太快了。

ED: It was a problem I agree, but I thought it was because they weren't speaking loudly enough – especially at key points in the play.

艾德:我同意这个问题。但我认为这是因为他们说话声音不够大,尤其是在关键场景中。

GEMMA: I actually didn't have a problem with that.

杰玛:事实上我当时没觉得这有什么不妥。

ED: It's been an interesting experience watching different versions of Romeo and Juliet, hasn't it?

埃德:观看不同版本的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是一次有趣的经历,不是吗?

GEMMA: Definitely. It's made me realise how relevant the play still is.

杰玛:当然。这让我意识到这出戏有多重要。

ED: Right. I mean a lot's changed since Shakespeare's time, but in many ways nothing's changed.

艾德:对。我的意思是,自莎士比亚时代以来,事情发生了很多变化,但在很多方面却都没有改变。

There are always disagreements and tension between teenagers and their parents.

青少年和父母之间总是有分歧和紧张。

GEMMA: Yes, that's something all young people can relate to – more than the violence and the extreme emotions in the play.

杰玛:是的,这是所有年轻人都能感受到的,比起戏剧中所传达的暴力和极端情绪,他们的感受还要更多。

ED: How did you find watching it in translation?

艾德:你觉得看翻译版怎么样?

GEMMA: Really interesting. I expected to find it more challenging, but I could follow the story pretty well.

杰玛:很有趣。我本以为这会更具挑战性,但我可以很好地理解这个故事。

ED: I stopped worrying about not being able to understand all the words and focused on the actors' expressions.

艾德:我不再担心听不懂所有的单词,而是专注于演员的表情。

The ending was pretty powerful.

结局非常震撼。

GEMMA: Yes. That somehow intensified the emotion for me.

杰玛:是的。这不知怎么地加剧了我的情绪。

ED: Did you know Shakespeare's been translated into more languages than any other writer?

埃德:你知道莎士比亚的作品被翻译成的语言比其他任何作家都多吗?

GEMMA: What's the reason for his international appeal, do you think?

杰玛:你觉得他在国际上有吸引力的原因是什么?

ED: I was reading that it's because his plays are about basic themes that people everywhere are familiar with.

艾德:我读到这是因为他的剧本都是关于世界各地人们都熟悉的基本主题。

GEMMA: Yeah, and they can also be understood on different levels.

杰玛:是的,人们可以在不同的层面对其作品进行理解。

The characters have such depth.

这些角色有如此深刻的内涵。

ED: Right – which allows directors to experiment and find new angles.

埃德:对。这可以让导演们大胆尝试,找到新的角度。

GEMMA: That's really important because …

杰玛:这真的很重要,因为……

下一题

剑17 undefined