首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 3 Part 1 Q1-10
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Advice on surfing holidays

Jack's advice
· Recommends surfing for 1  holidays in the summer
· Need to be quite 2 

Irish surfing locations
· County Clare
- Lahinch has some good quality 3  and surf schools
- There are famous cliffs nearby
· County Mayo
- Good surf school at 4  beach
- Surf camp lasts for one 5 
- Can also explore the local 6  by kayak

Weather
· Best month to go: 7 
· Average temperature in summer: approx. 8  degrees

Costs
· Equipment
- Wetsuit and surfboard: 9  euros per day
- Also advisable to hire 10  for warmth

WOMAN: Jack, I'm thinking of taking the kids to the seaside on a surfing holiday this summer and I wanted to ask your advice – as I know you're such an expert.

女:杰克,我想今年夏天带孩子们去海边冲浪度假,我想寻求你的建议,因为我知道你这方面的专家。

JACK: Well, I don't know about that, but yes, I've done a bit of surfing over the years.

杰克:嗯,也说不上专家,但是,这些年来我做了一些冲浪运动。

I'd thoroughly recommend it.

我非常推荐这项运动。

I think it's the kind of holiday all the family can enjoy together.

我认为这是一种全家都可以一起享受的度假活动。

The thing about surfing is that it's great for all ages and all abilities.

冲浪的好处在于,它适合所有年龄段和所有能力的人。

My youngest started when he was only three!

我最小的儿子三岁就开始了!

WOMAN: Wow! But it's quite physically demanding, isn't it?

女:哇!但这对身体要求很高,不是吗?

I've heard you need to be pretty fit.

我听说玩儿的人需要非常健康。

JACK: Yes. You'll certainly learn more quickly and won't tire as easily.

杰克:是的。你肯定会学得更快,也不会那么容易疲劳。

WOMAN: Well – that should be OK for us.

女:嗯,那对我们来说应该没问题。

You've been surfing a few times in Ireland, haven't you?

你在爱尔兰冲浪过几次,不是吗?

JACK: Yes. There's some great surfing there, which people don't always realise.

杰克:是的。那里有很棒的冲浪活动,但人们并不总是能认识到这一点。

WOMAN: And which locations would you recommend? – there seem to be quite a few.

女:你会推荐哪些地点?似乎有不少地方可去。

JACK: Yes, there are loads.

杰克:是的,有很多。

Last year we went to County Donegal.

去年我们去了多尼格尔县。

There are several great places to surf there.

那里有几个冲浪的好去处。

WOMAN: What about in County Clare?

女:克莱尔县怎么样?

I read that's also really good for surfing.

我读到那里也很适合冲浪。

JACK: Yes, it is. I've been there a few times.

杰克:是的。我去过几次。

Most people go to Lahinch.

大多数人去拉欣奇。

My kids love it there.

我的孩子们喜欢那里。

The waves aren't too challenging and the town is very lively.

那里海浪没有太大的挑战性。镇上非常热闹。

WOMAN: Are there good hotels there?

女:那里有好酒店吗?

JACK: Yes – some very nice ones and there are also a few basic hostels and campsites.

杰克:是的,有些非常不错,还有一些基本的旅馆和露营地。

It's great if you need lessons as the surf schools are excellent.

如果你需要课程就太好了,因为当地的冲浪学校很棒。

WOMAN: Sounds good.

女:听起来不错。

JACK: Yes and there's lots to see in the area – like those well-known cliffs – … I've forgotten the name of them …

杰克:是的,这个地区有很多可看的地方,比如那些著名的悬崖……我忘了它们的名字了……

WOMAN: Oh don't worry – I can look them up.

女:哦,别担心,我可以查一下。

JACK: I've also been surfing in County Mayo, which is less well-known for surfing, but we had a really good time.

杰克:我也在梅奥县冲浪,那里并不是知名的冲浪地点,但我们玩得很开心。

That was a few years ago when the kids were younger.

那是几年前孩子们还小的时候。

There's a good surf school at Carrowniskey beach.

在卡洛尼斯基海滩有一所很好的冲浪学校。

WOMAN: How do you spell that?

女:怎么拼写?

JACK: C-A-double R-O-W-N-I-S-K-E-Y

杰克:C-A-double R-O-W-N-I-S-K-E-Y

WOMAN: OK.

女:好的。

JACK: I put the kids into the surf camp they run during the summer for 10–16 year olds.

杰克:夏季时,我让孩子们参加了他们为10-16岁的孩子们举办的冲浪夏令营。

WOMAN: Oh right. How long was that for?

女:哦,这样。夏令营持续多长时间?

JACK: Three hours every day for a week.

杰克:为期一周,每天三小时。

It was perfect – they were so tired out after that.

那个夏令营太完美了。冲浪之后他们都很累了。

WOMAN: I can imagine.

女:肯定的。

JACK: One thing we did while the kids were surfing was to rent some kayaks to have a look around the bay which is nearby.

杰克:孩子们冲浪时,我们做了一件事,就是租了几艘皮划艇,去附近的海湾看看。

It's really beautiful.

真得很美。

WOMAN: Oh, I'd love to do that.

女:哦,我很乐意去看海。

Now the only time I went to Ireland it rained practically every day.

到现在我只去过爱尔兰一次,几乎每天都下雨。

JACK: Mmm yes – that can be a problem – but you can surf in the rain, you know.

杰克:嗯,是的,那可能是个问题,但你知道,你可以在雨中冲浪。

WOMAN: It doesn't have the same appeal, somehow.

女:不知怎么的,雨天冲浪没有那么有吸引力。

JACK: Well, the weather's been fine the last couple of years when I've been there, but actually, it tends to rain more in August than in the spring or autumn.

杰克:嗯,几年前我去那里的时候天气一直很好。但实际上,8月份的雨往往比春天或秋天多。

September's my favourite month because the water is warmer then.

九月是我最喜欢的月份,因为那时水比较暖和。

WOMAN: The only problem is that the kids are back to school then.

女:唯一的问题是孩子们那时已经回到学校了。

JACK: I know. But one good thing about Irish summers is that it doesn't get too hot.

杰克:我知道。但爱尔兰夏天有一个优点,那就是不会太热。

The average temperature is about 19 degrees and it usually doesn't go above 25 degrees.

平均温度约为19度,通常不会超过25度。

WOMAN: That sounds alright. Now what about costs?

女:听起来不错。那么花费呢?

JACK: Surfing is a pretty cheap holiday really – the only cost is the hire of equipment.

杰克:冲浪真的是一种相当便宜的假期方式,唯一的花费就是租用设备。

You can expect to pay a daily rate of about 30 euros for the hire of a wetsuit and board – but you can save about 40 euros if you hire by the week.

你可以预计每天支付约30欧元的费用来租用潜水衣和冲浪板,但如果你每周租用,你可以节省约40欧元。

WOMAN: That's not too bad.

女:还不错。

JACK: No. It's important to make sure you get good quality wetsuits – you'll all get too cold if you don't.

杰克:是的。重要的是要确保你有高质量的潜水衣。如果没有,会觉得太冷。

And make sure you also get boots.

还要确保你也有靴子。

They keep your feet warm and it's easier to surf with them on too.

它们能让你的脚保持温暖,而且穿着它们冲浪也更容易。

WOMAN: OK. Well, thanks very much …

女:好的。非常感谢……

下一题

剑17 undefined