JANE: The volunteers group also organises monthly social events, which is a great way to meet other people, of course.
简:志愿者组织还每月组织社交活动,当然了,这也是认识其他人的好方法。
FRANK: Uhuh.
弗兰克:嗯。
JANE: So next month, on the 19th of October, we're holding a quiz – a couple of residents are great at planning unusual ones, and we always fill the village hall.
简:所以下个月10月19日我们将举行一个问答比赛。一些居民非常擅长策划不寻常的问答比赛,到时村里大厅满满当当都是人。
FRANK: That sounds like fun.
弗兰克:听起来很有趣。
Can I do anything to help?
我能帮忙吗?
JANE: Well, because of the number of people, we need plenty of refreshments for halfway through.
简:嗯,因为人多,我们中途需要很多茶点。
So, if you could provide any, we'd be grateful.
因此,如果您能提供任何一些,我们将不胜感激。
FRANK: I'm sure I could. I'll think about what to make, and let you know.
弗兰克:我相信我可以。我要考虑做什么,然后告诉你。
JANE: Thank you. Then on November the 18th, we're holding a dance, also in the village hall.
简:谢谢。之后我们也在村里的大厅举行了一场舞会,在11月18日。
We've booked a band that specialises in music of the 1930s – they've been before, and we've had a lot of requests to bring them back.
我们已经预订了一个专门演奏20世纪30年代音乐的乐队,他们以前也有来过。我们收到很多村民的请求,希望他们能再来。
FRANK: I'm not really a dancer, but I'd like to do something to help.
弗兰克:我不擅长跳舞,但我想做点什么来帮忙。
JANE: Well, we sell tickets in advance, and having an extra person to check them at the door, as people arrive, would be good – it can be quite a bottleneck if everyone arrives at once!
简:嗯,我们提前售票,当人们到达时,最好还有一人在门口查票。如果每个人都同时到达,这可能是一个相当大的难题!
FRANK: OK, I'm happy with that.
弗兰克:好的,我很高兴能帮上忙。
JANE: We're also arranging a New Year's Eve party.
简:我们还安排了一个新年晚会。
We're expecting that to be a really big event, so instead of the village hall, it'll be held in the Mountfort Hotel.
我们预计这将是一个非常大的活动,所以它将在蒙特福特酒店举行,而不是在村大厅举行。
FRANK: The …?
弗兰克:什么酒店?
JANE: Mountfort. M-O-U-N-T-F-O-R-T Hotel.
简:蒙福特。拼写是M-O-U-N-T-F-O-R-T。
It isn't in Southoe itself, but it's only a couple of miles away.
它不在索索,但只有几英里远。
The hotel will be providing dinner and we've booked a band.
酒店将提供晚餐,我们已经预订了乐队。
The one thing we haven't got yet is a poster.
唯独缺了一张海报。
That isn't something you could do, by any chance, is it?
这不是您能做的吧,您会吗?
FRANK: Well actually, yes. Before I retired I was a graphic designer, so that's right up my street.
弗兰克:事实上,我能。退休前我是一名平面设计师,所以这就是我的职业。
JANE: Oh perfect! I'll give you the details, and then perhaps you could send me a draft …
简:哦,太好了!我会告诉你细节,然后也许你可以寄给我一份草稿……
FRANK: Of course.
弗兰克:当然。
下一题
剑17 undefined