首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑17 Test 2 Part 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-7
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.

 
Opportunities for voluntary work in Southoe village

Library
· Help with 1  books (times to be arranged)
· Help needed to keep 2  of books up to date
· Library is in the 3  Room in the village hall
Lunch club
· Help by providing 4 
· Help with hobbies such as 5 
Help for individuals needed next week
· Taking Mrs Carroll to 6 
· Work in the 7  at Mr Selsbury’s house
Questions 8-10
Complete the table below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.



8 
9 
10 

PART 1

JANE: Hello, Jane Fairbanks speaking.

简:你好,我是简·费尔班克斯。

FRANK: Oh, good morning. My name's Frank Pritchard. I've just retired and moved to Southoe.

弗兰克:哦,早上好。我叫弗兰克·普里查德。我刚刚退休,搬到了索索。

I'd like to become a volunteer, and I gather you co-ordinate voluntary work in the village.

我想成为一名志愿者,我了解到你们负责协调村里的志愿工作。

JANE: That's right.

简:没错。

FRANK: What sort of thing could I do?

弗兰克:我能做什么?

JANE: Well, we need help with the village library.

简:嗯,我们需要人来协助村庄中的图书馆。

We borrow books from the town library, and individuals also donate them.

我们从镇图书馆借书,也接受个人捐赠。

So, one thing you could do is get involved in collecting them – if you've got a car, that is.

所以,你可以做的一件事就是参与收书,如果你有车的话。

FRANK: Yes, that's no problem.

弗兰克:是的,我有。没问题。

JANE: The times are pretty flexible so we can arrange it to suit you.

简:时间很灵活,所以我们可以根据你的情况安排。

Another thing is the records that we keep of the books we're given, and those we borrow and need to return to the town library.

另一件事是我们会记录我们收到的书,借来的书和需要归还给镇上图书馆的书。

It would be very useful to have another person to help keep them up to date.

能有另一个人帮忙更新记录的话就太好了。

FRANK: Right. I'm used to working on a computer – I presume they're computerised?

弗兰克:明白。我习惯于用电脑工作——我猜这些记录是在电脑上操作的吧?

JANE: Oh yes.

简:哦,是的。

FRANK: Is the library purpose-built?

弗兰克:图书馆是专门建的吗?

I haven't noticed it when I've walked round the village.

我在村子里散步的时候都没有注意到它。

JANE: No, we simply have the use of a room in the village hall, the West Room.

简:不,我们只是使用村庄大厅里的一个房间,西边的房间。

It's on the left as you go in.

你进去的时候左手边就是。

FRANK: I must go and have a look inside the hall.

弗兰克:我得去大厅里看看。

JANE: Yes, it's a nice building.

简:是的,那是一栋漂亮的建筑。

FRANK: Do you run a lunch club in the village for elderly people?

弗兰克:你们为村里的老人开设午餐俱乐部吗?

I know a lot of places do.

我知道很多地方都有。

JANE: Yes, we have a very successful club.

简:是的,我们有一个俱乐部,经营得很好。

FRANK: I could help with transport, if that's of any use.

弗兰克:如果用得上的话,我能在运输上帮帮忙。

JANE: Ooo definitely. People come to the club from neighbouring villages, and we're always in need of more drivers.

简:哦,当然。人们会从邻近的村庄来到俱乐部,我们总是需要更多的司机。

FRANK: And does the club have groups that focus on a particular hobby, too?

弗兰克:俱乐部也有针对某一特定爱好的小组吗?

I could get involved in one or two, particularly if there are any art groups.

我可以参加一两个,特别是如果有艺术团体的话。

JANE: Excellent. I'll find out where we need help and get back to you.

简:太好了。我会看看哪里需要帮助,然后再联系你。

FRANK: Fine. What about help for individual residents.

弗兰克:好的。对个别居民的帮助呢?

Do you arrange that at all?

这里有安排吗?

JANE: Yes, we do it as a one-off. In fact, there's Mrs Carroll.

简:是的,我们提供一次性帮助。事实上,卡罗尔夫人需要帮助。

She needs a lift to the hospital next week, and we're struggling to find someone.

她下周需要搭便车去医院,我们正在努力找人。

FRANK: When's her appointment?

弗兰克:她的预约是什么时候?

JANE: On Tuesday. It would take the whole morning.

简:星期二。要花一上午的时间。

FRANK: I could do that.

弗兰克:我可以送她。

JANE: Oh, that would be great. Thank you.

简:哦,那太好了。非常感谢。

And also, next week, we're arranging to have some work done to Mr. Selsbury's house before he moves, as he isn't healthy enough to do it himself.

另外,我们计划下周在塞尔斯伯里先生搬家前整理一下他的房子,他身体不好,自己做不来。

We've got some people to decorate his kitchen, but if you could do some weeding in his garden, that would be wonderful.

我们要找人来装饰他的厨房。但如果你能给他的花园除草,那就太好了。

FRANK: OK. I'd enjoy that. And presumably the day and time are flexible.

弗兰克:好的。我很乐意。我猜日期和时间是灵活的吧。

JANE: Oh yes. Just say when would suit you best, and we'll let Mr. Selsbury know.

简:哦,是的。你只说你什么时间方便,我们再告诉塞尔斯伯里先生。

FRANK: Good.

弗兰克:很好。

JANE: The volunteers group also organises monthly social events, which is a great way to meet other people, of course.

简:志愿者组织还每月组织社交活动,当然了,这也是认识其他人的好方法。

FRANK: Uhuh.

弗兰克:嗯。

JANE: So next month, on the 19th of October, we're holding a quiz – a couple of residents are great at planning unusual ones, and we always fill the village hall.

简:所以下个月10月19日我们将举行一个问答比赛。一些居民非常擅长策划不寻常的问答比赛,到时村里大厅满满当当都是人。

FRANK: That sounds like fun.

弗兰克:听起来很有趣。

Can I do anything to help?

我能帮忙吗?

JANE: Well, because of the number of people, we need plenty of refreshments for halfway through.

简:嗯,因为人多,我们中途需要很多茶点。

So, if you could provide any, we'd be grateful.

因此,如果您能提供任何一些,我们将不胜感激。

FRANK: I'm sure I could. I'll think about what to make, and let you know.

弗兰克:我相信我可以。我要考虑做什么,然后告诉你。

JANE: Thank you. Then on November the 18th, we're holding a dance, also in the village hall.

简:谢谢。之后我们也在村里的大厅举行了一场舞会,在11月18日。

We've booked a band that specialises in music of the 1930s – they've been before, and we've had a lot of requests to bring them back.

我们已经预订了一个专门演奏20世纪30年代音乐的乐队,他们以前也有来过。我们收到很多村民的请求,希望他们能再来。

FRANK: I'm not really a dancer, but I'd like to do something to help.

弗兰克:我不擅长跳舞,但我想做点什么来帮忙。

JANE: Well, we sell tickets in advance, and having an extra person to check them at the door, as people arrive, would be good – it can be quite a bottleneck if everyone arrives at once!

简:嗯,我们提前售票,当人们到达时,最好还有一人在门口查票。如果每个人都同时到达,这可能是一个相当大的难题!

FRANK: OK, I'm happy with that.

弗兰克:好的,我很高兴能帮上忙。

JANE: We're also arranging a New Year's Eve party.

简:我们还安排了一个新年晚会。

We're expecting that to be a really big event, so instead of the village hall, it'll be held in the Mountfort Hotel.

我们预计这将是一个非常大的活动,所以它将在蒙特福特酒店举行,而不是在村大厅举行。

FRANK: The …?

弗兰克:什么酒店?

JANE: Mountfort. M-O-U-N-T-F-O-R-T Hotel.

简:蒙福特。拼写是M-O-U-N-T-F-O-R-T。

It isn't in Southoe itself, but it's only a couple of miles away.

它不在索索,但只有几英里远。

The hotel will be providing dinner and we've booked a band.

酒店将提供晚餐,我们已经预订了乐队。

The one thing we haven't got yet is a poster.

唯独缺了一张海报。

That isn't something you could do, by any chance, is it?

这不是您能做的吧,您会吗?

FRANK: Well actually, yes. Before I retired I was a graphic designer, so that's right up my street.

弗兰克:事实上,我能。退休前我是一名平面设计师,所以这就是我的职业。

JANE: Oh perfect! I'll give you the details, and then perhaps you could send me a draft …

简:哦,太好了!我会告诉你细节,然后也许你可以寄给我一份草稿……

FRANK: Of course.

弗兰克:当然。

上一题

剑17 Test 1 Part 4

下一题

剑17 Test 2 Part 2