A
The results were what he had predicted.
B
The experiment was simple to set up.
C
A large sample of people was tested.
D
The subjects were unaware of what they were drinking.
E
The test was repeated several times for each person.
ADAM: OK Rosie, shall we try to get some ideas together for our presentation on diet and obesity?
亚当:好啦,罗西。我们要不要为我们关于饮食和肥胖的演讲提一些想法?
ROSIE: Sure.
罗西:好呀。
ADAM: I can talk about the experiment I did to see if people can tell the difference between real sugar and artificial sweeteners.
亚当:我可以谈谈我做过的实验,看看人们是否能分辨出真糖和人造甜味剂。
ROSIE: Where you gave people drinks with either sugar or artificial sweeteners and they had to say which they thought it was?
罗西:你把含糖或者含人造甜味剂的饮料给实验对象,然后让他们说出他们的判断?
ADAM: Yeah. It took me ages to decide exactly how I'd organise it, especially how I could make sure that people didn't know which drink I was giving them.
亚当:是啊。我花了很长时间才决定该如何组织实验,尤其是如何确保人们不知道我给他们喝的是哪种饮料。
It was hard to keep track of it all, especially as I had so many people doing it – I had to make sure I kept a proper record of what each person had had.
记录全部信息很难,尤其是当时的实验对象特别多。我必须确保我正确记下了给每个人提供的饮料。
ROSIE: So could most people tell the difference?
罗西:那大部分人能说出差别吗?
ADAM: Yeah – I hadn't thought they would be able to, but most people could.
亚当:是的。我从没想过大家都能做到,但是大部分人都可以。
ROSIE: Then there's that experiment I did measuring the fat content of nuts, to see if the nutritional information given on the packet was accurate.
罗西:然后我做了一个实验来测量坚果的脂肪含量,看看包装上给出的营养信息是否准确。
ADAM: The one where you ground up the nuts and mixed them with a chemical to absorb the fat?
亚当:你把坚果磨碎,然后和化学物质混合以吸收脂肪的那个?
ROSIE: Yes. My results were a bit problematic – the fat content for that type of nut seemed much lower than it said on the package.
罗西:对。我的结果有点问题。这种坚果的脂肪含量似乎比包装上说的要低得多。
But I reckon the package information was right.
但我认为包裹信息是对的。
I think I should probably have ground up the nuts more than I did.
我想我应该把坚果磨得更碎些。
It's possible that the scales for weighing the fat weren't accurate enough, too.
有可能称脂肪的秤也不够精确。
I'd really like to try the experiment again some time.
我真的很想改天再做一次实验。
下一题
剑16 undefined