首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑16 Test 4 Part 1 Q1-10
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
 
Holiday rental

Owners' names: Jack Fitzgerald and Shirley Fitzgerald

Granary Cottage
· available for week beginning 1  May
· cost for the week: 2 £ 

3   Cottage
· cost for the week: £480
· building was originally a 4 
· walk through doors from living room into a 5 
· several 6  spaces at the front
· bathroom has a shower
· central heating and stove that burns 7 
· views of old 8  from living room
· view of hilltop 9  from the bedroom

Payment
•     deposit: £144
•     deadline for final payment: end of 10 

SHIRLEY: Hello?

雪莉:您好?

TOM: Oh hello. I was hoping to speak to Jack Fitzgerald about renting a cottage.

汤姆:哦,您好。我想要找下杰克·菲茨杰拉德聊一下关于租赁木屋的事情。

SHIRLEY: I'm his wife, Shirley, and we own the cottages together, so I'm sure I can help you.

雪莉:我是他的妻子,雪莉。我们都是木屋的主人,所以我很确定我也能帮到您。

TOM: Great. My name's Tom.

汤姆:太好了,我是汤姆。

Some friends of ours rented Granary Cottage from you last year, and they thought it was great.

去年我们的一些朋友从您那里租到了格拉纳里木屋,他们都觉得房子很棒。

So my wife and I are hoping to come in May for a week.

所以我和我妻子都想要在五月的时候去住一个礼拜。

SHIRLEY: What date did you have in mind?

雪莉:您想要租房的日期是?

TOM: The week beginning the 14th, if possible.

汤姆:如果可以的话,14号开始,一周时间。

SHIRLEY: I'll just check … I'm sorry, Tom, it's already booked that week.

雪莉:我来确认一下。不好意思,汤姆。那一周已经被预定了。

It's free the week beginning the 28th, though, for seven nights.

但是,28号开始那一周是空的,一共7晚。

In fact, that's the only time you could have it in May.

事实上,这是你能订到的5月的唯一的时间了。

TOM: Oh. Well, we could manage that, I think.

汤姆:哦,好吧。我想我们可以想办法对上时间。

We'd just need to change a couple of things.

我们只是需要调整一些事情的安排。

How much would it cost?

具体费用是多少?

SHIRLEY: That's the beginning of high season, so it'd be £550 for the week.

雪莉:这个时间正是旺季开始的时候,所以一周的价格是550镑。

TOM: Ah. That's a bit more than we wanted to pay, I'm afraid.

汤姆:哦,恐怕这比我们预想的价格高了一些。

We've budgeted up to£500 for accommodation.

我们对住宿的最高预算是500英镑。

SHIRLEY: Well, we've just finished converting another building into a cottage, which we're calling Chervil Cottage.

雪莉:嗯,我们的另一栋房子刚刚被改造成了木屋,名字叫做雪维木屋。

TOM: Sorry? What was that again?

汤姆:不好意思,叫什么名字?

SHIRLEY: Chervil. C-H-E-R-V for Victor I-L.

雪莉:雪维。拼写是C-H-E-R-V,Victor的V,I-L。

TOM: Oh, that's a herb, isn't it?

汤姆:哦,这是一种香草的名字,不是吗?

SHIRLEY: That's right. It grows fairly wild around here.

雪莉:是的,雪维菜在这里长势疯狂。

You could have that for the week you want for £480.

同样的一周您预定的话价格是480英镑。

TOM: OK. So could you tell me something about it, please?

汤姆:明白了。可以麻烦您告诉我一些关于它的信息吗?

SHIRLEY: Of course. The building was built as a garage.

雪莉:当然了。这个房子一开始建造的时候是车库。

It's a little smaller than Granary Cottage.

比格拉纳里木屋小一点儿。

TOM: So that must sleep two people, as well?

汤姆:那它应该也是能睡两个人是吗?

SHIRLEY: That's right. There's a double bedroom.

雪莉:对的,有一个双人间。

TOM: Does it have a garden?

汤姆:房子有花园吗?

SHIRLEY: Yes, you get to it from the living room through French doors, and we provide two deckchairs.

雪莉:是的,从客厅穿过落地玻璃门就是了。我们提供两把帆布躺椅。

We hope to build a patio in the near future, but I wouldn't like to guarantee it'll be finished by May.

我们希望能够未来在这里建一个露台,但是我不能保证能够在五月完工。

TOM: OK.

汤姆:好的。

SHIRLEY: The front door opens onto the old farmyard, and parking isn't a problem – there's plenty of room at the front for that.

雪莉:木屋的前门对着的是一个旧农场。停车不是问题,正门前有充裕的停车空间。

There are some trees and potted plants there.

门前还有几棵树和盆栽。

TOM: What about facilities in the cottage?

汤姆:木屋里都有哪些设施?

It has standard things like a cooker and fridge, I presume.

我想应该有标准的配套设施吧,比如炉灶和冰箱。

SHIRLEY: In the kitchen area there's a fridge-freezer and we've just put in an electric cooker.

雪莉:厨房里有一个冰箱,我们不久前刚放置了电炉。

TOM: Is there a washing machine?

汤姆:有洗衣机吗?

SHIRLEY: Yes. There's also a TV in the living room, which plays DVDs too.

雪莉:有的。客厅里还有一台电视,可以播放光盘。

The bathroom is too small for a bath, so there's a shower instead.

浴室太小不能泡澡,所以换成了淋浴。

I think a lot of people prefer that nowadays, anyway.

无论如何,我想现在许多人都喜欢淋浴。

TOM: It's more environmentally friendly, isn't it?

汤姆:这样更环保,不是吗?

Unless you spend half the day in it!

除非你在里面洗上半天。

SHIRLEY: Exactly.

雪莉:说得对。

TOM: What about heating?

汤姆:暖气怎么样?

It sometimes gets quite cool at that time of year.

那个时候有时会非常冷。

SHIRLEY: There's central heating, and if you want to light a fire, there's a stove.

雪莉:有集中采暖。如果你想要点火也可以,有炉子。

We can provide all the wood you need for it.

我们能提供点火需要的木柴。

It smells so much nicer than coal, and it makes the room very cosy – we've got one in our own house.

和煤炭相比,木柴的味道更好闻,整个房间会变得非常令人舒服。我们刚给自己的房子也安装了一个。

TOM: That sounds very pleasant.

汤姆:听起来太棒了。

Perhaps we should come in the winter, to make the most of it!

也许我们应该冬天来,最大程度地用炉子取暖。

SHIRLEY: Yes, we find we don't want to go out when we've got the fire burning.

雪莉:是的。我们发现炉子烧着的时候我们都不想出屋。

There are some attractive views from the cottage, which I haven't mentioned.

刚刚我还没有提到从木屋里可以看到的迷人的景色。

There's a famous stone bridge – it's one of the oldest in the region, and you can see it from the living room.

在客厅里望出去可以看到那里有一座著名的石桥,是这个地区最古老的桥梁之一。

It isn't far away.

距离并不远。

The bedroom window looks in the opposite direction, and has a lovely view of the hills and the monument at the top.

卧室的窗户朝向另一个方向,能够看到美妙的小山和山顶的纪念碑。

TOM: Well, that all sounds perfect.

汤姆:了解了,听起来很完美。

I'd like to book it, please.

麻烦帮我预订这间。

Would you want a deposit?

需要支付押金吗?

SHIRLEY: Yes, we ask for thirty percent to secure your booking, so that'll be, um, £144.

雪莉:是的,我们需要30%的费用来保证您预定成功。那就是,嗯,144英镑。

TOM: And when would you like the rest of the money?

汤姆:剩余费用什么时候给您?

SHIRLEY: You're coming in May, so the last day of March, please.

雪莉:您五月份要来,那请在3月31日支付。

TOM: Fine.

汤姆:好的。

SHIRLEY: Excellent. Could I just take your details …

雪莉:太好了,我来登记下您的详细信息… …

下一题

剑16 undefined