PART 1
JAKE: Hello, Junior Cycle camp, Jake speaking.
杰克:您好,这里是青少年骑行度假营,我是杰克。
WOMAN: Hi. I'm calling for some information about the cycle camp – I'm thinking of sending my son.
女士:你好。我打电话是想要了解一些关于骑行度假营的信息。我在考虑给我儿子报名。
JAKE: Great. Well, it's held every weekday morning over the summer vacation and we focus on basic cycling skills and safety.
杰克:好的。暑假期间每个工作日早上都有活动,旨在教授基础的骑行技巧和安全知识。
We have eight levels for children from three years upwards.
我们为三岁以上的孩子设立了八个不同的级别。
How old's your son?
您儿子几岁了?
WOMAN: Charlie? He's seven.
女士:查理?他七岁。
He can ride a bike, but he needs a little more training before he's safe to go on the road.
他会骑自行车但是安全上路之前还需要更多一些的训练。
JAKE: He'd probably be best in Level 5.
杰克:可能5级对他来说最合适。
They start off practising on the site here, and we aim to get them riding on the road, but first they're taken to ride in the park, away from the traffic.
孩子们在这里的营地开始训练,而且我们的目标是让他们能够在道路上骑行。但是一开始他们会远离车辆,被引领到公园骑行。
WOMAN: Right. And can you tell me a bit about the instructors?
女士:好的。你能给我介绍一下教练员吗?
JAKE: Well, all our staff wear different coloured shirts.
杰克:好的。度假营的全体员工穿着不同颜色的衬衫。
So, we have three supervisors, and they have red shirts.
我们有三名监察员,他们穿红色衬衫。
They support the instructors, and they also stand in for me if I'm not around.
他们为教练员提供支持,我不在的时候也会代替我完成工作。
Then the instructors themselves are in blue shirts, and one of these is responsible for each class.
还有教练员穿的是蓝色衬衫,每个人负责一个班级。
WOMAN: OK.
女士:了解了。
JAKE: In order to be accepted, all our instructors have to submit a reference from someone who's seen them work with children – like if they've worked as a babysitter, for example.
杰克:为了能够被录取,我们的教练员必须提供见证人的推荐信,见证人看过他们从事和儿童的相关工作,比如曾做过临时保姆。
Then they have to complete our training course, including how to do lesson plans, and generally care for the well-being of the kids in their class.
另外,他们需要完成我们的培训课程,内容包括如何完成课程计划,还有照顾班级中的儿童的身体健康。
They do a great job, I have to say.
我必须要说他们都做得很好。
WOMAN: Right. And tell me a bit about the classes.
女士:好的。告诉我一些关于班级的信息吧。
What size will Charlie's class be?
查理的班级是什么班型?
JAKE: We have a limit of eight children in each class, so their instructor really gets to know them well.
杰克:每个班级的人数限制是8人,这样教练员能够真正地了解他们。
They're out riding most of the time but they have quiet times too, where their instructor might tell them a story that's got something to do with cycling, or get them to play a game together. It's a lot of fun.
大部分时间他们都在户外骑行,但是也会有静下来的时间。这时教练员给他们讲一些有关骑行的故事或者带他们一起玩游戏。十分有趣。
WOMAN: It must be.
女士:肯定的。
Now, what happens if there's rain?
如果下雨了做什么?
Do the classes still run?
课程还会继续吗?
JAKE: Oh yes. We don't let that put us off – we just put on our waterproofs and keep cycling.
杰克:是的,我们不会因此耽搁。孩子们会穿上防水衣继续骑行。
WOMAN: And is there anything special Charlie should bring along with him?
女士:查理需要带什么特定物品吗?
JAKE: Well, maybe some spare clothes, especially if the weather's not so good.
杰克:嗯,也许要带备用的衣服,特别在天气不好的时候。
And a snack for break time.
还要带上休息时候要吃的小食。
WOMAN: How about a drink?
女士:饮料呢?
JAKE: No, we'll provide that.
杰克:这个不用,我们提供。
And make sure he has shoes, not sandals.
还有确保他穿得是普通鞋子,别穿凉鞋。
WOMAN: Sure. And just at present Charlie has to take medication every few hours, so I'll make sure he has that.
女士:明白了。目前查理几小时就要吃一次药,所以我要确保他能按时吃药。
JAKE: Absolutely. Just give us details of when he has to take it and we'll make sure he does.
杰克:肯定的。只要把他需要吃的药的具体说明给我们就好了,我们会确保他按时吃药。
WOMAN: Thanks.
女士:谢谢你。
JAKE: Now, there are a few things you should know about Day 1 of the camp.
杰克:现在聊的是您需要了解的度假营第一天的活动。
The classes normally start at 9.30 every morning, but on Day 1 you should aim to get Charlie here by 9.20.
一般来说,课程每天早上9:30开始,但是第一天您应该9:20之前把查理送来。
The finishing time will be 12.30 as usual.
和平时一样,活动在12:30结束。
We need the additional time because there are a few extra things to do.
我们需要的时间多一些因为有几件额外的事情要做。
The most important is that we have a very careful check to make sure that every child's helmet fits properly.
最重要的是我们会非常仔细地检查,确保每个孩子的头盔的大小都合适。
If it doesn't fit, we'll try to adjust it, or we'll find him another one – but he must wear it all the time he's on the bike.
如果不合适,我们会尽量进行调整,或者我们会拿另一顶过来。但是孩子骑车的时候必须要带头盔。
WOMAN: Of course.
女士:当然了。
JAKE: Then after that, all the instructors will be waiting to meet their classes, and they'll meet up in the tent – you can't miss it.
杰克:接下来,所有的教练员会在帐篷中等待,等着和班级见面。你肯定能找到帐篷的位置。
And each instructor will take their class away and get started.
接着教练员把班级带走,开始骑行。
WOMAN: OK. Well that all sounds good.
女士:明白,听起来很好。
Now can you tell me how much the camp costs a week?
现在可以麻烦你告诉我度假营每周的费用是多少吗?
JAKE: One hundred ninety-nine dollars.
杰克:199美元。
We've managed to keep the price more or less the same as last year – it was one hundred ninety then.
我们已经尽力保证今年的价格和去年基本一致,之前是190美元。
But the places are filling up quite quickly.
但是名额很快就报满了。
WOMAN: Right. OK, well I'd like to book for …
女士:好的,我想要订… …
上一题
剑16 Test 2 Part 4下一题
剑16 Test 3 Part 2