首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑16 Test 1 Part 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters, A–E.


Which TWO parts of the introductory stage to their art projects do Jess and Tom agree were useful?

A

the Bird Park visit

B

the workshop sessions

C

the Natural History Museum visit

D

the projects done in previous years

E

the handouts with research sources

Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A–E.


In which TWO ways do both Jess and Tom decide to change their proposals?

A

by giving a rationale for their action plans

B

by being less specific about the outcome

C

by adding a video diary presentation

D

by providing a timeline and a mind map

E

by making their notes more evaluative

Questions 25–30
Which personal meaning do the students decide to give to each of the following pictures?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A–H, next to Questions 25–30.

Personal meanings
A a childhood memory
B hope for the future
C fast movement
D a potential threat
E the power of colour
F the continuity of life
G protection of nature
H a confused attitude to nature

Pictures
25 Falcon (Landseer)  
26 Fish hawk (Audubon)  
27 Kingfisher (van Gogh)  
28 Portrait of William Wells  
29 Vairumati (Gauguin)  
30 Portrait of Giovanni de Medici  

PART 3

JESS: How are you getting on with your art project, Tom?

杰斯:汤姆,你的艺术项目做得怎么样了?

TOM: OK. Like, they gave us the theme of birds to base our project on, and I'm not really all that interested in wildlife.

汤姆:嗯,我们的项目的指定主题是鸟,我却对野生动物不是很感兴趣。

But I'm starting to get into it.

但是我开始喜欢这个主题了。

I've pretty well finished the introductory stage.

我的引入阶段已经很好地完成了。

JESS: So have I.

杰斯:我也是。

When they gave us all those handouts with details of books and websites to look at, I was really put off, but the more I read, the more interested I got.

当拿到那些介绍书目和网站细节的讲义的时候,我真心是拒绝的。但是当我读得越多,我却越感兴趣了。

TOM: Me too. I found I could research so many different aspects of birds in art – colour, movement, texture.

汤姆:我也一样。我发现我能从艺术的角度做很多不同的关于鸟的研究——颜色,动作和纹理。

So I was looking forward to the Bird Park visit.

所以我本来期待着去飞鸟公园参观。

JESS: What a letdown!

杰斯:太让人失望了。

It poured with rain and we hardly saw a single bird.

那天下着瓢泼大雨,我们一只鸟都没看见。

Much less use than the trip to the Natural History Museum.

这次参观还不如去自然历史博物馆呢。

TOM: Yeah. I liked all the stuff about evolution there.

汤姆:是的,我喜欢博物馆里关于进化论的展示。

The workshop sessions with Dr Fletcher were good too, especially the brainstorming sessions.

与弗莱彻博士的研讨会也很好,特别是头脑风暴环节。

JESS: I missed those because I was ill.

杰斯:我生病了所以没去成。

I wish we could've seen the projects last year's students did.

要是我们能看看去年的学生完成的项目就好了。

TOM: Mm. I suppose they want us to do our own thing, not copy.

汤姆:嗯。我想老师们是想要我们做自己的,而不是去模仿。

JESS: Have you drafted your proposal yet?

杰斯:你的开题报告的稿子写好了吗?

TOM: Yes, but I haven't handed it in.

汤姆:是的,但是还没有提交。

I need to amend some parts.

有一些部分需要修改。

I've realised the notes from my research are almost all just descriptions.

我发现我研究中的笔记几乎都是描述。

I haven't actually evaluated anything. So I'll have to fix that.

我从未给出真正的评价,所以我打算修改这部分。

JESS: Oh, I didn't know we had to do that.

杰斯:哦。我都不知道还需要做这个。

I'll have to look at that too.

我也得去检查一下。

Did you do a timeline for the project?

你给项目做时间轴了吗?

TOM: Yes, and a mind map.

汤姆:是的,还做了一个脑图。

JESS: Yeah, so did I. I quite enjoyed that.

杰斯:我也做了。还挺享受这个过程的。

But it was hard having to explain the basis for my decisions in my action plan.

但是在行动计划中解释我的决定依据是件难事儿。

TOM: What?

汤姆:什么意思。

JESS: You know, give a rationale.

杰斯:你懂的,展示基本原理。

TOM: I didn't realise we had to do that.

汤姆:我都不知道我们还需要做那个。

OK, I can add it now.

好吧,我现在加上。

And I've done the video diary presentation, and worked out what I want my outcome to be in the project.

我已经做好了视频日志展示,也制定出了项目的预期结果。

JESS: Someone told me it's best not to be too precise about your actual outcome at this stage, so you have more scope to explore your ideas later on.

杰斯:有人告诉我最好不要非常精确地描述这一阶段的实际结果,这样你会有更多的余地在后期探索你的观点。

So I'm going to go back to my proposal to make it a bit more vague.

所以我打算回到开题报告中把这部分弄得模糊一些。

TOM: Really? OK, I'll change that too then.

汤姆:真的吗?我等下也要去改。

TOM: One part of the project I'm unsure about is where we choose some paintings of birds and say what they mean to us.

汤姆:关于这个项目,我不太确定的是我们从哪里选择关于鸟的画作然后解释它们对我们的意义。

Like, I chose a painting of a falcon by Landseer.

比如,我选择了兰西尔的一幅猎鹰图。

I like it because the bird's standing there with his head turned to one side, but he seems to be staring straight at you.

我喜欢这只鸟,因为它站在那里,头转向一边,但它似乎正盯着你。

But I can' t just say it's a bit scary, can I?

但我不能只是说这有点吓人,对吧?

JESS: You could talk about the possible danger suggested by the bird's look.

杰斯:你可以聊一下这只鸟的神情暗示着可能出现的危机。

TOM: Oh, OK.

汤姆:哦,好的。

JESS: There's a picture of a fish hawk by Audubon I like.

杰斯:我喜欢的是奥杜邦的一幅鱼鹰图。

It's swooping over the water with a fish in its talons, and with great black wings which take up most of the picture.

它用爪子抓着一条鱼俯冲在水面上,巨大的黑色翅膀占据了大部分画面。

TOM: So you could discuss it in relation to predators and food chains?

汤姆:所以你可以从捕食者和食物链的关系来分析这幅图?

JESS: Well actually I think I'll concentrate on the impression of rapid motion it gives.

杰斯:实际上我觉得我会集中于对于鱼鹰的快速移动的印象。

TOM: Right.

汤姆:明白了。

JESS: Do you know that picture of a kingfisher by van Gogh – it's perching on a reed growing near stream.

杰斯:你知道梵高的那张翠鸟图吗?它栖息在小溪边生长的芦苇上。

TOM: Yes it's got these beautiful blue and red and black shades.

汤姆:是的,图中有漂亮的蓝色,红色和黑色。

JESS: Mm hm. I've actually chosen it because I saw a real kingfisher once when I was little, I was out walking with my grandfather, and I've never forgotten it.

杰斯:嗯,我之所以选择它,是因为我小时候见过一只真正的翠鸟,当时我和爷爷一起出去散步,我从来没有忘记过。

TOM: So we can use a personal link?

汤姆:所以我们可以写画和个人的联系?

JESS: Sure.

杰斯:没错。

TOM: OK. There's a portrait called William Wells, I can't remember the artist but it's a middle-aged man who's just shot a bird.

汤姆:好了。有一幅肖像画叫《威廉·威尔斯》,我不记得画家了,但画的是一个刚刚射杀了一只鸟的中年人。

And his expression, and the way he's holding the bird in his hand suggests he's not sure about what he's done.

他的表情和他手里拿着鸟的样子都显示出他不确定自己刚刚做了什么。

To me it's about how ambiguous people are in the way they exploit the natural world.

对我而言,这幅画展示的是人类对于开发自然世界的方式的模糊性。

JESS: Interesting.There's Gauguin's picture Vairumati.

杰斯:挺有意思的。还有一幅是高更的《薇玛蒂》。

He did it in Tahiti.

这幅画创造于大溪地。

It's a woman with a white bird behind her that is eating a lizard, and what I'm interested in is what idea this bird refers to.

画中一个女人的背后有一只正在捕食蜥蜴的白鸟。我好奇的是这只鸟代表的含义。

Apparently, it's a reference to the never-ending cycle of existence.

很明显,这里指的是永无止境的生命的循环。

TOM: Wow. I chose a portrait of a little boy, Giovanni de Medici.

汤姆:哇哦。我选了乔凡尼·德·美第奇画的一个小男孩的肖像画。

He's holding a tiny bird in one fist.

他把一只小鸟握在手里。

I like the way he's holding it carefully so he doesn't hurt it.

我喜欢他小心拿着它的样子,这样他就不会伤害它了。

JESS: Ah right.

杰斯:明白了。

上一题

剑16 Test 1 Part 2

下一题

剑16 Test 1 Part 4