首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑12 Test 7 Section 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-26
Complete the flow-chart below.
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 21-26.


21  
22  
23  
24  
25  
26  
Questions 27-30
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.

The Horton Castle site
27 Natalie and Dave agree one reason why so few people visit Horton Castle is that

A

the publicity is poor.

B

it is difficult to get to.

C

there is little there of interest.

28 Natalie and Dave agree that the greatest problem with a visitor centre could be

A

covering the investment costs.

B

finding a big enough space for it.

C

dealing with planning restrictions.

29 What does Dave say about conditions in the town of Horton?

A

There is a lot of unemployment.

B

There are few people of working age.

C

There are opportunities for skilled workers.

30 According to Natalie, one way to prevent damage to the castle site would be to

A

insist visitors have a guide.

B

make visitors keep to the paths.

C

limit visitor numbers.

SECTION 3

NATALIE: Dave, I'm worried about our case study.

娜塔莉:戴夫, 我担心我们的案例研究。

I've done a bit of reading, but I'm not sure what's involved in actually writing a case study - I missed the lecture where Dr Baker talked us through it.

我读过一些文章,但我不清楚怎么写一篇案例研究——我好怀念贝克博士课上讲过的内容。

DAVE: OK, well it's quite straightforward.

戴夫: 好吧,其实很明了了。

We've got our focus - that's tourism at the Horton Castle site.

我们已经知道重点是什么了——就是关于霍顿城堡的旅游。

And you said you'd done some reading about it.

而且你说过你已经阅读了相关的一些资料。

NATALIE: Yes, I found some articles and made notes of the main points.

娜塔莉:是的,我找到了相关的一些文章,而且做了一些笔记。

DAVE: Did you remember to keep a record of where you got the information from?

戴夫: 你有记得记录你的信息出处吗?

NATALIE: Sure. I know what a pain it is when you forget that.

娜塔莉:当然了。我深知忘记记录出处的痛苦了。

DAVE: OK, so we can compare what we've read.

戴夫:好的。那我们就可以比较一下我们阅读过的文章了。

Then we have to decide on a particular problem or need at our site.

然后就可以决定这个景点的问题和需要所在。

And then think about who we're going to interview to get more information.

最后决定由谁去采访更多的信息。

NATALIE: OK. So who'd that be?

娜塔莉:好的。那是谁呢?

The people who work there?

在那里上班的人?

And presumably some of the tourists too?

还是游客?

DAVE: Yes, both those groups.

戴夫:是的,两组都是。

So we'll have to go to the site to do that, I suppose.

所以我猜想我们要到那里去。

But we might also do some of our interviewing away from the site - we could even contact some people here in the city, like administrators involved in overseeing tourism.

但我们可能也需要在其他地方进行采访——我们甚至还可以联系这个城市里的人,比如负责旅游业的官员。

NATALIE: OK. So we'll need to think about our interview questions and fix times and places for the meetings.

娜塔莉:好的。那我们就需要思考一下采访的问题以及会面的时间和地点。

It's all going to take a lot of time.

这都需要花费很长时间

DAVE: Mmm. And if we can, we should ask our interviewees if they can bring along some numerical data that we can add to support our findings.

戴夫: 嗯。并且如果可以的话,我们可以问问受访者是否可以带一些数据来,这样我们就可以把它添加进报告中了。

NATALIE: And photographs?

娜塔莉:照片呢?

DAVE: I think we have plenty of those already.

戴夫:我觉得照片已经足够了。

But Dr Baker also said we have to establish with our interviewees whether we can identify them in our case study or whether they want to be anonymous.

但是贝克博士也提到我们必须和受访者沟通好,关于他们是否愿意在案例研究中出现,还是说希望以匿名的形式。

NATALIE: Oh, I wouldn't have thought of that.

娜塔莉:哦,这个我倒没想到。

OK, once we've got all this information, I suppose we have to analyse it.

一旦我们得到了信息,我想我们就要去分析一下了。

DAVE: Yes, put it all together and choose what's relevant to the problem we're focusing on, and analyse that carefully to find out if we can identify any trends or regularities there.

戴夫:是的,把所有信息都放到一起,然后选出和我们研究问题相关的信息,并且仔细分析出我们是否可以找到任何的趋势和规律。

That's the main thing at this stage, rather than concentrating on details or lots of facts.

这才是这个阶段的主要事情,并非关注一些细节和事实。

NATALIE: OK. And then once we've analysed that, what next?

娜塔莉:好的。那我们分析之后,接下来干什么?

DAVE: Well, then we need to think about what we do with the data we've selected to make it as clear as possible to our readers.

戴夫: 然后我们要考虑如何让我们选择的数据让读者尽可能的看的清楚。

Things like graphs, or tables, or charts …

比如说用一些图表,表格等等……

NATALIE: Right.

娜塔莉:对的。

DAVE: Then the case study itself is mostly quite standard; we begin by presenting the problem, and giving some background, then go through the main sections, but the thing that surprised me is that in a normal report we'd end with some suggestions to deal with the problem or need we identified, but in a case study we end up with a question or a series of questions to our readers and they decide what ought to be done.

戴夫: 这个案例研究本身是非常标准化的。我们通过提出问题开始,然后给一些背景知识,接着来到主要部分,但让我感到惊讶的是在寻常的报告中,都是以提出解决问题的建议来结束,但是在案例研究中,我们以向大家提出问题结束,然后由他们来决定应该做什么。

NATALIE: Oh I hadn't realised that.

娜塔莉:这个我还没意识到。

NATALIE: So basically, the problem we're addressing in our case study of the Horton Castle site is why so few tourists are visiting it.

娜塔莉:因此,从本质上来说,我们需要在案例研究中着重关注的是为什么这么少的游客来霍顿城堡。

And we'll find out more from our interviews, but I did find one report on the internet that suggested that one reason might be because as far as transport goes, access is difficult.

而且我们应该更多的从受访者中找到问题。但是我看到一篇网上的报告,提到主要的一个原因就是交通不够方便。

DAVE: I read that too, but that report was actually written ten years ago, when the road there was really bad, but that's been improved now.

戴夫:我也读过这篇报告,但这是十年前写的,当时路况非常差,但现在已经修好了。

And I think there's plenty of fascinating stuff there for a really good day out, but you'd never realise it from the castle website - maybe that's the problem.

并且我认为那里有许多迷人的东西值得游玩,从网站上压根就看不出什么东西——也许这才是问题所在。

NATALIE: Yes, it's really dry and boring.

娜塔莉:是的,特别枯燥乏味。

DAVE: I read somewhere a suggestion that what the castle needs is a visitor centre.

戴夫:我看过一个提议说这个城堡需要的是一个游客中心。

So we could have a look for some information about that on the internet.

这样我们就可以在网上关注一些信息。

What would we need to know?

我们需要了解什么呢?

NATALIE: Well, who'd use it for a start.

娜塔莉:先从谁使用它开始。

It'd be good to know what categories the visitors fell into too, like school parties or retired people, but I think we'd have to talk to staff to get that information .

这样就可以了解参观者的类别,比如是学校人员还是退休人员。但是我想我们需要和员工交流一下才可以知道这些信息。

DAVE: OK. And as we're thinking of suggesting a visitor centre we'd also have to look at potential problems.

戴夫: 好的。并且由于我么在考虑建议建一个游客中心,我们还需要考虑到潜在的问题。

I mean, obviously it wouldn't be cheap to set up.

我的意思是,建一个游客中心肯定不便宜。

NATALIE: No, but it could be a really good investment.

娜塔莉:是的,但这一定是一个有价值的投资。

And as it's on a historical site it'd need to get special planning permission, I expect.

因为这是个历史遗迹,这也需要得到规划许可,我猜想。

That might be hard.

这个可能会很困难。

DAVE: Right, especially as the only possible place for it would be at the entrance, and that's right in front of the castle.

戴夫:对的,特别是唯一可能的地点是入口处,就在城堡前面。

NATALIE: Mmm.

娜塔莉:是啊。

DAVE: But it could be a good thing for the town of Horton.

戴夫:但这对霍顿镇来说是件好事。

At present it's a bit of a ghost town.

现在它有点像废弃的小镇。

Once they've left school and got any skills or qualifications, the young people all get out as fast as they can to get jobs in the city, and the only people left are children and those who've retired.

年轻人一旦毕业后或者获得了一些技能或证书资格,他们就立马到城市里去找工作,剩下的就只有小孩和那些退休的人。

NATALIE: Right. Something else we could investigate would be the potential damage that tourists might cause to the castle site, I mean their environmental impact.

娜塔莉:对的。我们还要调查的是游客对城堡的潜在伤害,我的意思是他们带来的环境影响。

At present the tourists can just wander round wherever they want, but if numbers increase, there might have to be some restrictions, like sticking to marked ways.

现在游客可以去到任何他想去的地方游玩,但是如果游客数量增加,这里就会有许多限制,比如说要遵循规定的路线。

And there'd need to be guides and wardens around to make sure these were enforced.

那就需要导游和看守人员来确保这些。

DAVE: Yes, we could look at that too. OK, well …

戴夫: 是的,我们也要关注一下这个问题。好……

上一题

剑12 Test 7 Section 2

下一题

剑12 Test 7 Section 4