JACK: Lucy, we really need to get working on this marketing assignment.
杰克:露西,我们得赶紧弄这个市场营销课的作业了。
We've only got five weeks left to the end of term to design it, carry it out, and then write up the results.
期末前我们只剩下5周时间来设计、实施,然后还要把结论写出来。
LUCY: Sure. Well, let's get started right now.
露西:是啊。嗯,那我们现在就开始吧。
Let's go over the instructions.
我们先来看看说明。
What exactly do we have to do?
咱们具体都要做些什么?
JACK: Well, it says here we have to look at one area of the entertainment industry.
杰克:是这样的,上面说我们需要研究娱乐产业的一个部分。
There's a list of the different types.
这有一个不同类别的清单。
LUCY: What are they?
露西:都有哪些呢?
JACK: Music, cinema, theatre, sport, and eating out.
杰克:音乐,电影院,剧院,体育还有外出就餐。
LUCY: Is that all?
露西:没了吗?
JACK: Looks like it.
杰克:看上去就这些了。
LUCY: So we choose one branch of the industry and then we look at how two different groups of people use it?
露西:就是说我们要选则这些产业的一个分支,然后再找两个不同的人群来看看他们在应用上的不同之处。
Is that right?
对吧?
JACK: Yes.
杰克:是的。
LUCY: And do we have to use any particular method to get our data?
露西:我们收集数据的话需要用什么特定的方法吗?
Can we mail out a questionnaire, or do face-to-face interviews, or maybe even observations?
我们是应该把调查问卷寄出去,还是做面对面的采访,还是说我们需要去做观察?
JACK: Well actually, it looks like we don't have a choice.
杰克:事实上我们没有太多的选择余地。
We have to do telephone interviews.
我们需要做电话采访。
LUCY: OK, so at least we don't have to waste time deciding between the different methods.
露西:好吧,至少我们不用浪费时间去决定到底用什么方法收集数据了。
JACK: Yeah, that's right.
杰克:嗯,是这么回事。
Oh, and the other requirement is the number of interviewees.
然后另一个要求是受访者的数量问题。
LUCY: Not too many, I hope. Ten? Twenty?
西:希望不要太多啊。10个?20个?
JACK: Well, we have to do two groups, remember, and it looks like we have to interview fifteen for each group.
杰克:是这样,我们要分两组,记得吗,看上去我们每组要采访15个人。
LUCY: That's thirty altogether then.
露西:那总共就是30个人
It's going to take ages.
要花好久时间啊。
JACK: Yes, but remember we're working on this together, so we'll only have to do fifteen each.
杰克:是的,不过我们是要一起来做这个事的,所以我们每个人只需要采访15个人。
LUCY: OK, so those are all the requirements?
露西:好吧,就这些要求了吗?
JACK: Yes, looks like it.
杰克:嗯,看上去就这些了。
LUCY: So, first, which area are we going to choose?
露西:那么首先,我们要选什么领域呢?
My preference would be cinema, since that's where I spend most of my money.
我倾向于选择电影院,因为电影院是我花钱最多的地方。
JACK: Hmm, I don't think that's such a good idea.
杰克:我觉得这个主意不是特别好啊。
I don't think there are huge differences in the market there.
我觉得就市场而言并没有特别大的区别。
I mean you get young and old, male and female, rich and poor all going to the same movies.
我是说看电影的人包括年轻人和老人,男人和女人,富人和穷人都会去看同一部电影的。
LUCY: Yeah, maybe you're right.
露西:好吧,你说的也对。
Let's make it music then.
那我们选择音乐吧。
JACK: Right. So, what two groups will we compare and contrast?
杰克:好的。然后我们选那两个组别来进行对比对照呢?
LUCY: Male and female?
露西:男性和女性?
JACK: No. Most of my female friends like the same music as me.
杰克:不合适。我的大部分女性朋友跟我喜欢的音乐是一样的。
Different age groups would be much more likely to show up differences, I think.
我觉得不同的年龄组别更容易分出区别来。
下一题
剑6 undefined