首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑6 Test 3 Section 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-24
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
MARKETING ASSIGNMENT
21 For their assignment, the students must investigate one part of the   .
22 The method the students must use to collect data is   .
23 In total, the students must interview   people.
24 Jack thinks the music preferences of   listeners are similar.
Questions 25-30
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.

 
Marketing Survey: Music Preferences
Age group of interviewee
· 25 or under
· 45 or over

Music preferences
· Pop
· 25  
· Folk
· Easy listening
· 26  

Medium for listening to music
· Radio
· CD
· TV
· 27  

Source of music
· Music shops
· 28  
· Internet

Places for listening to music
· Disco
· Pub
· 29  
· Concert hall
· 30  

SECTION 3

JACK: Lucy, we really need to get working on this marketing assignment.

杰克:露西,我们得赶紧弄这个市场营销课的作业了。

We've only got five weeks left to the end of term to design it, carry it out, and then write up the results.

期末前我们只剩下5周时间来设计、实施,然后还要把结论写出来。

LUCY: Sure. Well, let's get started right now.

露西:是啊。嗯,那我们现在就开始吧。

Let's go over the instructions.

我们先来看看说明。

What exactly do we have to do?

咱们具体都要做些什么?

JACK: Well, it says here we have to look at one area of the entertainment industry.

杰克:是这样的,上面说我们需要研究娱乐产业的一个部分。

There's a list of the different types.

这有一个不同类别的清单。

LUCY: What are they?

露西:都有哪些呢?

JACK: Music, cinema, theatre, sport, and eating out.

杰克:音乐,电影院,剧院,体育还有外出就餐。

LUCY: Is that all?

露西:没了吗?

JACK: Looks like it.

杰克:看上去就这些了。

LUCY: So we choose one branch of the industry and then we look at how two different groups of people use it?

露西:就是说我们要选则这些产业的一个分支,然后再找两个不同的人群来看看他们在应用上的不同之处。

Is that right?

对吧?

JACK: Yes.

杰克:是的。

LUCY: And do we have to use any particular method to get our data?

露西:我们收集数据的话需要用什么特定的方法吗?

Can we mail out a questionnaire, or do face-to-face interviews, or maybe even observations?

我们是应该把调查问卷寄出去,还是做面对面的采访,还是说我们需要去做观察?

JACK: Well actually, it looks like we don't have a choice.

杰克:事实上我们没有太多的选择余地。

We have to do telephone interviews.

我们需要做电话采访。

LUCY: OK, so at least we don't have to waste time deciding between the different methods.

露西:好吧,至少我们不用浪费时间去决定到底用什么方法收集数据了。

JACK: Yeah, that's right.

杰克:嗯,是这么回事。

Oh, and the other requirement is the number of interviewees.

然后另一个要求是受访者的数量问题。

LUCY: Not too many, I hope. Ten? Twenty?

西:希望不要太多啊。10个?20个?

JACK: Well, we have to do two groups, remember, and it looks like we have to interview fifteen for each group.

杰克:是这样,我们要分两组,记得吗,看上去我们每组要采访15个人。

LUCY: That's thirty altogether then.

露西:那总共就是30个人

It's going to take ages.

要花好久时间啊。

JACK: Yes, but remember we're working on this together, so we'll only have to do fifteen each.

杰克:是的,不过我们是要一起来做这个事的,所以我们每个人只需要采访15个人。

LUCY: OK, so those are all the requirements?

露西:好吧,就这些要求了吗?

JACK: Yes, looks like it.

杰克:嗯,看上去就这些了。

LUCY: So, first, which area are we going to choose?

露西:那么首先,我们要选什么领域呢?

My preference would be cinema, since that's where I spend most of my money.

我倾向于选择电影院,因为电影院是我花钱最多的地方。

JACK: Hmm, I don't think that's such a good idea.

杰克:我觉得这个主意不是特别好啊。

I don't think there are huge differences in the market there.

我觉得就市场而言并没有特别大的区别。

I mean you get young and old, male and female, rich and poor all going to the same movies.

我是说看电影的人包括年轻人和老人,男人和女人,富人和穷人都会去看同一部电影的。

LUCY: Yeah, maybe you're right.

露西:好吧,你说的也对。

Let's make it music then.

那我们选择音乐吧。

JACK: Right. So, what two groups will we compare and contrast?

杰克:好的。然后我们选那两个组别来进行对比对照呢?

LUCY: Male and female?

露西:男性和女性?

JACK: No. Most of my female friends like the same music as me.

杰克:不合适。我的大部分女性朋友跟我喜欢的音乐是一样的。

Different age groups would be much more likely to show up differences, I think.

我觉得不同的年龄组别更容易分出区别来。

LUCY: Yeah, I suppose you're right again.

露西:倒也是,你说的都挺对的。

I'll take some notes, shall I?

我来做些笔记,好吗?

So...Age Groups. Well. What do you think?

嗯。年龄组别。那么。你觉得什么年龄组别合适?

Maybe twenty-five or under for one group, and forty-five or over for the other group?25

岁或以下一组,然后45岁或以上一组?

That should show up differences.

这分组能展示区别。

JACK: Right.

杰克:可以。

LUCY: OK. Next. How about the kind of music they like - let's give them some choices and then we can just tick boxes.

露西:好的。下一步。他们都喜欢什么样的音乐,我们准备一些选项然后我们可以直接在上面打勾。

JACK: OK. Let's have pop, jazz, folk, easy listening… What else?

杰克:好的。咱们选择流行音乐,爵士乐,民族乐,舒缓音乐……还有哪些?

LUCY: Well, we should include classical.

露西:嗯,我们应该把古典音乐包含在内。

Some people like it, you know.

有的人喜欢,你知道的。

JACK: OK. And then we should have how they listen to music.

杰克:嗯。然后我们还要包括人们听音乐的方式。

LUCY: The medium. Right. Let's include radio, CD - and then I guess there's TV.

露西:媒介。对。包括广播,CD,然后我觉得还有电视。

JACK: What about concerts?

杰克:音乐会怎么样?

You know, in pubs and halls.

对吧,酒吧和音乐厅。

LUCY: Oh yeah, we should include live music of course.

露西:好的,我们确实应该包括现场音乐。

JACK: OK, we're on a roll now!

杰克:好的,我们进展飞快!

Next point could be about where they actually get their music.

然后下一个重点是人们在实际生活中都是如何得到他们的音乐的。

LUCY: You mean like, do they buy it in music shops, or department stores?

露西:你指的是人们从音像店买还是从百货商场买吗?

JACK: Yes, or download it from the Internet.

杰克:是的,或者从网上下载。

LUCY: Right. That could be for recorded music.

露西:嗯。那应该属于音像制品了。

Then we need another section for live music.

我们还需要一个现场音乐的部分。

Where do they go for that?

人们都去哪听现场音乐呢?

JACK: OK. Let's say disco, pub, club, concert hall…

杰克:嗯。比如迪斯科,酒吧,俱乐部,音乐厅……

LUCY: Or opera house! And I guess we should include karaoke bars.

露西:还有歌剧厅!而且我觉得还应该包括卡拉OK吧。

JACK: Not many of them in this city!

杰克:咱们市里没有太多吧!

LUCY: OK. We'll leave that out then.

露西:好吧。那就把它排除在外吧

So, what's left to do?

然后我们还需要干嘛?

JACK: That's it. Well, now we can make a time-scale for doing it.

杰克:就这些了。然后我们现在制定一个时间表来完成它。

上一题

剑6 Test 3 Section 2

下一题

剑6 Test 3 Section 4