首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑5 Test 1 Section 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-23
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.


21 Andrew has worked at the hospital for

A

two years.

B

three years.

C

five years.

22 During the course Andrew's employers will pay

A

his fees.

B

his living costs.

C

his salary.

23 The part-time course lasts for

A

one whole year.

B

18 months.

C

two years.

Questions 24 and 25
Choose TWO letters A-E.


What TWO types of coursework are required each month on the part-time course?

A

a case study

B

an essay

C

a survey

D

a short report

E

a study diary

Questions 26-30
Complete the summary below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Modular Courses
Students study 26   during each module. A module takes 27   and the work is very 28   . To get a Diploma each student has to study 29   and then work on 30   in depth.

SECTION 3

ANDREW: Excuse me, I was told to come here for advice about, erm, Management Diploma courses?

安德鲁:打扰一下,别人告诉我到这里来是不是可以获得有关管理学文凭课程的建议?

MONICA: You've certainly come to the right place.

莫妮卡:您当然来对了地方。

Hi, my name is Monica.

您好,我是莫妮卡。

ANDREW: Nice to meet you.

安德鲁:很高兴见到您。

My name is Andrew, Andrew Harris.

我的名字叫安德鲁,安德鲁哈里斯。

MONICA: So, Andrew, have you seen our diploma course prospectus yet?

莫妮卡:那么,安德鲁,您有没有看过我们的文凭课程说明手册呢?

ANDREW: Yes, I've already looked at it.

安德鲁:是的,我已经看过了。

In fact, I thought the information on course content was really useful, but I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by all the different ways you can do the course: full-time intensive, part-time and so on.

实际上,我觉得有关课程内容的信息十分有用,但是我被各种上课的方式搞的有点迷惑了:脱产密集型,兼职等等。

MONICA: Well, let's see if I can help.

莫妮卡:那么,让我来看看能不能帮助您。

I think each course type has its advantages and disadvantages, so it really depends on you - your own study habits, and your financial circumstances, of course.

我想,每种课程类型都有它的优点和不足,所以这真的取决于您——您自己的学习习惯,当然还有您的财务情况。

Are you working at the moment?

您现在在工作吗?

ANDREW: Yes. I've been working in the administration section of the local hospital for the last three years.

安德鲁:是的。在过去的三年里,我一直在本地医院的行政部门工作。

And before that I worked in the office of a computer engineering company for two years.

在此之前,我在一家电脑工程公司工作了两年。

So, I've got about five years of relevant work experience.

所以,我总共有大约5年的相关工作经验。

And what I'm hoping to focus on is Personnel Management.

我现在想把重点放在人力管理上。

MONICA: I see. And are you planning to leave your current job to study, or are you thinking about just taking a year off?

莫妮卡:我明白了。您现在计划离职来学习,还是考虑停休一年假呢?

ANDREW: I want to know what my options are, really.

安德鲁:我真的想知道我的选择有什么。

I don't want to quit my job or anything and my employers are keen for me to get some more qualifications but obviously, it would be better if I could do a course without taking too much time away from work.

我不想离开我的工作或者怎样,我的老板积极地让我拿到更多的资格证,但是显然,如果我能在上课的同时不占用太多工作的时间,那会更妥当些。

MONICA: Right, so you don't really want to do the full-time course, then?

莫妮卡:好的,那所以你不太想上脱产的课程?

ANDREW: No, not really. It's also a question of finances.

安德鲁:不,不是很想。这也是一个钱的问题。

You see, my office have agreed to pay the cost of the course itself, but I would have to take unpaid leave if I want to study full-time and, well, I don't think I could afford to support myself with no salary for a whole year.

你看,我的办公室同意支付我课程的学费,但是如果我想学脱产的课,我就必须要停薪留职,但是,我觉得我不太可能在一整年没有薪水的情况下养活自己。

MONICA: OK. Well, you have two other possibilities: you could either do the part-time course - that would be over two years and you wouldn't have to take any time off work - or you could do what we call a 'modular' course.

莫妮卡:好的。那您还有另两个选择:您既可以参加兼职课程——为期两年,这个不需要您请任何假——或者您也可以参加被我们叫做“模块式的课程”。

You could do that in eighteen months if you wanted - or longer, it's quite flexible and it would be up to you.

如果您想,您可以在18个月内完成——也可以更久,这个比较灵活,全都看您。

ANDREW: Mmm. So what does the part-time course involve?

安德鲁:好的。兼职的课程都包括什么呢?

MONICA: For that you would join an evening class and have a lecture twice a week.

莫妮卡:对于这个,您需要参加一个晚课,并且每周上两次讲座。

Then, you'd have to attend a seminar or discussion workshop one weekend a month.

之后,每月有一个周末,您必须要参加一个研讨会或者讨论课。

ANDREW: What kind of coursework would I have to do?

安德鲁:我会做哪类的作业呢?

MONICA: Well, it's a mixture.

莫妮卡:什么都有。

You'd be expected to write an essay each month, which counts towards your final assessment.

每月您需要完成一篇论文,这会和您的最终测试挂钩。

You have a case study to do by the end of the course, which might involve doing a survey or something like that, and also you need to hand in a short report every four weeks.

课程结束的时候要完成一个案例研究,里面可能会包含调查一类的内容,然后,你还要每四周提交一份简短的报告。

ANDREW: So, that's quite a lot of work, then, on top of working every day.

安德鲁:所以,除了每天的工作,作业还挺多的。

It sounds like a lot of studying - and really tiring.

听起来学习的量很大——很累。

MONICA: Yes, you certainly wouldn't have much free time!

莫妮卡:是的,这样您就不会有太多休息的时间了!

ANDREW: What about the 'modular' course?

德鲁:那个“模块式课程”怎样?

What would I have to do for that?

按那个课程我需要做些什么?

MONICA: That's where you get the opportunity to study full-time for short periods.

莫妮卡:在这个课程里,您有机会在若干较短的周期内内进行脱产的学习。

That way you can cover a lot of coursework and attend lectures and seminars during the day.

这样可以覆盖很多课程作业,并且可以在白天参加讲座和研讨会。

And each module lasts for one term, say, about twelve weeks at a time.

每个模块时长一学期,也就是一次大约12周。

There are obvious advantages in this - the main one being that you can study in a much more intensive way, which suits some people much better.

这样有着明显的优势——最主要的是您可以更紧凑的学习,这样更适合某些人。

ANDREW: And how many of these 'modules' would I have to do to get the diploma?

安德鲁:要得到这个文凭,我要学多少个模块?

MONICA: The current programme is two modules - and then you have to choose a topic to work in more depth - but you can base that on your job, and so you don't need to be away from the office, and how long it takes is up to you.

莫妮卡:目前的项目是两个模块——之后您需要选择一个课题深入研究——但是这个可以是基于您的工作的,所以您不需要离开办公室,至于需要多久就看您的安排了。

The important thing is that you don't have to study and work.

重要的是您不需要同时又工作又学习。

You can focus on one thing at a time.

您可以一次专注于一件事。

ANDREW: Yes, I can see that.

安德鲁:是的,我也发现了。

It certainly sounds attractive!

这个的确听起来很有吸引力!

It would be more expensive, though.

但是也更贵些。

I mean, I'd have to support myself without pay for each module.

我的意思是,每个模块上课期间,我不挣钱还要养活自己。

MONICA: That's true, so that might be a problem for you.

莫妮卡:的确是这样,这对于您可能是个问题。

Look, why don't you talk this over with your employers and ...

看,您为什么不和您的老板商量一下呢……

上一题

剑5 Test 1 Section 2

下一题

剑5 Test 1 Section 4