A
a bus tour
B
a train tour
C
a walking tour
A
houses.
B
industrial buildings.
C
shops.
A
leisure.
B
apartment blocks.
C
a sports centre.
A
nature reserve.
B
formal gardens.
C
Bicentennial Park
SECTION 2
Welcome to all of you ... can everybody see and hear me? ... Good ...
欢迎你们……大家都能看见我吗?能听见吗?……好极了……
I'm Sally, your guide for this tour of the Bicentennial Park ...
我叫萨利,我将带着各位游览百年纪念公园。
I hope that you're all wearing your most comfortable shoes and that you can keep up the pace.
希望大家都穿了舒适的鞋子,好跟上我们的步伐。
So let's get under way on our tour around this wonderful park.
好的,让我们开始启程来欣赏这个美丽的公园吧。
I'll start today with some general background information.
首先我要给大家介绍一些背景知识。
There used to be a lot of factories in this area until the 1960s.
在1960年之前这片地区有很多工厂。
Creating the park required the demolition of lots of derelict buildings on the site, so most of the exciting park space all around you was originally warehouses and storehouses.
为了兴建这个公园很多被遗弃的建筑都被拆除了,所以你们周围这些地方曾经都是仓库。
The idea of building a public park here was first discussed when a property developer proposed a high-rise housing development, but the local community wasn't happy.
在这儿建公园的想法最早是由一名房地产开发商在提交一份高层楼盘规划的时候引起的,但是当地社区对这个提案并不赞同。
If the land was to be cleaned up, they wanted to use the site for recreation.
他们希望把这块土地开发出来作为娱乐休闲用。
Residents wanted open space for outdoor activities, rather than housing or even an indoor sports complex.
当地居民希望把这里变成开放式的户外活动场地,而不是开发房地产或建室内体育场馆。
Now to the Bicentennial Park itself.
现在我来介绍一下百年纪念公园。
It has two areas, a nature reserve and a formal park with man-made features and gardens.
这片公园包含两个区域,一块是自然保护区,另一块是有人造景观的规则式公园。
The tall blue-and-white building in front of us is called The Tower and is the centre point for the formal gardens.
我们正前方那个很高的蓝白相间的建筑叫做“塔楼”,那是公园的中心。
It stands twelve metres high, so follow me up the stairs to where we can take advantage of the fantastic views.
它高12米,我会带你们沿楼梯走上去,上面是欣赏到公园美景的绝佳位置。
Well, here we are at the top of The Tower, and we're going to look at the view from each direction.
好的,现在我们来到了塔楼顶部,在这里我们可以从不同角度来欣赏公园的景色。
Out to the east, the large buildings about a kilometre away are on the Olympic site.
在东边一公里开外的那些大型建筑坐落在奥林匹克中心。
There's an indoor arena for gymnastics, a stadium for track and field and a swimming pool for races and synchronised swimming and also diving.
那里有室内体操馆、田径运动场和能进行游泳比赛、花样游泳比赛和跳水比赛的泳池。
If you look carefully down there, you can see the train lines.
如果您仔细看您会发现那边有铁轨。
The Olympic site has its own station to encourage the use of public transport.
奥林匹克中心有自己的火车站,以此鼓励大家使用公共交通。
There is also a car park, but it only holds a limited number of cars.
那儿也有一个停车场,但容量很小。
The formal park has some specially-created water features.
公园里有些特别修建的水上设施。
If you look out here to the south, you can see a circular ornamental pond.
往南边看您会看到一个圆形的装饰性的水池。
And around to the west, you can relax and sit on a bench to smell the flowers in the rose garden, and finally up to the north, if you look in front of you now, there's a lake with a small island in the centre, you can hire rowing boats at the boat shed, which you can't see from here, but if you look through the trees, you can see the café, which has lovely views across the water.
在西边,您可以放松地坐在长凳上享受这玫瑰园的花香,最后来看北边,您往正前方看,那儿有个湖,湖中间有一个小岛,您可以租一艘小船在湖中划船,虽然从这儿看不到租船点。往树林那边看有一个咖啡馆,那儿有绝佳的湖景。
OK, let's climb down now.
好了,我们下楼吧。
We will go now and have a look at the nature reserve section, of the park, which has opened up natural wetland to the public.
我们现在去看看公园的自然保护区部分,那里的湿地对公众开放。
The Mangroves have been made more accessible to visitors by the boardwalk built during the park's upgrade.
公园改造的时候铺设了木板路,这样我们能更容易到达红树林。
You'd think that people would come here to look at the unusual plant life of the area, but in fact it's more often used for cycling and is very popular with the local clubs.
您可能会以为人们都喜欢来这儿看这些神奇的树木,但实际上大部分人是来这儿骑车的,当地的自行车俱乐部经常组织这样的活动。
This is the far end of the park and over there you can see the Frog Pond, a natural feature here long before the park was designed.
走到公园的最深处您会看到蛙池,这个地方在设计这座公园之前就在那儿了。
Just next to it we have our outdoor classroom, a favourite spot for school parties.
在蛙池旁边有一个户外教室,学校经常在这里组织活动。
The area is now most often used by primary schools for biology lessons.
现在这个地方主要被用来开展小学的生物课活动。
And finally let's pass by the Waterbird Refuge.
最后我们要经过的是水鸟观察站。
This area is in a sheltered part of the estuary, that's why the park's viewing shelter is a favourite spot for bird watchers who can use it to spy through binoculars.
这是一片在河口的有遮蔽的区域,观鸟爱好者都喜欢来这里的观景台用望远镜观鸟。
You can watch a variety of water birds, but most visitors expect to see black swans when they come to the shelter.
在这里您可以看到很多种不同的水鸟,但多数来到这儿的游客都希望见到黑天鹅。
You might spot one yourself right now!
没准您就能看到一只呢!
Well, here we are back at our starting point, the Visitor Centre.
好了,我们又回到了游客中心,我们的旅程最开始的地方。
上一题
剑7 Test 4 Section 1下一题
剑7 Test 4 Section 3