首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑8 Test 4 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

West Bay Hotel - details of job

Example 
· Newspaper advert for  temporary staff

· Vacancies for 1  
· Two shifts
· Can choose your 2    (must be the same each week)
· Pay: £5.50 per hour, including a 3  
· A 4    is provided in the hotel
· Total weekly pay: £231
· Dress:
a white shirt and 5    trousers (not supplied) 
a 6    (supplied)
· Starting date: 7  
· Call Jane 8    (Service Manager) before 9    tomorrow (Tel: 832009)
· She'll require a 10    

SECTION 1

WOMAN: Hello, West Bay Hotel. Can I help you?

女:您好,这里是西岸宾馆。有什么可以帮您?

MAN: Oh, good morning. I'm ringing about your advertisement in the Evening Gazette.

男:噢,早上好。我是想问一问你们在《晚报》上的广告。

WOMAN: Is that the one for temporary staff?

女:是招聘临时员工的那个吗?

MAN: That's right.

男:是的。

WOMAN: Yes. I'm afraid the person who's dealing with that isn't in today, but I can give you the main details if you like.

女:好的。负责这件事情的人今天不在,不过如果您愿意的话您可以跟我说。

MAN: Yes please. Could you tell me what kind of staff you are looking for?

男:好的,谢谢。您能不能告诉我你们在招什么样的员工呢?

WOMAN: We're looking for waiters at the moment.

女:我们目前在招的是服务员。

There was one post for a cook, but that's already been taken.

之前有一个厨师的岗位,不过已经有人应聘了。

MAN: Oh right. Erm, what are the hours of work?

男:好的。嗯,工作时长是多少呢?

WOMAN: There are two different shifts - there's a day shift from 7 to 2 and a late shift from 4 till 11.

女:我们这儿是两班倒。日班是早7点到下午2点,夜班是下午4点到晚上11点。

MAN: And can people choose which one they want to do?

男:这个可以选吗?

WOMAN: Not normally, because everyone would choose the day shift I suppose.

女:一般是不能选的,不然估计大家都会选日班吧。

You alternate from one week to another.

我们每周轮换一次。

MAN: Okay. I'm just writing all this down. What about time off?

男:好的,我把这些记下来。那休息呢?

WOMAN: You get one day off and I think you can negotiate which one you want, it's more or less up to you.

女:我们一周休一天,你可以协商具体休哪天,这基本按照你的意愿。

But it has to be the same one every week.

但你每周都得休同一天。

MAN: Do you know what the rates of pay are?

男:您知道薪酬的情况吗?

WOMAN: Yes, I've got them here.

女:我这里有。

You get £5.50 an hour, and that includes a break.

一小时5.5英镑,中间还包括短暂休息。

MAN: Do I have to go home to eat or ...

男:我是得回家吃饭还是……

WOMAN: You don't have to. You can get a meal in the hotel if you want to, and here's no charge for it so you might as well.

女:不需要。如果愿意的话你可以在酒店吃,是免费的。

MAN: Oh good. Yes, so let's see.

男:噢,太好了。让我们来算一下。

I'd get er, two hundred and twenty one, no, two hundred and thirty one pounds a week?

我一周应该能拿到两百二十一,不对,两百三十一英镑对吗?

WOMAN: You'd also get tips - our guests tend to be quite generous.

女:还有小费呢。我们这儿的顾客一般都比较大方。

MAN: Erm, is there a uniform? What about clothes?

男:呃,那衣着方面呢?需要穿工服吗?

WOMAN: Yes, I forgot to mention that.

女:是的,我忘了说了。

You need to wear a white shirt, just a plain one, and dark trousers.

你需要穿白衬衫,没有花纹的那种,还有深色裤子。

You know, not green or anything like that.

不要绿色或其他颜色的。

And we don't supply those.

这些我们都不提供。

MAN: That's okay, I've got trousers, I'd just have to buy a couple of shirts.

男:没问题,我有黑裤子,我只需要买几件衬衣就好了。

What about anything else? Do I need a waistcoat or anything?

其他的呢?我需要穿马甲吗?

WOMAN: You have to wear a jacket, but the hotel lends you that.

女:你要穿夹克。酒店会借给你。

MAN: I see. Er, one last thing - I don't know what the starting date is.

男:知道了。呃,最后一件事情,工作什么时候开始呢?

WOMAN: Just a minute, I think it's some time around the end of June.

女:稍等一下,我记得大概是在6月底。

Yes, the 28th, in time for the summer.

对了,6月28号,赶在夏天前。

MAN: That's great. I'm available from the 10th.

男:太好了。我10号之后都可以。

WOMAN: Oh good. Well, if you can call again you need to speak to the Service Manager.

女:好的。您需要再打电话过来和客服经理谈一下。

Her name's Jane Urwin, that's U-R-W-I-N, and she'll probably arrange to meet you.

她的名字叫简·埃尔文,是U-R-W-I-N,她应该会安排一次面试。

MAN: Okay. And when's the best time to ring?

男:好的。什么时候打电话比较方便呢?

WOMAN: Could you call tomorrow? Urn, she usually starts checking the rooms at midday, so before then if you can, so she'll have more time to chat.

女:明天行吗?她一般中午开始查房,所以如果您赶在那之前打电话,她应该会更有时间聊。

I'll just give you her number because she's got a direct line.

我把她的电话给你吧,她有专线。

MAN: Thanks.

男:谢谢。

WOMAN: It's 832 double-0 9.

女:号码是832009.

MAN: 823 double-0 9?

男:是823009吗?

WOMAN: 832.

女:832.

MAN: Oh, okay. Yes, I'll do that.

男:噢,好的。我明天会打电话。

WOMAN: And by the way, she will ask you for a reference, so you might like to be thinking about that.

女:顺便说一下,她会要你提供一个推荐人,所以你最好琢磨琢磨。

You know, just someone who knows you and can vouch for you.

就是认识你然后能为你担保的人。

MAN: Yes, no problem. Well, thanks very much for your help.

男:好的,没问题。太感谢了!

WOMAN: You're welcome. Bye.

女:不客气。再见。

MAN: Bye.

男:再见。

上一题

剑8 Test 3 Section 4

下一题

剑8 Test 4 Section 2