首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑10 Test 4 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-6
Complete the notes below. 
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.

 
THORNDYKE'S BUILDERS

Example
Customer heard about Thorndyke's from a friend

Name: Edith 1  
Address:
Flat 4, 
2    Park Flats
(Behind the 3   )
Phone number: 875934
Best time to contact customer: during the 4  
Where to park: opposite entrance next to the 5  
Needs full quote showing all the jobs and the 6  
Questions 7-10
Complete the table below. 
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.



7  
8  
9  
10  

SECTION 1

MR THORNDYKE: Thorndyke's.

桑代克先生:桑代克公司。

EDITH: Good morning. Is that Mr Thorndyke?

伊迪斯:早上好。是桑代克先生吗?

MR THORNDYKE: Speaking. How can I help?

桑代克先生:请讲。您有什么需要?

EDITH: I've got quite a few things which need painting and fixing in the flat and I wonder whether you'd be able to do the work.

伊迪斯:我公寓里有些东西需要刷漆和修理。我在想你是不是愿意接受这个工作。

MR THORNDYKE: I'm sure I'd be able to help but let me take down a few details.

桑代克先生:我肯定我可以帮上忙,但是请让我记下细节。

EDITH: Yes, of course.

伊迪斯:好的,当然可以。

MR THORNDYKE: Well, firstly, how did you hear about us?

桑代克先生:好的,首先,您是怎样知道我们的?

EDITH: It was my friend May Hamoton ... you did some excellent work for her a couple of years ago.

伊迪斯:是我的朋友梅·汉普顿。几年前你为她做的工作特别好。

Do you remember?

你记得吗?

MR THORNDYKE: Oh, yes, that was in West Park Flats, lovely lady.

桑代克先生:哦是的。那是在西园公寓。很可爱的女士。

EDITH: Yes, she is.

伊迪斯:是的,她是很可爱。

MR THORNDYKE: And what's your name, please?

桑代克先生:请问你叫什么?

EDITH: It's Edith Pargetter.

伊迪斯:是伊迪斯·帕吉特。

MR THORNDYKE: Edith ... can you spell your surname, please?

桑代克先生:伊迪斯…… 请问你可以拼一下你的姓氏吗?

EDITH: It's P-A-R-G-E-double T-E-R.

伊迪斯:是P-A-R-G-E-双写T-E-R。

MR THORNDYKE: Double T, right.

桑代克先生:双写T,好的。

And do you live in West Park Flats as well?

你也住在西园公寓吗?

EDITH: NO, actually it's East Park, Flat 4.

伊迪斯:不,其实是东园,4号公寓。

MR THORNDYKE: Oh, right, that's over the road.I seem to remember – quite difficult to get to.

桑代克先生:哦好的。就是在路的另一侧。我好像记得,不太容易找到。

EDITH: Yes, it's at the back of the library.

伊迪斯:是的,它是在图书馆的后面。

MR THORNDYKE: Right, I know. And what's your phone number?

桑代克先生:好的,我知道了。那你的电话是多少?

EDITH: 875934 but I'm out a great deal in the afternoons and evenings.

伊迪斯:875934,但是我在下午和晚上经常不在。

MR THORNDYKE: So would the best time to ring you be in the morning?

桑代克先生:所以给你打电话最好的时间是上午?

EDITH: Yes.

伊迪斯:是的。

MR THORNDYKE: Fine. I've made a note of that.

桑代克先生:好的。我记下来了。

Can I just ask, I'll be in a van and I know parking's rather difficult round your flats.

我能问一下吗,我会开货车去,而且我知道你公寓附近很难停车。

Where would you recommend?

你建议我停在哪里?

EDITH: Well, I always tell people in larger vehicles to park by the postbox on the other side of the road from the entrance.

伊迪斯:嗯,我通常告诉那些开大车来的人把车停在入口处路对面的邮箱旁。

MR THORNDYKE: Good, thanks.

桑代克先生:好的,谢谢。

EDITH: And will you be able to give me a full itemised quote?

伊迪斯:你能给我一份完整的逐项报价吗?

MR THORNDYKE: Oh, yes, I'll list all the jobs separately with individual prices.

桑代克先生:哦好的。我会把每项工作和价格单独列出来。

EDITH: That'd be a great help.

伊迪斯:那太有帮助了。

MR THORNDYKE: No problem.

桑代克先生:没问题。

MR THORNDYKE: Now, what would you like me to do?

桑代克先生:现在,你想让我做什么呢?

EDITH: Firstly and most urgently is in the kitchen.

伊迪斯:首先最紧要的在厨房。

With all the weather damage, the glass in the door has cracked and I'd need that fixing...

因为糟糕的天气,门上的玻璃裂了需要修理……

MR THORNDYKE: I presume you mean replacing?

桑代克先生:我猜你的意思是换一块?

EDITH: Oh, yes. And as soon as possible …

伊迪斯:哦是的。越快越好……

MR THORNDYKE: What I'll do is come round tomorrow morning and do that immediately.

桑代克先生:那我会这么做,明天一早过来,马上把这个事情处理了。

EDITH: Thank you so much.

伊迪斯:非常感谢。

The other things aren't so urgent but ...

其他的事情没有这么紧急,但是……

MR THORNDYKE: Now, I'll make a note of everything you want doing.

桑代克先生:现在,我来记一下你每件需要做的事。

EDITH: Well, in the kitchen I'd like some painting doing.

伊迪斯:嗯,在厨房里,我想粉刷一下。

MR THORNDYKE: All the kitchen walls?

桑代克先生:厨房所有的墙吗?

EDITH: Just the area over the cooker. It's very greasy …

伊迪斯:只是灶台上方的区域。很油腻……

MR THORNDYKE: Right ... it does tend to get that way!

桑代克先生:好的,灶台上方很容易积存油污了。

EDITH: Yes!

伊迪斯:是的。

MR THORNDYKE: Well, if you want a proper job done what I'd need to do is strip the old paint and plaster it about a week before I paint it.

桑代克先生:那么,如果你想让工程完成的漂亮,我需要把原先的油漆去掉,然后在我刷漆之前大概一周给这片墙刷一遍石膏。

EDITH: Of course. Now, May tells me you also do work in the garden.

伊迪斯:当然。还有,梅告诉我你也做花园里的活。

MR THORNDYKE: That's right.

桑代克先生:是的。

EDITH: Well, I'd like you to replace a fence.

伊迪斯:那么,我想让你换一块篱笆。

MR THORNDYKE: Just one?

桑代克先生:只要一块?

EDITH: Yes, at the far end.

伊迪斯:是的,在最远那头。

MR THORNDYKE: Fine. Shouldn't be a problem.

桑代克先生:好的。应该没有问题。

EDITH: And that's the lot.

伊迪斯:就是这些。

MR THORNDYKE: Fine. Yeah, as I say I can come round tomorrow morning to look over things with you.

桑代克先生:好的。就像我说的,我明天上午会过来来和你查看一遍这些东西。

EDITH: That's great, thank you.

伊迪斯:太好了。谢谢你。

MR THORNDYKE: So, I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow at ...

桑代克先生:期待明天和你见面……

上一题

剑10 Test 3 Section 4

下一题

剑10 Test 4 Section 2