首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑12 Test 8 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Cycle tour leader: Applicant enquiry

Example 
Name: Margaret Smith
 
About the applicant: 
· wants a 1    job 
· will soon start work as a 2    
· has led cycle trips in 3  
· interested in being a leader of a cycling trip for families 
· is currently doing voluntary work with members of a    club 
· available for five months from the 1st of 5    
· can't eat    

Contact details: 
· address: 27 7    Place, Dumfries 
· postcode: 8    

Interview: 
· interview at 2.30 pm on 9  
· will plan a short 10    about being a tour guide

SECTION 1

BOB: Hello, Pembroke Cycling Holidays, Bob speaking.

鲍勃:你好,Pembroke骑行假日公司,我是鲍勃。

MARGARET: Oh hello. I've seen your advert for people to lead cycle trips.

玛格瑞特:你好。我看到你们公司招单车旅行带队人的广告了。

Are you the right person to speak to?

我是应该打电话咨询你吧?

BOB: Yes, I am. Could I have your name, please?

鲍勃: 是的。请问您叫什么名字?

MARGARET: It's Margaret Smith.

玛格瑞特:玛格瑞特·斯密。

BOB: Are you looking for a permanent job, Margaret?

鲍勃: 玛格瑞特,你是要找一份长期工作吗?

MARGARET: No, temporary.

玛格瑞特: 不,暂时性的。

I've got a permanent job starting in a few months' time, and I want to do something else until then.

我已经有了一份长期工作,不过是在几个月后才上班,所以我想在那之前做点别的什么。

BOB: What work do you do?

鲍勃:那您是做什么的呢?

MARGARET: This will probably sound crazy - I used to be a lawyer, and then I made a complete career change and I'm going to be a doctor.

玛格瑞特:听起来可能有点疯狂——我过去是个律师,不过后来我彻底地改变了职业,即将成为一名医生。

I've just finished my training.

我刚完成培训。

BOB: Right. And have you had any experience of leading cycle trips?

鲍勃: 好的。请问你有过带队单车旅行的经验吗?

MARGARET: Yes, I've led several bike tours in Africa.

玛格瑞特:有,我在非洲带过几次单车旅行。

The trip to India that I had arranged to lead next month has now been cancelled, so when I saw you were advertising for tour leaders, I decided to apply.

我安排的下个月带队到印度的旅程被取消了,所以当我看到你们广告招人的时候,我决定来申请一下。

BOB: OK. Now we normally have two or three leaders on a trip, depending on the size of the group.

鲍勃: 好的。现在我们一趟旅程通常有2或3个带队的人,这取决于团队的大小。

Some tours are for very experienced cyclists, but we've got a tour coming up soon in Spain, which is proving so popular we need an additional leader.

有的旅程是针对很有经验的骑手的,不过我们有一个即将在西班牙开始的旅行项目,这个项目非常受欢迎,所以我们需要一个额外的带队人。

It's a cycling holiday for families.

那是一个针对家庭的骑行假日。

Would that suit you?

合适你吗?

MARGARET: It certainly would.

玛格瑞特:当然。

I enjoy working with children, and I probably need some more experience before I go on a really challenging trip.

我很喜欢跟孩子们一起骑行,而且在接手一个真正有挑战的骑行项目之前我也需要多积累一些经验。

BOB: That tour includes several teenagers: have you worked with that age group before?

鲍勃:那趟旅程里有几个十几岁的孩子,你以前有带过这个年龄段的孩子吗?

MARGARET: Yes, I'm a volunteer worker in a youth club, where I help people to improve their cycling skills.

玛格瑞特:有,我是一家青少年俱乐部的志愿者,在那儿我帮助孩子们改善他们的骑行技巧。

Before that I helped out in a cycling club where I taught beginners.

在那之前,我在一家骑行俱乐部帮手,在那我教的是初学者。

BOB: Well that's great.

鲍勃:好极了。

Now the trip I mentioned is just for a fortnight, but there might be the possibility of leading other tours after that.

我说的这趟旅程为期两周,不过有可能在那之后还得带其他的队。

Would that fit in with your plans?

这符合你的计划吗?

MARGARET: That'd be fine.

玛格瑞特:没事儿。

I'll be free for five months.

我有5个月的空闲时间。

My job is due to start on October the 2nd, and I'm available from May the 1st until late September.

我的工作定于10月2号开始,所以从5月1号到九月底我都行。

BOB: Good. Now is there anything I need to know about the food you eat?

鲍勃:好的。关于你的饮食我有什么要知道的吗?

We usually have one or two people in the group who don't eat meat, or have some sort of food allergy, so we're always very careful about that.

我们的队伍里通常会有一两个人不吃肉,或者对某种食物敏感,所以我们一向对饮食很小心。

MARGARET: Yes, I'm allergic to cheese.

格瑞特:嗯,我对奶酪过敏。

Would that be a problem?

玛这是问题吗?

BOB: No, as long as we have enough notice, we can deal with that.

鲍勃:不是,只要我们足够注意,就能处理好。

MARGARET: That's great.

玛格瑞特:好极了。

MARGARET: It sounds really interesting - would you like me to fill in an application form?

玛格瑞特:听起来真的很有趣——你们需要我填申请表吗?

BOB: Yes, please. Where should I post it to?

鲍勃:嗯,要的。我应该把表寄到哪呢?

MARGARET: Could you send it to 27 Arbuthnot Place - A-R-B-U-T-H-N-O-T - Place, Dumfries.

玛格瑞特:能不能请你寄到Dumfries,Arbuthnot Place 27号?A-R-B-U-T-H-N-O-T - Place。

BOB: And what's the postcode, please?

鲍勃:邮编是什么?

MARGARET: DG7 4PH.

玛格瑞特:DG7 4PH。

BOB: Was that P Papa or B Bravo?

鲍勃:是Papa的P,还是Bravo的B?

MARGARET: P Papa.

玛格瑞特:是P(Papa)。

BOB: Got that. If you could return the application form by Friday this week, we can interview you on Tuesday next week.

鲍勃:好的,知道了。如果你能在这周五前把申请表寄回来,我们就可以下周二对你进行面试。

Say half past two.

两点半怎么样。

Would that be possible for you?

这个时间你可以吗?

MARGARET: Yes, it's fine.

玛格瑞特:行,可以。

You're quite a long way from where I live, so I'll drive, over on Monday.

你们那离我住的地方相当远,我周一就开车过去。

Should I bring anything to the interview?

面试的时候我要带什么东西吗?

BOB: We'll have your application form, of course, but we'll need to see any certificates you've got that are relevant, in cycling, first aid, or whatever.

鲍勃:我们有你的申请表,不过我们也要看看你的相关的证书,骑行方面和急救方面等等。

MARGARET: OK.

玛格瑞特: 好的。

BOB: And at the interview we'd like to find out about your experience of being a tour guide.

鲍勃:面试的时候我们想了解一下你做导游的经验。

So could you prepare a ten-minute talk about that, please?

你能准备一下谈个10分钟吗?

You don't need slides or any complicated equipment - just some notes.

不需要准备幻灯片或其他复杂的设备——只要有个笔记就行了。

MARGARET: Right. I'll start thinking about that straightaway!

玛格瑞特:好的。我会即刻开始考虑的。

BOB: Good. Well, we'll look forward to receiving your application form, and we'll contact you to confirm the interview.

鲍勃:好的。我们期待着收到你的申请表,确认面试的时候再联系你。

MARGARET: Thanks very much.

玛格瑞特:非常感谢。

BOB: Thank you, Margaret. Goodbye.

谢谢你,玛格瑞特。再见。

MARGARET: Bye.

玛格瑞特:再见。

上一题

剑12 Test 7 Section 4

下一题

剑12 Test 8 Section 2