首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑14 Test 3 Section 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-26
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

Background on school marching band
It consists of around 21   students.
It is due to play in a 22   band competition.
It has been invited to play in the town's 23   .
They have listened to a talk by a 24   .
Joe will discuss a 25   with the band.
Joe hopes the band will attend a 26   next month.
Questions 27-30
What problem does Joe mention in connection with each of the following band members?
Choose FOUR answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-F, next to Questions 27-30.

Problems
A makes a lot of mistakes in rehearsals
B keeps making unhelpful suggestions
C has difficulty with rhythm
D misses too many rehearsals
E has a health problem
F doesn't mix with other students

Band members
27 flautist  
28 trumpeter  
29 trombonist  
30 percussionist  

SECTION 3

LIZZIE: So how are you getting on with your teaching practice at the High School, Joe?

莉齐:乔,你在高中的教学实践怎么样了?

JOE: Well I've been put in charge of the school marching band, and it's quite a responsibility.

乔:嗯,我被安排负责学校的军乐队了,这是一个十分重要的任务。

I'd like to talk it over with you.

我想和你聊一聊这件事。

LIZZIE: Go ahead. You'd better start by giving me a bit of background.

莉齐:说吧。不过你最好先给我讲一些背景情况。

JOE: OK. Well the band has students in it from all years, so they're aged 11 to 18, and there are about 50 of them altogether.

乔:好的。乐队里面包括了所有年龄的学生,他们的年龄在11到18岁之间,总共有50个人左右。

It's quite a popular activity within the school.

这是学校里非常受欢迎的活动。

I've never worked with a band of more than 20 before, and this is very different.

我以前从未和超过20个人的乐队合作过,所以这很不一样。

LIZZIE: I can imagine.

莉齐:我可以想象得到。

JOE: They aren't really good enough to enter national band competitions, but they're in a regional one later in the term.

乔:他们还没有足够的能力进入全国乐队比赛,但是他们在这个学期后期会进入区域性比赛。

Even if they don't win, and I don't expect them to, hopefully it'll be an incentive for them to try and improve.

即使他们没有获胜,我也没指望他们能获胜,只是希望这会激励他们努力并且进步。

LIZZIE: Yes, hopefully.

莉齐:是的,希望如此。

JOE: Well, now the town council's organising a carnival in the summer, and the band has been asked to perform.

乔:嗯,现在小镇委员会要在夏天组织一个狂欢节,他们已经请了我们乐队去演出。

If you ask me, they aren't really up to it yet, and I need to get them functioning better as a band, and in a very short time.

硬要我说的话,其实他们还没有达到那个水平,我需要让他们在很短的时间内更好地发挥乐队的作用。

LIZZIE: Have you been doing anything with them?

莉齐:你有没有和他们一起做过什么?

Apart from practising the music, I mean.

我的意思是,除了练习音乐之外。

JOE: I played a recording I came across, of a drummer talking about how playing in a band had changed his life.

乔:我放了一个我偶然发现的录像,讲的是一位鼓手谈论参加乐队如何改变了他的生活。

I think it was an after-dinner speech.

我想这是一个餐后演讲。

I thought it was pretty inspiring, because being in the band had stopped him from getting involved in crime.

我觉得这很鼓舞人心,因为参加乐队使他没有卷入犯罪。

The students seemed to find it interesting, too.

学生似乎也觉得它很有趣。

LIZZIE: That's good.

莉齐:这很不错。

JOE: I'm planning to show them that old film from the 1940s 'Strike Up the Band', and talk about it with the students.

乔:我打算给学生们放一部40年代的老电影“Strike Up the Band”,然后跟他们讨论讨论。

What do you think?

你觉得怎么样?

LIZZIE: Good idea.

莉齐:好主意。

As it's about a school band, it might make the students realise how much they can achieve if they work together.

这部电影是关于一个学校乐队的,它可能会让学生意识到如果他们齐心协力,他们可以做得多好。

JOE: That's what I've got in mind.

乔:这就是我想做的。

I'm hoping I can take some of the band to a parade that's going to take place next month.

我希望我能把乐队中的一些人带到下个月即将举行的游行中。

A couple of marching bands will be performing, and the atmosphere should be quite exciting.

到时候有几个军乐队将会表演,气氛应该会非常令人兴奋。

It depends on whether I can persuade the school to hire a coach or two to take us there.

这取决于我是否可以说服学校租用一辆或两辆长途车带我们去。

LIZZIE: Mmm. They sound like good ideas to me.

莉齐:嗯。我觉得听起来是很好的主意。

JOE: Thanks.

乔:谢谢。

JOE: Can I tell you about a few people in the band who I'm finding it quite difficult to cope with?

乔:我可以和你讲讲,乐队里的一些很难应付的人吗?

I'm sure you'll have some ideas about what I can do.

我相信你会对于我能做什么提些建议。

LIZZIE: Go ahead.

莉齐:说吧。

JOE: There's a flautist who says she loves playing in the band.

乔:有一个吹横笛的学生说她非常喜欢在乐队里演奏。

We rehearse twice a week after school, but she's hardly ever there.

我们放学后每周排练两次,但她几乎没来过。

Then she looks for me the next day and gives me a very plausible reason - she says she had to help her mother, or she's been ill, but to be honest, I don't believe her.

然后她会在第二天找我,并给我一个貌似可信的理由——她说她必须帮她母亲干活,或者她病了,但说实话,我不相信她。

LIZZIE: Oh dear! Any more students with difficulties?

莉齐:天哪!还有其他不好处理的学生吗?

JOE: Plenty! There's a trumpeter who thinks she's the best musician in the band, though she certainly isn't.

乔:太多了!有一个小号手认为她是乐队中最好的乐手,尽管很显然她不是。

She's always saying what she thinks other people should do, which makes my job pretty difficult.

她总念叨着她认为其他人应该做的事情,这使我的工作变得非常困难。

LIZZIE: She sounds a bit of a nightmare!

莉齐:她听起来有点难以对付!

JOE: You can say that again.

乔:一点儿没错。

One of the trombonists has got an impressive sense of rhythm, and could be an excellent musician - except that he has breathing difficulties, and he doesn't really have enough breath for the trombone.

有一个长号手有一种令人敬佩的的节奏感,并且可能成为一位出色的乐手——只可惜他有呼吸困难,他吹长号时没有足够的气息。

He'd be much better off playing percussion, for instance, but he refuses to give up.

如果他演奏打击乐会好得多,但他拒绝放弃长号。

So he ends up only playing half the notes.

所以他最终只吹奏了一半的音符。

LIZZIE: I suppose you have to admire his determination.

莉齐:我想你必须佩服他的决心。

JOE: Hmm, maybe. One of the percussionists isn't too bad, but he never seems to interact with other people, and he always rushes off as soon as the rehearsal ends.

乔:嗯,或许吧。有一个打击乐手没什么太大的问题,但他似乎永远不会与其他人互动,而且他总是在排练结束后立即走人。

I don't know if there are family reasons, or what.

我不知道是否有家庭原因,或者是别的什么原因。

But it isn't good in a band, where people really need to feel they're part of a group.

但是这样在一个乐队中并不好,他们真的需要觉得自己是这个团队的一部分。

LIZZIE: Hmm.

莉齐:嗯。

JOE: There are others too, but at least that gives you an idea of what l'm up against.

乔:其实还有其他人也有相似的问题,但至少他们能让你对我需要解决的事情了解个大概。

Do you have any thoughts about what I can do, Lizzie?

莉齐,关于我能做些什么,你有什么建议吗?

上一题

剑14 Test 3 Section 2

下一题

剑14 Test 3 Section 4