首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑15 Test 2 Part 3 Q21-22
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21 and 22 
Choose TWO letters, A-E.


Which TWO groups of people is the display primarily intended for?

A

students from the English department

B

residents of the local area

C

the university's teaching staff

D

potential new students

E

students from other departments

CATHY: OK, Graham, so let’s check we both know what we’re supposed to be doing.

凯西:好了,格雷汉姆,让我们来确认一下我们是否都清楚接下来应该做的事情吧。

GRAHAM: OK.

格雷汉姆:好的。

CATHY: So, for the university’s open day, we have to plan a display on British life and literature in the mid-19th century.

凯西:那么,为了大学的开放日,我们需要安排关于19世纪中期的英国生活和文学的展览。

GRAHAM: That’s right. But we’ll have some people to help us find the materials and set it up, remember - for the moment, we just need to plan it.

格雷汉姆:对的。我们有一些能够帮助我们寻找材料和建立展览的帮手。所以记住在目前阶段,我们只需要做好计划。

CATHY: Good. So have you gathered who’s expected to come and see the display?

凯西:很好。你收集要来参观展览的人员名单了吗?

Is it for the people studying English, or students from other departments?

来的人主要是英语学习者,还是其他学院的学生?

I’m not clear about it.

我不是很清楚。

GRAHAM: Nor me. That was how it used to be, but it didn’t attract many people, so this year it’s going to be part of an open day, to raise the university’s profile.

格雷汉姆:我也不知道。过去是这样的,但是并没有多少人来。所以今年展览将成为开放日的一个环节,来提高大学的知名度。

It’ll be publicised in the city, to encourage people to come and find out something of what goes on here.

在城里也会有宣传,目的是鼓励人们来参观,弄清楚这个展览究竟是什么。

And it’s included in the information that’s sent to people who are considering applying to study here next year.

另外,发给考虑明年来就读的学生的材料中也包括这次展览的信息。

CATHY: Presumably some current students and lecturers will come?

凯西:会不会还有一些学生和讲师来?

GRAHAM: I would imagine so, but we’ve been told to concentrate on the other categories of people.

格雷汉姆:我猜是这样的,但是学校通知我们专注于其他的参观者。

CATHY: Right. We don’t have to cover the whole range of 19th-century literature, do we?

凯西:好的。展览不一定要涵盖19世纪文学的所有类别是吗?

GRAHAM: No, it’s entirely up to us.

格雷汉姆:不用,完全由我们自己决定。

I suggest just using Charles Dickens.

我觉得只涉及查尔斯·狄更斯即可。

CATHY: That’s a good idea.

凯西:好主意。

Most people have heard of him, and have probably read some of his novels, or seen films based on them, so that’s a good lead-in to life in his time.

许多人听说过他,也许读过他的一些著作或者看过根据他的作品改编的电影。这可以方便我们导入他的生平事迹。

GRAHAM: Exactly. And his novels show the awful conditions that most people had to live in, don’t they: he wanted to shock people into doing something about it.

格雷汉姆:正是这样。他的许多小说描绘了大部分人不得不接受的,十分艰难的时代,不是吗?他想要警醒读者,使之采取行动。

CATHY: Did he do any campaigning, other than writing?

凯西:除了写作之外,他还参与了什么活动吗?

GRAHAM: Yes, he campaigned for education and other social reforms, and gave talks, but I’m inclined to ignore that and focus on the novels.

格雷汉姆:是的,他参与了有关教育和其它社会改革的活动,发表讲演。但是我更倾向于忽略这部分,只关注他的作品。

CATHY: Yes, I agree.

凯西:是的,我也这样觉得。

下一题

剑15 undefined