首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑5 Test 2 Section 1 Q1-10
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
LIBRARY INFORMATION
Example
Minimum joining age: 18 years

For registration, must take
· two 1   and
· two forms of I.D. e.g. driving licence, 2  

Cost to join per year (without current student card): 3 £    
Number of items allowed: (members of public) 4  
Loan times: four weeks
Fines start at 5 £  
Computers can be booked up to 6   hours in advance
Library holds most national papers, all 7   , and magazines
Need 8   to use photocopier

Creative Writing class
· tutor is John 9  
· held on 10   evenings

LIBRARIAN: Good morning, North College Library. How can I help you?

图书管理员:早晨好,北方学院图书馆。我怎样帮助您?

MAN: I was wondering if it was possible to join the library.

男人:我在想有没有可能加入图书馆。

LIBRARIAN: Are you a student at North College?

图书管理员:你是北方学院的学生吗?

MAN: No, I'm not, but someone told me it was possible to join, even if I wasn't.

男人:不,我不是,但是有人告诉我即便我不是,也是可以加入的。

LIBRARIAN: That's right, it is.

图书管理员:是这样的。

Are you over 18? That's our minimum joining age.

你到18岁了吗?这是我们加入的最低年龄。

MAN: Yes, I am.

男人:是的,我是。

LIBRARIAN: That's no problem then.

图书管理员:那就应该没有问题了。

MAN: Could you tell me what I have to do to join?

男人:你可以告诉我我要做什么才能加入吗?

LIBRARIAN: Well, you'll need to come in to the library and fill out some forms.

图书管理员:那么,你需要到图书馆来填一些表。

You'll also need to bring two passport photos with you.

你还需要携带两张护照照片。

We also need two documents for ID, so a driving licence would be fine.

我们还需要两份证明身份的文件,所以驾照是可以的。

MAN: I've got that and what else? A credit card?

男人:这个我有,那其他的还有什么?信用卡?

LIBRARIAN: No, it needs to have your address on it.

图书管理员:不行,上面必须有你的地址。

MAN: Shall I bring a bank statement, would that do?

男人:那我把银行对账单带来,可以吗?

LIBRARIAN: That'll be fine.

图书管理员:没有问题。

MAN: Good. Does it cost anything to join?

男人:好的。加入需要收费吗?

LIBRARIAN: Well, it's free for students here but otherwise it's £125 per year or £25 if you've got a current student card from another college.

图书管理员:那对于这里的学生是免费的,否则是每年125镑,或者如果你有其他学校现在的学生证,是25镑。

MAN: I was at Westerley College until last year but now I've got a job at Jefferson's steel factory.

男人:我直到去年都还在维斯特里学院,但是现在我在杰弗逊钢铁厂找到了一份工作。

Er, it's more expensive than I thought.

呃,这比我想象的要贵多了。

My local library is free.

我当地的图书馆是免费的。

LIBRARIAN: But you'll find they don't have the range of reference books or facilities which we buy for our students.

图书管理员:但是你会发现他们没有我们为学生购置的那些参考书和设施。

That's why you have to pay to be an external member.

这就是为什么作为外来的成员,你不得不花钱。

MAN: I see. How many books can I borrow?

男人:明白了。我可以借多少书呢?

LIBRARIAN: We allow twelve items borrowed at any one time if you're a student, and that includes CDs, DVDs and videos.

图书管理员:如果你是学生,我们允许一次借12件,这包括CD、DVD和录像。

However, it's only eight items for members of the public.

但是对于一般群众来说,一次只有8件。

MAN: Fine. And how long can I have them for?

男人:好的。还有我可以借多久?

LIBRARIAN: Well, you can have both fiction and reference books for four weeks which isn't bad really.

图书管理员:这个,小说和参考书都可以借阅四周,这其实并不是很糟糕。

MAN: And what happens if I return them late?

男人:如果我归还晚了会发生什么呢?

LIBRARIAN: Like all libraries there's a fine system in place.

图书管理员:就像所有的图书馆一样,我们有个罚款的体系。

The minimum fine is £1.50 but it can be much higher for some items - up to £5 per week.

最低罚款是1.50镑,但是对于有些书目会更高——每周最高到5镑。

We'll give you a booklet with all the details when you join.

当你加入时,我们会给你一个小手册,上面有所有的细节。

You can always renew items if they're not required by anyone else by telephoning or logging on to our website.

如果没有其他人需要,你随时可以通过电话或登入我们的网站续借。

MAN: What about the computers?

男人:计算机呢?

Can I use them free of charge?

我可以免费使用吗?

LIBRARIAN: For college students it's free, but for external members like yourself, the first hour is free and then we make a nominal charge of £1 per hour thereafter.

图书管理员:对学院的学生是免费的,但是对于像您这样的外部人员,第一个小时免费,之后我们会按每小时一镑进行象征性收费。

MAN: Do I have to book in advance for them?

男人:我需要提前预定电脑吗?

LIBRARIAN: Oh, yes, it's advisable.

图书管理员:哦是的,这样比较明智。

Most people tend to book twenty-four hours in advance although sometimes you can get one with only six hours' notice.

大部分人会提前24小时预订,尽管有的时候你能提前6小时找到个电脑。

However, the earliest you can book a computer is forty-eight hours before you need it, and you can only book one hour at a time.

但是,在需要用之前你最早可以提前48小时预订电脑。一次你只能预订一个小时的。

If no-one else has booked the computer out, then you may be able to have another hour if you want.

如果没有其他人预订,之后如果你需要,你也许可以再继续用一个小时。

We have a wide range of databases, so the computers are in great demand.

我们有着各类的数据库,所以电脑的需求量很大。

MAN: I'm thinking of doing some writing and I might need to access national newspapers.

男人:我在考虑做一些写作,我可能需要国家级报纸的链接。

Do you have them on these databases?

你们的数据库里有这些吗?

LIBRARIAN: We do indeed. We've got all the big nationals, The Guardian and The Observer, The Independent and The Times and Sunday Times.

图书管理员:我们的确有。我们有所有大型的国家报纸,《卫报》、《观察家》、《独立报》、《时代》、《时代周日刊》。

We've also got all the local papers and a wide selection of magazines.

我们还有所有的本地报纸和各种杂志。

MAN: Excellent. I assume you have photocopying facilities?

男人:太棒了。我猜你们也有复印设施?

LIBRARIAN: Of course. 5p a sheet for both A4 and A3 black-and-white copies and 40p a sheet for colour.

图书管理员:当然。A4和A3尺寸黑白的5便士一张,彩色的40便士。

You can get a card from the counter here - it doesn't take coins.

你可以从这边的柜台拿一张卡,它不接受硬币。

MAN: OK. Oh by the way, another thing I was wondering about was if you ran any writing classes through the library?

男人:好的。哦顺便问一下,另一个我在考虑的事情是你们是否有任何在图书馆讲授的写作课?

LIBRARIAN: We do, but you'll have to speak to John Grantingham about that.

图书管理员:我们有的,但是你必须去找约翰葛兰汀汉姆了解这个。

He's our resident author.

他是我们的常驻作家。

He runs the creative writing classes.

他在这里运作创意写作课。

MAN: John ... Grant .... Could you spell that for me please?

男人:约翰…… 葛兰汀…… 您能帮我拼一下吗?

LIBRARIAN: Certainly. G - R - A - N - T - I - N - G - H - A - M.

图书管理员:当然。G - R - A - N - T - I - N - G - H - A – M。

MAN: Are the classes here at the library?

男人:课程是在图书馆吗?

LIBRARIAN: Yes - he's here on Thursday evenings, oh no sorry, Friday - he's just changed it.

图书管理员:是的——他周四晚上在,哦不,抱歉,周五——他刚刚改了。

You can contact him by emailing the library.

你可以通过给图书馆发电邮来联系他。

MAN: Okay. Right, well that's about all I need to know. Thank you.

男人:好的。这差不多就是所有我想知道的了。谢谢。

I'll be along later this week to join. Thanks. Bye.

我在这周晚些时候会来加入的。谢谢。再见。

下一题

剑5 undefined