首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑5 Test 4 Section 1 Q1-10
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR NUMBERS for each answer.

HOST FAMILY APPLICANT

Example
Name: Jenny Chan

Present address: Sea View Guest House, 1  
Daytime phone number: 2237676
[NB Best time to contact is 2   ]
Age: 19
Intended length of stay: 3  
Occupation while in UK: student
General level of English: 4  
Preferred location: in the 5  
Special diet: 6  
Other requirements:
own facilities
own television
7  
to be 8    
Maximum price: 9 £   a week
Preferred starting date: 10  

ADVISER: Good morning, how can I help you?

顾问:早上好,我要怎样帮你?

STUDENT: Good morning. Umm, I understand you help fix up students with host families.

学生:早上好。嗯,我知道你帮助学生解决寄宿家庭的问题。

ADVISER: That's right ... are you interested in ... ?

顾问:是的……你对这个感兴趣……?

STUDENT: Yes...

学生:是的……

ADVISER: Well please sit down and I'll just take a few details.

顾问:好的,请坐,我只需要一些细节。

STUDENT: Thank you.

学生:谢谢。

ADVISER: Right now ... what name is it?

顾问:现在…… 你的名字?

STUDENT: Jenny Chan.

学生:詹妮陈。

ADVISER: Can you spell that please?

顾问:你能拼一下吗?

STUDENT: Yes ... J-E-N-N-Y C-H-A-N.

学生:好的……J-E-N-N-Y C-H-A-N。

ADVISER: Right ... and what is your present address?

顾问:好的…… 你现在的住址是什么?

STUDENT: Sea View Guest House, 14 Hill Road.

学生:海景民宿,小山路14号。

ADVISER: OK, and do you know the phone number there?

顾问:好的,你知道那里的电话吗?

STUDENT: Yes ... I have it here, ummm ... 2237676, but I'm only there after about 7 pm.

学生:是的……我这里有,嗯…… 2237676,但是我只有晚上7点以后才在那里。

ADVISER: So when would be the best time to catch you?

顾问:那联系你的最佳时间是什么时候?

STUDENT: I suppose between 9 and let me see, half-past, before I leave for the college.

学生:我想是在9.00和9.30之间,在我去学校之前。

ADVISER: Great ... and can I ask you your age?

顾问:好的……我能问一下你的年龄吗?

STUDENT: I've just had my nineteenth birthday.

学生:我刚过完我第19个生日。

ADVISER: And how long would you want to stay with the host family?

顾问:你想在寄宿家庭住多久?

STUDENT: I'm planning on staying a year but at the moment I'm definitely here for four months only.

学生:我计划待一年,但是现在我只肯定能在这里住4个月。

I have to get an extension to my permit.

我要去延期我的居留许可。

ADVISER: You're working on it? Fine ... and what will be your occupation while you’re in the UK?

顾问:你正在努力吗?好的…… 你在英国的工作会是什么?

STUDENT: Studying English?

学生:学英语?

ADVISER: And what would you say your level of English is?

顾问:那你怎样描述你的英语水平呢?

STUDENT: Umm. Good, I think I'd like to say 'advanced' but my written work is below the level of my spoken, so I suppose it's intermediate.

学生:嗯。挺好的,我想说“高级”,但是我的写作水平低于我的口语,所以我猜是中级。

ADVISER: Certainly your spoken English is advanced.

顾问:你的口语当然是高级的。

Anyway, which area do you think you would prefer?

不管怎样,你认为你想住在哪个地区?

STUDENT: Ummm, well I'm studying right in the centre but I'd really like to live in the north-west.

学生:嗯,我在城中心学习,但是我真的很想住在西北边。

ADVISER: That shouldn't be a great problem ...we usually have lots of families up there.

顾问:这不应该是大问题…… 我们经常有很多家庭在那边。

ADVISER: And do you have any particular requirements for diet?

顾问:你对饮食有什么要求吗?

STUDENT: Well, I'm nearly a vegetarian ... not quite.

学生:我基本是个素食主义者……但也不全是。

ADVISER: Shall I say you are? It's probably easier that way.

顾问:我能就说你是吗?这样可能更方便些。

STUDENT: That would be best.

学生:那就最好了。

ADVISER: Anything about your actual room?

顾问:对你的房间有什么要求吗?

STUDENT: I would prefer my own facilities - 'en suite', is that right?

学生:我想要我自己的设施——“套间”,对吗?

And also if it's possible a TV and I'd also like the house to have a real garden rather than just a yard, somewhere I could sit and be peaceful.

还有,如果有可能,最好有电视,我还想要个花园,而不是个院子,一个我能坐下来静心的地方。

ADVISER: Is that all?

顾问:就这些吗?

STUDENT: Well ... I'm really serious about improving my English so I'd prefer to be the only guest if that's possible?

学生:那…… 我对于提高自己的英语很认真,所以如果可能的话,我想成为唯一的客人?

ADVISER: No other guests ... Yes, you get more practice that way.

顾问:没有其他的客人……是的,这样你能练得更多。

Anyway, obviously all this is partly dependent on how much you're willing to pay.

无论如何,很显然,这都部分依赖于你想付多少钱。

What did you have in mind?

你大概的想法是什么?

STUDENT: I was thinking in terms of about £60-£80 a week, but I'd go up to a hundred if it was something special.

学生:我在考虑大概60-80镑一周,但是如果有什么特别的,最高我可以付100。

ADVISER: Well I don't think we'd have any problems finding something for you.

顾问:那我觉得帮你找到适合你的房子应该没什么问题。

STUDENT: Oh, good.

学生:哦太好了。

ADVISER: And when would you want it for?

顾问:你想什么时候入住?

STUDENT: I'd like to move in approximately two weeks.

学生:我想大约在两周后搬进去。

ADVISER: Let me see, it's the 10th today ... so if we go for the Monday it's the 23rd March.

顾问:让我看看,今天是10号……所以如果我们定在周一,是3月23日。

STUDENT: Yes.

学生:好的。

ADVISER: Right ... good, and if I could ask one last question ...

顾问:好的……很好。我能再问最后一个问题……

下一题

剑5 undefined