首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑6 Test 2 Section 3 Q21-30
详解
原文
00:00
Complete the tables below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Dissertation Tutorial Record (Education)
Name: Sandy Gibbons

21  
22  
23  
24  
25  
26  
27  
28  
29  
30    

TUTOR: Hello, Sandy. How have you been getting on with your dissertation?

导师:你好,姗迪。你的毕业论文进展如何?

SANDY: Fine, and I've been working hard on the various action points we agreed on our last tutorial.

姗迪:还行,我一直在努力的完成上次课后辅导我们说好的那些任务。

TUTOR: Do you want to talk me through what you've done?

导师:你想跟我谈谈你都完成哪些了吗?

SANDY: Yeah, sure. Well, we agreed on three main targets for me to aim for.

姗迪:必须的。我们上次明确了三个主要的目标需要我来完成。

The first one was to find out about suitable data analysis software.

第一个是寻找合适的数据分析软件。

TUTOR: Yes.

导师:对。

SANDY: And what I decided to do was to look through catalogues specializing in IT.

姗迪:然后我决定的是翻阅一些专注于互联网科技方面的目录册。

TUTOR: That's a good idea. What did you come up with?

导师:这是好主意。你都得到了些什么信息?

SANDY: I found the names of two promising ones.

姗迪:我找到了两个有用的软件的名字。

TUTOR: Right.

导师:好的。

SANDY: But I also thought it'd be worthwhile talking to a lecturer.

姗迪:不过我还是觉得应该找位讲师来交流一下。

TUTOR: Oh right. Who did you see?

导师:可以啊。你去着了谁呢?

SANDY: Jane Prince. Do you know her?

姗迪:简普林斯。您知道她吗?

She's in the Computer Centre.

她在计算机中心。

TUTOR: Yes, of course, she's the new Head.

导师:知道啊,当然了,她是新任的主管。

SANDY: Yes. Well, she was very helpful.

姗迪:对。她提供的帮助非常有用。

TUTOR: Oh, that's good. Did she suggest anything in particular?

导师:不错。她有没有特别建议些什么?

SANDY: Yeah. She recommended software called Vivat and said I should book up for a couple of practice sessions using Vivat.

姗迪:有啊。她推荐了一个软件叫做维瓦特,而且她说我可以预约一些使用维瓦特软件的练习课程。

TUTOR: Great. I'm sure you'll find them useful.

导师:好极了。我确定你会觉得那些课很有用的。

SANDY: And, of course, the second target was to draw up a survey checklist which I...

姗迪:然后第二个目标是要我起草一个调查清单,我已经……

TUTOR: Yes, you emailed me it last week.

导师:是的,你上周发邮件给我了。

SANDY: Have you had a chance to look...?

姗迪:您有时间看吗……?

TUTOR: Of course, um I think it's good.

导师:当然有了,呵呵,我觉得那个清单不错。

Very much on the right lines.

主线非常明确。

I'd say your first two sections are spot on.

我得说你的前两个部分是非常到位的

I wouldn't suggest that you change anything there, but in section three you really do need to have questions on teaching experience.

前两个部分我不建议你改换任何地方,不过在第三部分你确实需要增加一些关于教学背景的问题。

SANDY: Yeah. I was thinking that section looked a bit short.

姗迪:好的。我也觉得那部分看上去有点短。

TUTOR: Right.

导师:是的。

SANDY: And my third target was, do further reading on discipline.

姗迪:我的第三个目标是关于纪律方面进行进一步的阅读。

TUTOR: Oh yes. I mentioned a couple of writers, didn't I?

导师:对。我之前提了一些作者的书对吧?

SANDY: Yes, well I got hold of the Banerjee and I thought that was excellent.

姗迪:是的,我拿到了班耐吉的书还觉得挺高兴的。

But I'm afraid I didn't manage to get hold of the essays about classroom management - you know, the ones by Simon Ericsson.

不过我恐怕拿不到西蒙埃里克森写的关于教室管理的文章了。

The bookshop said it was out of print and the library doesn't have a copy.

书店说这个已经不再版了而且图书馆也没有影印版。

TUTOR: Oh right, and I'm afraid I've lent my copy to another student.

导师:好吧,不过恐怕我已经把我的那份影印版借给其他学生了。

What I suggest you do is try the library again - this time apply for it through the service called special loans.

我能提供的建议是再试试图书馆,这次通过那个叫做特殊借阅的服务来申请。

Have you done that before?

你之前这么借过书吗?

You're entitled to six books a year.

你是可以授权每年这样节约6本书的。

SANDY: Yes. No problem. That's what I'll do.

姗迪:借过的。没问题。我回去试试。

TUTOR: So, lots of useful work done.

导师:嗯,确实做了很多有用的功课。

TUTOR: So, let's look at some new targets.

导师:现在我们来看看新的目标。

We'll start by having a chat about your Chapter One.

我们先来聊聊你的第一章节。

I very much enjoyed reading it.

我非常喜欢读这部分。

Your written style is very clear and you've included lots of interesting descriptions of education in your target area.

你的写作风格非常清晰,而且在你的目标领域你还对教育学进行了很多有趣的描述。

I've just got a couple of suggestions for some additional work.

我只对额外的一些内容有些许的建议。

SANDY: Of course. Could I just ask - what do you think I should call it?

姗迪:好的,我能不能先问一下,您觉得我应该给第一章节起个什么名字呢?

TUTOR: Well, I'd go for something like Context Review.

导师:我觉得我会把它叫做背景回顾之类的。

What do you think?

你觉得呢?

SANDY: Well, short and to the point.

姗迪:好啊,简短又切题。

TUTOR: Exactly. Now, as regards specific areas to work on, I'd be quite interested to have a few more statistics about the schools in the different zones.

导师:是的。下面,考虑到研究的特定领域,我很想得到更多的关于多种不同地区学校的数据。

SANDY: Oh, that wouldn't be a problem.

姗迪:这个不会成问题

I can get them from the Internet.

我可以从网上找到。

TUTOR: Great, and although you did make a reference to quite a few different writers, I think you should aim to cite more works written later than 2000.

导师:好极了,而且虽然你确实在参考文献中列出了一些不同的作者,不过我觉得你还应该多引用一些2000年以后出版的参考文献内容。

SANDY: OK. That's more difficult, but I can try.

姗迪:可以。这有点难度,不过我会试试看的。

When do you want that done by?

您需要什么时候完成呢?

TUTOR: Oh, it's not urgent.

导师:噢,这个不着急。

Um I should aim for the end of term.

我会把完成时间定在学期末。

But in the meantime, I think you should also be thinking about Chapter Two.

与此同时,我觉得你可以想想第二章节的事。

SANDY: Should I be drafting it already?

姗迪:我现在就该开始起草了吗?

TUTOR: No, but I think you should note down its main sections.

导师:不用,不过我觉得你应该记录下它的主要部分。

SANDY: Yes. You know, I always find that the hardest part.

姗迪:好的。您知道我一直觉得这是最难的部分。

TUTOR: I always find it helpful to put some ideas on index cards.

导师:我一直觉得把想法写在目录卡片上会很有帮助。

SANDY: Yeah.

姗迪:是的。

TUTOR: Um...and then you can sort them, and even lay them out on the floor. It's a real help.

导师:嗯......然后你可以把他们分类,甚至把他们铺在地板上。特别有用。

SANDY: Well, I'll certainly try it! When would the deadline be for that?

姗迪:好的,我会试试看的!这个的截止日期是什么时候呢?

TUTOR: My advice would be to get it done before you embark upon the research.

导师:我的建议是在你着手开始研究之前完成它。

You can always change it later if you need to.

你也可以延期如果你需要的话。

SANDY: OK. I'll get going on that then.

姗迪:好的。那我开始做吧。

下一题

剑6 undefined