WOMAN: Good morning. How can I help you?
女:早上好。有什么可以帮您?
MAN: Hello. I'm interested in renting a house somewhere in the town.
男:你好。我想在城里租间房。
WOMAN: Right. Could I have your name please?
女:好的。请问您叫什么名字?
MAN: Yes, it's Steven Godfrey.
男:我叫史蒂夫·戈弗雷。
WOMAN: And tell me how many bedrooms you're looking for.
女:您想租几间卧室的呢?
MAN: Well, we'd need four, because I'm going to share the house with three friends.
男:我们需要四间卧室,因为我打算和我三个朋友合租。
WOMAN: Okay, there are several of that size on our books.
女:好的,我们这里有一些这样的房源。
They mostly belong to families who are working abroad at the moment. What about the location?
户主基本都是在国外工作的。地点有什么要求吗?
MAN: It'd be nice to be central.
男:在市中心最好了。
WOMAN: That might be difficult, as most houses of that size are in the suburbs.
女:这可能有点困难,这么大的房子基本都在郊区。
Still, there are a few.
但我们还是有一些这样的房子。
What's your upper limit for the rent?
你们的租房预算上限是多少?
MAN: We'd like something around £500 a month, but we could go up to £600 if we have to.
男:我们希望月租在500英镑左右,但看情况也可以到600。
But we can't go beyond that.
不能超过这个数了。
WOMAN: Do you know how long you want to rent the house for?
女:你打算租多长时间呢?
The minimum let is six months, as you probably realise.
我们这儿最少租期是6个月,这个您应该了解。
MAN: We're at college here for two years, and we don't want to have to move during that time if we can avoid it.
男:我们要在这儿上两年大学,而且不到迫不得已我们也不想搬来搬去的。
WOMAN: Right. And how soon do you want to move in?
女:好的。你们想多快住进去呢?
All our lets start on the first of the month.
我们这儿都是每个月第一天开始算租期的。
MAN: Well, as soon as possible, really, so that means September 1st.
男:当然越快越好了。所以那就是9月1号了。
WOMAN: Okay, let me have a look at what we've got ....
女:好的,我来看看我们这儿有什么……
We have photographs of all the houses on our books, so you can get an idea of what they're like.
我们的册子上有房子的照片,你可以看看它们的样子。
There's this one in Oakington Avenue, at £550 a month.
在奥金顿大道上有一栋房子,月租是550英镑。
Combined living room and dining room, with a separate kitchen.
包括客厅饭厅,有单独的厨房。
It doesn't have a garage, though you can park in the road.
不带车库,不过路边就可以停车。
MAN: Ah, we'd prefer to have one, if possible.
男:呃,最好是有车库的。
WOMAN: Right. Then have a look at this house, in Mead Street.
女:好的。那看看这栋房子吧,在米德大街上。
It's got a very large living room and kitchen, bathroom, cloakroom ...
客厅很大,有厨房、浴室、衣帽间……
MAN: How much is it?
男:这个多少钱?
WOMAN: That one's 580. It's very well furnished and equipped.
女:这个是580。这套是精装修的,设施也齐全。
It also has plenty of space for parking, and it's available for a minimum of a year.
这里也有足够的空间停车。这套房至少可以租一年。
Oh, and there's a big garden.
对了,它还带一个大花园。
MAN: I don't think we could cope with that, to be honest.
男:老实说,这个我们估计应付不了。
We'll be too busy to look after it.
我们都很忙,没时间照看花园。
WOMAN: Okay. Then there's this older house in Hamilton Road: living room, kitchen-diner, and it has a study.550 a month.
女:好的。在汉密尔顿路上有一套旧一点的,有客厅,厨房和餐厅在一起,然后有一个书房。月租550。
MAN: That looks rather nice. But whereabouts in Hamilton Road?
男:这套看上去还行。是在汉密尔顿路什么位置啊?
WOMAN: Towards the western end.
女:在西头。
MAN: Oh, that'll be very noisy. I know the area.
男:哦,那边好吵啊。我知道那块儿。
WOMAN: Yes, it's pretty lively. Some people like it, though.
女:是的,很有生活气息。有些人就喜欢这样的。
Well, what about this house in Devon Close?
好吧,这套德文巷的房子怎么样?
MAN: That looks lovely.
男:看上去不错啊。
WOMAN: There's a big demand for houses in that area, so prices tend to be quite high.
女:那一带租房的人多,所以租金会偏高一些。
But this one hasn't been decorated for a few years, which has kept the rent down a bit.
但这套房好几年没有翻修了,所以租金会低一些。
It's got a living room, dining room and small kitchen, and it's 595 a month.
房子里有客厅、饭厅和一个小厨房,月租是595.
I think it would suit you, from what you've said.
我觉得这套挺适合你的。
MAN: It sounds fine.
男:听上去不错。
下一题
剑8 undefined