首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑8 Test 4 Section 3 Q23-24
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A-E.


Which TWO reasons does Jeannie give for deciding to leave some college clubs?

A

She is not sufficiently challenged.

B

The activity interferes with her studies.

C

She does not have enough time.

D

The activity is too demanding physically.

E

She does not think she is any good at the activity.

DAN: Hi Jeannie. How's it going?

丹:嗨,珍妮!还好吗?

JEANNIE: Oh, hello Dan. Pretty well, thanks.

珍妮:噢,你好啊,丹。我挺好的,谢谢。

Have you managed to get the money for the course yet?

你报课程的钱到位了吗?

DAN: Yes, that's all sorted out now, thanks.

丹:是的,总算都搞定了,谢谢。

It took long enough, though.

就是太费时间了。

It was practically a year ago that I applied to my local council for a grant, and it took them six months to turn me down.

我严格来说在一年前就开始向我们当地的议政厅申请补助金了,然后6个月之后他们才告诉我说不行。

JEANNIE: That's really slow.

珍妮:这真是太慢了。

DAN: And I thought I was eligible for government funding, but it seems I was mistaken.

丹:当时我以为自己没有资格申请政府资助,但后来发现不对劲。

So then I asked the boss of the company I used to work for if they would sponsor me, and much to my surprise, he said they'd make a contribution.

然后我就去找我之前公司的老总问问他能不能给我提供一些资助,结果他居然说可以提供一部分帮助。

JEANNIE: But what about college grants and scholarships?

珍妮:那学校的助学金和奖学金呢?

There must be some you could apply for.

肯定有什么你可以申请的吧。

DAN: Yes, there are, but they're all so small that I decided to leave them until I was desperate.

丹:是有啊,但金额都很小了,所以我决定不到最后时刻不去申请这些了。

JEANNIE: Uhuh.

珍妮:好吧。

DAN: And in fact I didn't need to apply.

丹:其实我也用不着申请。

My parents had been saying that as I already had a job, I ought to support myself through college.

我父母之前跟我说既然我已经有工作了,就应该自己承担大学的费用。

But in the end they took pity on me, so now I've just about got enough.

但结果他们还是心存怜悯决定帮我一把,所以我基本上快凑够钱了。

JEANNIE: That's good.

珍妮:好极了。

DAN: So now I can put a bit of effort into meeting people - I haven't had time so far. Any suggestions?

丹:所以接下来我就可以开始有点时间去认识新朋友了。有什么建议吗?

JEANNIE: What about joining some college clubs?

珍妮:你可以加入一些学校的社团。

DAN: Oh right. You joined several didn't you?

丹:对呀。你好像加入了好几个社团吧?

JEANNIE: Yes, I'm in the drama club.

珍妮:是的,我在戏剧社团。

It's our first performance next week, so we're rehearsing frantically, and I've got behind with my work, but it's worth it.

下周是我们的首演,所以最近我们在疯狂的排练;我的功课都落下了一截,不过还是值了。

I'm hoping to be in the spring production, too.

我希望还能在春季舞台剧里面出现呢。

DAN: I've never liked acting.

丹:我一直对表演不太感兴趣。

Are you doing anything else?

你还加入了些其他什么社团吗?

JEANNIE: I enjoyed singing when I was at school, so I joined a group when I came to college.

珍妮:我在中学的时候很喜欢唱歌,所以我进大学的时候就加入了一个歌唱社团。

I don't think the conductor stretches us enough, though so I'll give up after the next concert.

但我觉得这个负责人并不能给我们太多的发展,所以我已经决定在下一次音乐会之后退出了。

And I also joined the debating society.

然后我还加入了辩论社团。

It's fun, but with all the rehearsing I'm doing, something has to go, and I'm afraid that's the one.

这个挺有意思的,但我现在的排练太耗精力了,我只能先牺牲一下辩论这边了。

DAN: Do you do any sports?

丹:你参加什么体育活动吗?

JEANNIE: Yes, I'm in one of the hockey teams.

珍妮:有啊,我加入了学校的曲棍球队。

I'm not very good, but I'd really miss it if I stopped.

我打得不好,如果我不参加了我肯定会非常怀念。

I decided to try tennis when I came to college, and I'm finding it pretty tough going.

刚来大学的时候我本打算试试练网球,后来发现太难了。

I'm simply not fit enough.

我身体条件不够好。

DAN: Nor me. I think I'll give that a miss!

丹:我也是。那个也不适合我。

JEANNIE: I'm hoping it'll help me to build up my stamina, but it'll probably be a long haul.

珍妮:我希望这能锻炼我的耐力,不过这估计还早着呢。

DAN: Good luck.

丹:那就祝你好运吧。

JEANNIE: Thanks.

珍妮:谢谢。

DAN: How are you finding the course?

丹:你觉得这课程怎么样?

JEANNIE: I wish we had more seminars.

珍妮:要是研讨会多一些就好了。

DAN: What? I'd have thought we had more than enough already.

丹:不是吧?我觉得已经够多了。

All those people saying clever things that I could never think of- it's quite interesting, but I wonder if I'm clever enough to be doing this course.

听一些牛人聊一些我死都想不出来的东西是挺有意思,不过我觉得我自己太笨了,不知道自己能不能完成这个课程啊。

JEANNIE: I find it helpful to listen to the other people.

珍妮:我觉得多听听别人的想法很有帮助。

I like the way we're exploring the subject, and working towards getting insight into it.

我喜欢这种一起探究课题,逐渐形成自己的理解的方式。

DAN: How do you get on with your tutor?

丹:你和辅导员相处得还好吗?

I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as mine, so I feel I'm not getting anything out of the tutorials.

我和我的辅导员就不在一个频道上,我觉得从辅导课上学不到什么。

It would be more productive to read a book instead.

还不如自己看书呢。

JEANNIE: Oh, mine's very demanding.

珍妮:好吧。我的辅导员要求很严格。

She gives me lots of feedback and advice, so I've got much better at writing essays.

她给了我很多反馈和建议,所以我的论文写作比以前好多了。

And she's helping me plan my revision for the end-of-year exams.

她还帮我做年末考试的复习规划呢。

DAN: Do tell me, I always struggle with revision.

丹:快跟我说说吧,我总是不知道怎么复习。

下一题

剑8 undefined