WOMAN: Hello, West Bay Hotel. Can I help you?
女:您好,这里是西岸宾馆。有什么可以帮您?
MAN: Oh, good morning. I'm ringing about your advertisement in the Evening Gazette.
男:噢,早上好。我是想问一问你们在《晚报》上的广告。
WOMAN: Is that the one for temporary staff?
女:是招聘临时员工的那个吗?
MAN: That's right.
男:是的。
WOMAN: Yes. I'm afraid the person who's dealing with that isn't in today, but I can give you the main details if you like.
女:好的。负责这件事情的人今天不在,不过如果您愿意的话您可以跟我说。
MAN: Yes please. Could you tell me what kind of staff you are looking for?
男:好的,谢谢。您能不能告诉我你们在招什么样的员工呢?
WOMAN: We're looking for waiters at the moment.
女:我们目前在招的是服务员。
There was one post for a cook, but that's already been taken.
之前有一个厨师的岗位,不过已经有人应聘了。
MAN: Oh right. Erm, what are the hours of work?
男:好的。嗯,工作时长是多少呢?
WOMAN: There are two different shifts - there's a day shift from 7 to 2 and a late shift from 4 till 11.
女:我们这儿是两班倒。日班是早7点到下午2点,夜班是下午4点到晚上11点。
MAN: And can people choose which one they want to do?
男:这个可以选吗?
WOMAN: Not normally, because everyone would choose the day shift I suppose.
女:一般是不能选的,不然估计大家都会选日班吧。
You alternate from one week to another.
我们每周轮换一次。
MAN: Okay. I'm just writing all this down. What about time off?
男:好的,我把这些记下来。那休息呢?
WOMAN: You get one day off and I think you can negotiate which one you want, it's more or less up to you.
女:我们一周休一天,你可以协商具体休哪天,这基本按照你的意愿。
But it has to be the same one every week.
但你每周都得休同一天。
MAN: Do you know what the rates of pay are?
男:您知道薪酬的情况吗?
WOMAN: Yes, I've got them here.
女:我这里有。
You get £5.50 an hour, and that includes a break.
一小时5.5英镑,中间还包括短暂休息。
MAN: Do I have to go home to eat or ...
男:我是得回家吃饭还是……
WOMAN: You don't have to. You can get a meal in the hotel if you want to, and here's no charge for it so you might as well.
女:不需要。如果愿意的话你可以在酒店吃,是免费的。
MAN: Oh good. Yes, so let's see.
男:噢,太好了。让我们来算一下。
I'd get er, two hundred and twenty one, no, two hundred and thirty one pounds a week?
我一周应该能拿到两百二十一,不对,两百三十一英镑对吗?
WOMAN: You'd also get tips - our guests tend to be quite generous.
女:还有小费呢。我们这儿的顾客一般都比较大方。
MAN: Erm, is there a uniform? What about clothes?
男:呃,那衣着方面呢?需要穿工服吗?
WOMAN: Yes, I forgot to mention that.
女:是的,我忘了说了。
You need to wear a white shirt, just a plain one, and dark trousers.
你需要穿白衬衫,没有花纹的那种,还有深色裤子。
You know, not green or anything like that.
不要绿色或其他颜色的。
And we don't supply those.
这些我们都不提供。
MAN: That's okay, I've got trousers, I'd just have to buy a couple of shirts.
男:没问题,我有黑裤子,我只需要买几件衬衣就好了。
What about anything else? Do I need a waistcoat or anything?
其他的呢?我需要穿马甲吗?
WOMAN: You have to wear a jacket, but the hotel lends you that.
女:你要穿夹克。酒店会借给你。
MAN: I see. Er, one last thing - I don't know what the starting date is.
男:知道了。呃,最后一件事情,工作什么时候开始呢?
WOMAN: Just a minute, I think it's some time around the end of June.
女:稍等一下,我记得大概是在6月底。
Yes, the 28th, in time for the summer.
对了,6月28号,赶在夏天前。
MAN: That's great. I'm available from the 10th.
男:太好了。我10号之后都可以。
WOMAN: Oh good. Well, if you can call again you need to speak to the Service Manager.
女:好的。您需要再打电话过来和客服经理谈一下。
Her name's Jane Urwin, that's U-R-W-I-N, and she'll probably arrange to meet you.
她的名字叫简·埃尔文,是U-R-W-I-N,她应该会安排一次面试。
MAN: Okay. And when's the best time to ring?
男:好的。什么时候打电话比较方便呢?
WOMAN: Could you call tomorrow? Urn, she usually starts checking the rooms at midday, so before then if you can, so she'll have more time to chat.
女:明天行吗?她一般中午开始查房,所以如果您赶在那之前打电话,她应该会更有时间聊。
I'll just give you her number because she's got a direct line.
我把她的电话给你吧,她有专线。
MAN: Thanks.
男:谢谢。
WOMAN: It's 832 double-0 9.
女:号码是832009.
MAN: 823 double-0 9?
男:是823009吗?
WOMAN: 832.
女:832.
MAN: Oh, okay. Yes, I'll do that.
男:噢,好的。我明天会打电话。
WOMAN: And by the way, she will ask you for a reference, so you might like to be thinking about that.
女:顺便说一下,她会要你提供一个推荐人,所以你最好琢磨琢磨。
You know, just someone who knows you and can vouch for you.
就是认识你然后能为你担保的人。
MAN: Yes, no problem. Well, thanks very much for your help.
男:好的,没问题。太感谢了!
WOMAN: You're welcome. Bye.
女:不客气。再见。
MAN: Bye.
男:再见。
下一题
剑8 undefined