首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑5 Test 1 Section 3 Q21-23
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-23
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.


21 Andrew has worked at the hospital for

A

two years.

B

three years.

C

five years.

22 During the course Andrew's employers will pay

A

his fees.

B

his living costs.

C

his salary.

23 The part-time course lasts for

A

one whole year.

B

18 months.

C

two years.

ANDREW: Excuse me, I was told to come here for advice about, erm, Management Diploma courses?

安德鲁:打扰一下,别人告诉我到这里来是不是可以获得有关管理学文凭课程的建议?

MONICA: You've certainly come to the right place.

莫妮卡:您当然来对了地方。

Hi, my name is Monica.

您好,我是莫妮卡。

ANDREW: Nice to meet you.

安德鲁:很高兴见到您。

My name is Andrew, Andrew Harris.

我的名字叫安德鲁,安德鲁哈里斯。

MONICA: So, Andrew, have you seen our diploma course prospectus yet?

莫妮卡:那么,安德鲁,您有没有看过我们的文凭课程说明手册呢?

ANDREW: Yes, I've already looked at it.

安德鲁:是的,我已经看过了。

In fact, I thought the information on course content was really useful, but I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by all the different ways you can do the course: full-time intensive, part-time and so on.

实际上,我觉得有关课程内容的信息十分有用,但是我被各种上课的方式搞的有点迷惑了:脱产密集型,兼职等等。

MONICA: Well, let's see if I can help.

莫妮卡:那么,让我来看看能不能帮助您。

I think each course type has its advantages and disadvantages, so it really depends on you - your own study habits, and your financial circumstances, of course.

我想,每种课程类型都有它的优点和不足,所以这真的取决于您——您自己的学习习惯,当然还有您的财务情况。

Are you working at the moment?

您现在在工作吗?

ANDREW: Yes. I've been working in the administration section of the local hospital for the last three years.

安德鲁:是的。在过去的三年里,我一直在本地医院的行政部门工作。

And before that I worked in the office of a computer engineering company for two years.

在此之前,我在一家电脑工程公司工作了两年。

So, I've got about five years of relevant work experience.

所以,我总共有大约5年的相关工作经验。

And what I'm hoping to focus on is Personnel Management.

我现在想把重点放在人力管理上。

MONICA: I see. And are you planning to leave your current job to study, or are you thinking about just taking a year off?

莫妮卡:我明白了。您现在计划离职来学习,还是考虑停休一年假呢?

ANDREW: I want to know what my options are, really.

安德鲁:我真的想知道我的选择有什么。

I don't want to quit my job or anything and my employers are keen for me to get some more qualifications but obviously, it would be better if I could do a course without taking too much time away from work.

我不想离开我的工作或者怎样,我的老板积极地让我拿到更多的资格证,但是显然,如果我能在上课的同时不占用太多工作的时间,那会更妥当些。

MONICA: Right, so you don't really want to do the full-time course, then?

莫妮卡:好的,那所以你不太想上脱产的课程?

ANDREW: No, not really. It's also a question of finances.

安德鲁:不,不是很想。这也是一个钱的问题。

You see, my office have agreed to pay the cost of the course itself, but I would have to take unpaid leave if I want to study full-time and, well, I don't think I could afford to support myself with no salary for a whole year.

你看,我的办公室同意支付我课程的学费,但是如果我想学脱产的课,我就必须要停薪留职,但是,我觉得我不太可能在一整年没有薪水的情况下养活自己。

MONICA: OK. Well, you have two other possibilities: you could either do the part-time course - that would be over two years and you wouldn't have to take any time off work - or you could do what we call a 'modular' course.

莫妮卡:好的。那您还有另两个选择:您既可以参加兼职课程——为期两年,这个不需要您请任何假——或者您也可以参加被我们叫做“模块式的课程”。

You could do that in eighteen months if you wanted - or longer, it's quite flexible and it would be up to you.

如果您想,您可以在18个月内完成——也可以更久,这个比较灵活,全都看您。

ANDREW: Mmm. So what does the part-time course involve?

安德鲁:好的。兼职的课程都包括什么呢?

MONICA: For that you would join an evening class and have a lecture twice a week.

莫妮卡:对于这个,您需要参加一个晚课,并且每周上两次讲座。

Then, you'd have to attend a seminar or discussion workshop one weekend a month.

之后,每月有一个周末,您必须要参加一个研讨会或者讨论课。

ANDREW: What kind of coursework would I have to do?

安德鲁:我会做哪类的作业呢?

MONICA: Well, it's a mixture.

莫妮卡:什么都有。

You'd be expected to write an essay each month, which counts towards your final assessment.

每月您需要完成一篇论文,这会和您的最终测试挂钩。

You have a case study to do by the end of the course, which might involve doing a survey or something like that, and also you need to hand in a short report every four weeks.

课程结束的时候要完成一个案例研究,里面可能会包含调查一类的内容,然后,你还要每四周提交一份简短的报告。

ANDREW: So, that's quite a lot of work, then, on top of working every day.

安德鲁:所以,除了每天的工作,作业还挺多的。

It sounds like a lot of studying - and really tiring.

听起来学习的量很大——很累。

MONICA: Yes, you certainly wouldn't have much free time!

莫妮卡:是的,这样您就不会有太多休息的时间了!

下一题

剑5 undefined