ANDREW: What about the 'modular' course?
德鲁:那个“模块式课程”怎样?
What would I have to do for that?
按那个课程我需要做些什么?
MONICA: That's where you get the opportunity to study full-time for short periods.
莫妮卡:在这个课程里,您有机会在若干较短的周期内内进行脱产的学习。
That way you can cover a lot of coursework and attend lectures and seminars during the day.
这样可以覆盖很多课程作业,并且可以在白天参加讲座和研讨会。
And each module lasts for one term, say, about twelve weeks at a time.
每个模块时长一学期,也就是一次大约12周。
There are obvious advantages in this - the main one being that you can study in a much more intensive way, which suits some people much better.
这样有着明显的优势——最主要的是您可以更紧凑的学习,这样更适合某些人。
ANDREW: And how many of these 'modules' would I have to do to get the diploma?
安德鲁:要得到这个文凭,我要学多少个模块?
MONICA: The current programme is two modules - and then you have to choose a topic to work in more depth - but you can base that on your job, and so you don't need to be away from the office, and how long it takes is up to you.
莫妮卡:目前的项目是两个模块——之后您需要选择一个课题深入研究——但是这个可以是基于您的工作的,所以您不需要离开办公室,至于需要多久就看您的安排了。
The important thing is that you don't have to study and work.
重要的是您不需要同时又工作又学习。
You can focus on one thing at a time.
您可以一次专注于一件事。
ANDREW: Yes, I can see that.
安德鲁:是的,我也发现了。
It certainly sounds attractive!
这个的确听起来很有吸引力!
It would be more expensive, though.
但是也更贵些。
I mean, I'd have to support myself without pay for each module.
我的意思是,每个模块上课期间,我不挣钱还要养活自己。
MONICA: That's true, so that might be a problem for you.
莫妮卡:的确是这样,这对于您可能是个问题。
Look, why don't you talk this over with your employers and ...
看,您为什么不和您的老板商量一下呢……
下一题
剑5 undefined