LIBRARIAN: Good afternoon. Can I help you?
图书管理员:下午好。我有什么能够帮你的?
STUDENT: Good afternoon. Yes, I've just transferred to the School of Education, and I'd like information about joining the library.
学生:下午好。我刚刚转到教育学院,我想了解一下这里的图书馆方面的信息。
LIBRARIAN: Well, the School of Education has libraries on two sites, as I'm sure you know.
图书管理员:好的,教育学院的图书馆在两边的校区都有,我想你应该知道的。
This one here is the Fordham Site, and the other is on Castle Road.
这边这个叫做福特汉姆图书馆,另外那个叫做城堡路图书馆。
STUDENT: And is there any difference between the two libraries?
学生:这两个图书馆都有哪些区别呢?
LIBRARIAN: Not in terms of their facilities.
图书管理员:设施方面没什么区别的。
Access to online databases and the Internet is available at both sites and each site has a range of reference materials on education.
两边图书馆都可以使用在线的数据库而且都有网络,两个图书馆也都有教育学方面的参考文献资料。
STUDENT: Oh yes. I see.
学生:好的。我了解了。
LIBRARIAN: But the Castle Road site has books on the sociology of education and a collection of textbooks and teaching resources covering most of the subjects taught in secondary schools.
图书管理员:不过城堡路那边有教育社会学书籍以及一系列的课本和教学资源,涵盖了中学大部分学科。
STUDENT: Ah, right, but I'm training to be a primary teacher so I need to look at materials for the five to eleven age group.
学生:噢,好的,不过我在这接受培训是要做一个小学老师,所以我需要翻阅从5岁到11岁这个年龄组别的相关资料。
LIBRARIAN: Then you've come to the right place.
图书管理员:那你算是来对地方了。
At Fordham we hold material relating to primary education, as well as special needs, but of course you'll need to familiarise yourself with both sites to make the most of our resources.
图书管理员:那你算是来对地方了,在福特汉姆图书馆我们拥有小学教育的相关资料,也有特殊需求学生的相关教学资料,不过你当然还是要熟悉这两边的图书馆好让你更充分的使用我们的资源。
STUDENT: You haven't mentioned periodicals.
学生:您还没有提及期刊方面的事。
Are they held at both sites?
两边图书馆都有吗?
LIBRARIAN: Current issues, yes but if you want to look at back issues you'll need to use the CD-ROM databases which are held here at Fordham.
图书管理员:现期刊物两个图书馆都有,不过你如果需要翻阅往期刊物的话你就得使用福特汉姆这里的CD光盘数据库了。
STUDENT: I see. Now, about borrowing books.
学生:好的。然后关于借阅书籍的事。
I'm living out of town, so I'm hoping I can borrow quite a few items, and cut down on the number of trips I have to make.
我住在城外,所以我希望一次能够多借几本书,减少我来回借书的次数。
LIBRARIAN: Right, well, members can borrow two books at a time from each site.
图书管理员:好的,会员在每个图书馆每次可以借两本书。
STUDENT: Only two books?
学生:只能借两本书?
LIBRARIAN: Only two from each site, but that's four altogether.
图书管理员:每个图书馆只能借两本,不过加起来是四本书。
STUDENT: Oh I see, and how long can I hang on to them for?
学生:噢,好的,然后我能借多长时间呢?
LIBRARIAN: The borrowing period is one month, but of course books can be renewed.
图书管理员:借阅期是一个月时间,不过书还可以续借。
You can renew any item a maximum of three times.
你可以续借任何书籍最多三次。
STUDENT: Do I have to come to the library to do that?
学生:我需要来图书馆进行续借吗?
LIBRARIAN: No, you can do it by telephone or email, but you can't renew overdue books this way, only before or on the due date stamped in the book.
图书管理员:不用,你可以打电话或者发邮件续借书籍,不过已经逾期的书籍就不能这样续借了,必须是书籍到期之前或者书上印着的到期日当天进行续借。
We'll need your full name, your borrower number and the name of the site library you borrowed the items from.
我们需要你的全名,还有你的会员号码,以及你是从哪个图书馆借的书。
STUDENT: So theoretically I can borrow books for up to three months - is that what you're saying?
学生:所以理论上这些书我可以借上三个月的时间,您是这意思吧?
LIBRARIAN: Yes, provided they're not recalled.
图书管理员:是的,前提是这些书没有被召回。
STUDENT: So, what happens then?
学生:那样的话会怎样呢?
LIBRARIAN: Well, sometimes an item is requested by another borrower, in which case we'd send you a letter, and you'd have to return the book within seven working days.
图书管理员:是这样的,有时候还有别的会员也想借这本书,这种情况下我们会给你发一封信,然后你得在7个工作日之内把书还回来。
Don't forget we're closed on Sundays.
另外不要忘记我们周日是不开门的。
STUDENT: OK.
学生:好的。
下一题
剑6 undefined