首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑6 Test 1 Section 3
详解
原文
00:00
Question 21
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.


21 What is Brian going to do before the course starts?

A

attend a class

B

write a report

C

read a book

Questions 22-25
Complete the table below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
22  
23  
24  
25  
Questions 26-30
Complete the summary below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.

 
Business Centre
The Business Resource Centre contains materials such as books and manuals to be used for training. It is possible to hire 26   and 27   . There are materials for working on study skills (e.g. 28   ) and other subjects include finance and 29   .

30   membership costs £50 per year.

SECTION 3

TUTOR: Hello, can I help you?

指导老师:你好,我有什么能帮你吗?

BRIAN: I was told to come here, because I'd like to talk to someone about taking a management course.

布莱恩:我是被告知来这里的,因为我想和这里的某个人讨论下关于参加一门管理课程方面的事。

TUTOR: Right. I'm one of the tutors, so I should be able to help you.

指导老师:好的。我是指导老师之一,所以我应该能够帮到你。

BRIAN: Oh, good. My name's Brian Ardley.

布莱恩:哦,好的。我名字是布莱恩阿德利。

I've decided to enroll on a part-time management course.

我决定了报名参加一个兼职的管理课程。

A friend of mine took one last year, and recommended it to me.

我的一个朋友去年参加了一个,然后把这个课程推荐给了我。

TUTOR: Right.

指导老师:好的。

BRIAN: Is there anything I should do before the course, like reading or anything?

布莱恩:课前我需要做些什么吗,比如读些什么或者做点什么?

TUTOR: We prefer to integrate reading with the course, so we don't give out a reading list in advance.

指导老师:我们倾向于将阅读整合在课程当中,所以课前我们并不会给出一个书单。

But we like people to write a case study, describing an organization they know.

但我们希望人们可以写一个案例分析,描述他们知道的一个组织机构。

BRIAN: I've already done that, my friends told me you wanted one.

布莱恩:这个我已经写好了,我朋友说你们想看这个。

But would it be possible to sit in on a teaching session, to see what it's like?

有没有可能旁听一节教学课程呢?我想看看课堂内的样子。

I haven't been a student for quite a while.

我已经很长时间没当过学生了。

TUTOR: Fine. Just let me know which date, and I'll arrange it with the tutor.

指导老师:好的。只要告诉我哪天就行,我会跟当天的指导老师安排这个事。

BRIAN: Now, could I ask you about the college facilities, please?

布莱恩:那么我能问问你学校的有关设施吗?

TUTOR: Anything in particular?

指导老师:有具体的方面吗?

BRIAN: Well, the course is one day a week, all day, isn't it?

布莱恩:是这样,课程是每周上一天,全天,对吧?

So presumably it's possible to buy food?

所以我觉得应该可以买到食物吧?

TUTOR: Yes, the refectory's open all day.

指导老师:是的,校餐厅全天开放。

BRIAN: Does it cater for special diets? I have some food allergies.

布莱恩:餐厅能够迎合特殊饮食吗?我有食物过敏。

TUTOR: Provided you warn the refectory in advance, it won't be a problem.

指导老师:只要你提前通知餐厅就行,没什么问题。

BRIAN: Good. What about facilities for young children?

布莱恩:好的。有小孩子相关的设施吗?

I'd like to bring my daughter here while I'm studying.

我学习的时候想带我女儿来。

TUTOR: How old is she?

指导老师:她多大了呢?

BRIAN: Three.

布莱恩:三岁。

TUTOR: Then she's eligible to join the nursery, which is supervised by a qualified Nursery Nurse.

指导老师:那么她是适合来我们托儿所的,这里是由具备认证资质的护理人员管理的。

The waiting list for a place is quite long though, so you ought to apply now.

不过排队的人挺多的,所以你最好现在就申请。

BRIAN: OK.

布莱恩:好的。

TUTOR: I don't know if our careers advice service would be of any interest to you?

指导老师:我想问问你是否对我们的职业规划服务感兴趣呢?

BRIAN: yes, it might help me decide how to develop my career after the course.

布莱恩:是的,这可能会对我在结课后该确定如何发展事业有帮助。

TUTOR: The centre has a lot of reference materials, and staff qualified to give guidance on a one-to-one basis.

指导老师:中心有很多的参考文献资料,而且员工也都具备资质来提供一对一的指导。

BRIAN: I noticed a fitness centre next to the college.

布莱恩:我注意到大学附近有健身房。

Is that for students?

是给学生用的吗?

TUTOR: It's open to everyone, but students pay an annual fee that's much less than the general public pay.

指导老师:那个是对公众开放的,但学生花费的年费比普通公众少很多。

BRIAN: And presumably the college library stocks newspapers and journals, as well as books?

布莱恩:学校图书馆是不是有很多报纸、期刊以及书籍呢?

TUTOR: Yes, and there's also an audio-visual room, for viewing and listening to videos, cassettes, and so on.

指导老师:是啊,而且还有一个视听室用来观看或者收听视频、磁带等等。

BRIAN: Is there also access to computers?

布莱恩:那里有电脑使用吗?

TUTOR: Yes, your tutor will need to arrange with the technical support team for you to get a password, so ask him or her about it when you start the course.

指导老师:有的,你的导师需要和技术支持团队一起为你安排一个密码,所以开课后你问他/她就行。

BRIAN: OK.

布莱恩:好的。

TUTOR: By the way, do you know about our Business Centre?

指导老师:顺便问一下,你知道我们的商务中心吗?

BRIAN: No.

布莱恩:不知道啊。

What's that?

那是什么?

TUTOR: It's a training resource - a collection of materials for people to study on their own, or use in their own organizations.

指导老师:是一个培训资料库,有一系列的资料供人们自学或为他们的公司所用。

BRIAN: Uhuh. You mean books and videos?

布莱恩:嗯。你指的是书和视频之类的吗?

TUTOR: Yes, and manuals for self-study.

指导老师:是的,还有自学手册。

Plus a lot of computer-based materials, so people can work through them at their own speed, and repeat anything they aren't sure about.

除此之外电脑上还有很多资料,所以人们可以通过这些资料按照自己的节奏学习,还能够随时复习不确定的部分。

And you can hire laptops to use in your own home or workplace as well as printers that you can take away.

你还可以从这租借笔记本电脑带回家或者单位使用,还有打印机也可以拿走。

BRIAN: Does it have anything that I could use to improve my study skills?

布莱恩:有什么可以让我提高学习技巧的东西吗?

I don't have much idea about report writing, and I'm sure I'll need it on the course.

我不是很了解报告写作,而且我觉得课上肯定会用到。

TUTOR: Oh yes, there's plenty of useful material. Just ask one of the staff.

指导老师:有啊,那有很多有用的资料。咨询员工就行。

BRIAN: Does the centre cover all the main areas of business?

布莱恩:这个商务中心能够涵盖到商业的全部主要领域吗?

TUTOR: Yes, topics like finance, and of course marketing - that's a popular one.

指导老师:是的,比如金融,当然还有市场营销——非常受欢迎的一个学科。

Local managers seem to queue up to borrow the videos!

本地的经理人似乎都要排队来借阅录像!

BRIAN: So it isn't just for students, then?

布莱恩:那么这个只是供学生使用的吗?

TUTOR: No, it's for members only, but anyone can join.

指导老师:不是的,中心只对会员开放,不过任何人都可以加入会员。

BRIAN: How much does it cost?

布莱恩:会费多少钱呢?

TUTOR: £100 a year for a company, and £50 for an individual, with no discount for students, I'm afraid.

指导老师:以公司为单位的话会费是100英镑,个人申请是50镑,学生的话恐怕没有优惠。

BRIAN: That's very helpful. Well, I think that's all.

布莱恩:这些信息很有帮助。我想应该没别的要问了。

I'd better go home and fill in the enrolment form.

我最好现在就回家把报名表填了。

Thanks for all your help.

感谢你的帮助。

TUTOR: You're welcome. Goodbye.

指导老师:不客气。再见。

BRIAN: Goodbye.

布莱恩:再见。

上一题

剑6 Test 1 Section 2

下一题

剑6 Test 1 Section 4