首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑8 Test 2 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-3
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

 
Total Insurance Incident Report

Example
Name Michael Alexander

Address 24 Manly Street, 1   , Sydney
Shipping agent 2  
Place of origin China
Date of arrival 3  
Reference number 601 ACK
Questions 4-10
Complete the table below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

4  
5  
6  
7  
8  
9  
10  

SECTION 1

JUDY: Good morning. Total Insurance.

茱迪:早上好!这里是TOTAL保险公司。

Judy speaking, how may I help you?

我是茱迪,请问有什么可以帮您?

MICHAEL: I recently shipped my belongings from overseas back here to Australia and I took out insurance with your company.

迈克尔:最近从海外寄了一些东西来澳大利亚,当时我购买了你们公司的保险。

Some items were damaged during the move so I need to make a claim.

我寄的东西有一些在运送过程中损坏了,所以我现在要申请理赔。

What do I have to do?

有哪些手续要办呢?

JUDY: Okay, well first I need to get a few details about this.

茱迪:好的。我先来核对一些具体信息。

Can you give me your name please?

请问您的姓名是?

MICHAEL: Yes. It's Michael Alexander.

迈克尔:好的。迈克尔·亚历山大。

JUDY: Okay. And your address please?

茱迪:好的。请问您的住址是?

MICHAEL: My old address or my current one?

迈克尔:是我的旧住址还是现在的?

JUDY: Your current one.

茱迪:现在的。

MICHAEL: It's 24 Manly Street, Milperra near Sydney.

迈克尔:在悉尼边上,米尔佩拉,曼利街24号。

JUDY: What was the suburb, sorry?

茱迪:是什么地方来着?

MICHAEL: Milperra. M-I-L-P-E-R-R-A.

迈克尔:米尔佩拉,M-I-L-P-E-R-R-A。

JUDY: Right. Now, who was the shipping agent Mr Alexander?

茱迪:好的。接下来,亚历山大先生,请问您的货运代理商是谁?

MICHAEL: You mean the company we used?

迈克尔:你是说我当时选的货运公司吗?

JUDY: Yes, the company who packed everything up at the point of origin.

茱迪:是的,最开始给您打包的那家公司。

MICHAEL: Oh, it was ... er ... First Class Movers.

迈克尔:哦,我选的是……呃……是First Class Movers。

JUDY: Okay ... where were the goods shipped from?

茱迪:好的……是从哪儿寄过来的?

MICHAEL: China, but the ship came via Singapore and was there for about a week.

迈克尔:是从中国寄来的,不过货轮经过了新加坡并且在那儿停了大概一周。

JUDY: Don't worry, all of that information will be in the documentation. Now, the dates.

茱迪:没事儿,这些信息存档里应该都有。接下来是日期。

Do you know when the ship arrived?

您知道货轮什么时候到达的吗?

MICHAEL: It left on the 11th of October and got to Sydney on the 28th of November.

迈克尔:货船10月11日离开,11月28日到的悉尼。

JUDY: Okay. I need one more thing.

茱迪:好的。我还需要最后一项信息。

There's a reference number.

我需要一个编号。

It should be in the top right-hand corner of the pink form they gave you.

应该在粉色的运单的右上角。

MICHAEL: Let me have a look.

迈克尔:我来找找看。

I have so many papers.

我这儿单子太多了。

Yes, here it is. It's 601 ACK.

啊,有了。是610 ACK。

JUDY: Thanks.

茱迪:谢谢。

JUDY: I need to take down a few details of the actual damage over the phone before you put in a full report.

茱迪:现在我还需要记录一下物品破损细节,然后就可以提交完整的报告了。

Can you tell me how many items were damaged and what the damage was?

请您能说一下损坏物品和损坏详情吗?

MICHAEL: Yes, well four things actually.

迈克尔:好的。总共有四件物品。

I'll start with the big things.

我先从大件说起吧。

My TV first of all. It's a large one ... very expensive.

首先是我的电视机。是个大屏幕的……很贵的。

JUDY: Our insurance doesn't cover electrical problems.

茱迪:我们的保险项目不包括电子故障。

MICHAEL: It isn't an electrical problem.

迈克尔:那不是电子故障。

The screen has a huge crack in it so it's unusable.

屏幕上裂了一个大口子,完全没法用了。

JUDY: I see. Any idea of the price to repair it?

茱迪:我知道了。您知道维修费用是多少吗?

MICHAEL: No. Well, I don't think it can be repaired.

迈克尔:不知道。而且我不觉得这个能修好。

It will need a new one.

得换个新的。

JUDY: Okay. I'll make a note of that and we'll see what we can do.

茱迪:好的。我记录一下,然后视情况而定。

Now, what was the second item?

第二件物品是什么呢?

MICHAEL: The cabinet from the bathroom was damaged as well.

迈克尔:浴室柜也坏了。

It's a lovely cabinet, we use it to keep our towels in.

那个柜子很精致,是放毛巾用的。

JUDY: And what is the extent of the damage?

茱迪:损坏程度如何呢?

MICHAEL: Well, the back and the sides seem okay but the door has a huge hole in it.

迈克尔:呃,后面和侧面看着还行,但是门上有一个大洞。

It can't be repaired. I'm really not very happy about it.

这没法修复的。我真的很郁闷。

JUDY: And how much do you think it will cost to replace it?

茱迪:那您觉得换一个新的要多少钱呢?

MICHAEL: Well, when I bought it last year I paid $125 for it.

迈克尔:这个,我是去年买的,当时花了125美元。

But the one I've seen here in Sydney is a bit more expensive, it's $140.

但是我在悉尼看到的同款更贵一些,是140美元。

JUDY: Right, and what was the third item?

茱迪:好的,那第三件呢?

MICHAEL: My dining room table. It's a lovely table from Indonesia.

迈克尔:是我的餐桌。那是一张印尼产的很可爱的餐桌。

It must have been very hot inside the container because one leg has completely split down the middle.

我估计是集装箱里面温度太高了,桌子的一条腿从中间开裂了。

The top and the other three look okay thank goodness,

好在桌面和其他三条腿没事儿。?

JUDY: Any idea of the price to repair it?

茱迪:您知道修复需要花费多少吗?

MICHAEL: Well, I had an estimate done on this actually because it is a very special table to us.

迈克尔:我已经找人估算过了,因为这张桌子对我们来说太特别了。

They quoted us $200, which is really pricey so I hope the insurance will cover the total cost.

他们的报价很高,200美元,所以我希望保险能够涵盖所有的费用。

JUDY: I'm sure that will be fine.

茱迪:这应该没有问题。

What was the last item, Mr Alexander?

最后一项是什么,亚历山大先生?

MICHAEL: Well, we have a lovely set of china plates and dishes, you know, with matching cups, saucers, the lot.

迈克尔:我们有一套瓷的餐具,就是那种带配套的杯子啊碟子啊的那种全套的。

They were all in the one box which must have got dropped because some plates were broken - six actually.

它们被打包在一个箱子里,然后这个箱子肯定是摔过了,因为有6个碟子碎了。

JUDY: And can you tell me the replacement value of these?

茱迪:您能告诉我换新的费用吗?

MICHAEL: Well, it's hard to say because they were part of a set but they can be up to $10 each as it's such a good set.

迈克尔:这个不好说,因为它们是套装里的,但我觉得每个碟子的价格差不多在10美元左右,因为这是一套很高档的套装。

JUDY: Okay, so that would be around $60 altogether?

茱迪:好的,那么一共是大概60美元对吧?

MICHAEL: Yes, that's right.

迈克尔:是的。

JUDY: And is that all of the items?

茱迪:就这些了吗?

MICHAEL: Yes. So what do I have to do now?

迈克尔:是的。那接下来我要做些什么呢?

上一题

剑8 Test 1 Section 4

下一题

剑8 Test 2 Section 2