首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑8 Test 4 Section 2
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 11-13
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.

Improvements to Red Hill Suburb
11 Community groups are mainly concerned about

A

pedestrian safety.

B

traffic jams.

C

increased pollution.

12 It has been decided that the overhead power lines will be

A

extended.

B

buried.

C

repaired.

13 The expenses related to the power lines will be paid for by

A

the council.

B

the power company.

C

local businesses.

Questions 14-20
Label the map below.
Write the correct letter, A-H, next to questions 14-20.

 

14 trees  
15 wider footpaths  
16 coloured road surface  
17 new sign  
18 traffic lights  
19 artwork  
20 children's playground  

SECTION 2

CAROL: Good morning and welcome again to Your City Today.

卡罗:早上好,欢迎收看《今日城市》。

With me today is Graham Campbell, a councillor from the city council.

今天来到现场的是市政厅的议员格拉汉姆·坎贝尔。

He will be telling us about the plan to improve the fast-growing suburb of Red Hill.

他会来说一说红山市高速扩张的郊区的发展规划。

Good morning Graham and welcome to the show.

早上好,格拉汉姆先生;欢迎来到节目现场。

GRAHAM: Good morning, Carol.

格拉汉姆:早上好,卡罗!

CAROL: Now, Graham, I understand that there has been a lot of community consultation for the new plan?

卡罗:格拉汉姆先生,我知道关于这个新的规划有很多社区提出了问题和咨询。

GRAHAM: Yes, we've tried to address some of the concerns that local groups told us about.

格拉汉姆:是的,我们努力去解决当地社区提出的一些问题。

People we've heard from are mainly worried about traffic in the area, and, in particular, the increasing speed of cars near schools.

给我们反映问题的市民主要关心的是当地的交通问题。具体来说是学校附近的车速度越来越快的问题。

They feel that it is only a matter of time before there is an accident as a lot of the children walk to the school.

很多孩子走路上学,所以他们觉得这样迟早会发生意外事故。

So we're trying to do something about that.

所以我们现在正在努力解决这个问题。

Another area of concern is the overhead power lines.

另一个大家关注的焦点是高架电缆的问题。

These are very old and a lot of people we spoke to asked if something could be done about them.

这些电缆年代都很久远了,很多人都希望我们能想点办法。

Well, I'm happy to report that the power company have agreed to move the power lines underground at a cost of $800,000.

那我也很高兴的告诉大家电力公司已经同意拿出80万美金的预算将这些高架的电缆铺设到地下。

I think that will really improve the look of the area, as well as being safer.

这会改观当地的市容,同时也更安全。

CAROL: That's good to know, but will that mean an increase in rates for the local businesses in that area?

卡罗:这真是个好消息,但这是否意味着当地的企业交的电费更高了呢?

GRAHAM: Well, the power company have agreed to bear the cost of this themselves after a lot of discussion with the council.

格拉汉姆:在与市议会进行多次协商之后电力公司同意自己来承担这个费用了。

This is wonderful news as the council now has some extra funds for us to put into other things like tree planting and art work.

这绝对是一个好消息,因为这样议会就有一些额外的预算来做一些别的事情,比如植树绿化什么的。

GRAHAM: Now, we've also put together a map which we've sent out to all the residents in the area.

格拉汉姆:我们还给所有当地的居民发了一份我们绘制的地图。

And on the map we've marked the proposed changes.

在地图上我们标注出了规划中提出的改进内容

Firstly, we'll plant mature pine trees to provide shelter and shade just to the right of the supermarket in Days Road.

首先,我们会在戴斯路上的超市右边种上成年的松树以提供阴凉。

In order to address the traffic problems, the pavements on the corner of Carberry and Thomas Street will be widened.

为了解决交通问题,我们拓宽了卡伯雷街和托马斯街交界处的人行道。

This will help to reduce the speed of vehicles entering Thomas Street.

这样就会使得进入托马斯街的车辆减速。

We think it's very important to separate the local residential streets from the main road.

我们觉得将当地的街道和主路区分来很重要。

So the roadway at the entry to Thomas Street from Days Road will be painted red.

所以我们将从戴斯路到托马斯街的入口的车道漆成了红色。

This should mark it more clearly and act as a signal for traffic to slow down.

这样能让这个标志更加醒目,同时提醒车辆减速。

One way of making sure that the pedestrians are safe is to increase signage at the intersections.

保障行人安全的另一项措施是在十字路口增设信号灯。

A 'keep clear' sign will be erected at the junction of Evelyn Street and Hill Street, to enable traffic to exit at all times.

我们会在伊芙琳街和希尔街的交叉路口树立一块“保持畅通”的信号牌,以确保交通全时段都顺畅。

Something we're planning to do to help control the flow of traffic in the area is to install traffic lights half way down Hill Street where it crosses Days Road.

为了控制当地的交通流量,我们还计划在希尔街和戴斯路的交汇处架设红绿灯。

Now, we haven't only thought about the cars and traffic, of course, there's also something for the children.

当然,我们考虑到的不止是车辆和交通问题,还有一些和儿童相关的问题。

We're going to get school children in the area to research a local story, the life of a local sports hero perhaps, and an artist will incorporate that story into paintings on the wall of a building on the other side of Hill Street from the supermarket.

我们会让当地学校里的孩子去发掘一个当地的故事,比如当地一位体育英雄人物的生平之类的。我们会请艺术家将这个故事画在希尔街上超市对面一侧的一栋建筑物的墙上。

And finally, we've agreed to build a new children's playground which will be at the other end of Hill Street close to the intersection with Carberry Street.

最后,我们决定在希尔街靠近卡伯雷街的位置新建一个儿童运动场。

CAROL: Wonderful, now, what's the next stage?

卡罗:太棒了!那下一个阶段的计划是什么呢?

GRAHAM: Well, the final plan ...

格拉汉姆:最终的方案是……

上一题

剑8 Test 4 Section 1

下一题

剑8 Test 4 Section 3