PROFESSOR: Now, you seem to have thought about everything so what exactly did you need me to help you with?
教授:现在,你似乎已经考虑好了所有的东西,那么你到底需要我帮你做什么呢?
JOHN: Well, my design has made it to the final stage of the competition and, in a few months' time, I have to give a presentation, and that's the part I was hoping you could help me with.
约翰:呃,我的设计已经到了竞赛的最后的最后一个环节,几个月后,我必须做一个演讲,这就是我希望你可以帮助我的地方。
PROFESSOR: Right, well that should be easy enough.
教授:好的,这应该很容易。
What have you managed to do so far?
你现在已经做了什么?
JOHN: Well, I've got detailed drawings to show how it will work and I've also written a 500-word paper on it.
约翰:嗯,我已经完成了细节的图画,用以展示它如何工作,我还写了一个关于它的500字的稿子。
PROFESSOR: I see. Well, if you want to stand a good chance of winning you really need a model of the machine.
教授:我明白了。如果你想有赢得比赛的希望,你需要一个这个机器的模型。
JOHN: Yes, I thought I might but I'm having a few problems.
约翰:是的,我想我可能会做一个,但是我遇到了一些问题。
PROFESSOR: What is the main difficulty so far?
教授:目前最大的困难是什么?
Let me guess – is it the materials?
让我猜猜——是材料吗?
JOHN: Yes. I want it to look professional but everything that's top quality is also very expensive.
约翰:是的。我想看起来专业些,但是所有高质量的材料都很贵。
PROFESSOR: Look, projects like this are very important to us.
教授:注意,像这样的项目对于我们来说很重要。
They really help lift our profile.
它可以帮助我们提升我们的形象。
So why don't you talk to the university about a grant?
所以你为什么不和学校谈谈助学金的事呢?
I can help you fill out the application forms if you like.
如果你愿意,我可以帮你填申请表。
JOHN: That would be great.
约翰:那太好了。
PROFESSOR: You'd better show me this paper you've written as well.
教授:你最好也给我看看你写的稿子。
For a global competition such as this you need to make sure the technical details you've given are accurate and thorough.
对于一个像这样的国际比赛,你需要确保你给出的每一个技术细节都是准确和清晰的。
JOHN: That would be a great help.
约翰:那对我真是莫大的帮助。
PROFESSOR: Is there anything else I can do?
教授:还有其他我可以做的吗?
JOHN: Well, I'm really ...
约翰:呃,我真的……
下一题
剑10 undefined