首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑9 Test3 Section 3 Q21-30
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-30
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
21  
22  
23  
24  
25  
26  
27  
28  
29  
30  

TUTOR: Ah Caroline ... come on in. Sit down.

导师:卡洛琳……请进。请坐。

CAROULINE: Thanks.

卡洛琳:谢谢。

TUTOR: So how's the dissertation planning going?

导师:那么你的论文计划如何了?

CAROULINE: Well Dr Schulmann, I'm still having a lot of trouble deciding on a title.

卡洛琳:舒尔曼博士,我仍然在决定题目上有很多麻烦。

TUTOR: Well, that's perfectly normal at this stage.

导师:嗯,在这个阶段这实在太正常了。

And this is what your tutorials will help you to do.

这也是你的导师会帮助你的事情。

CAROULINE: Right.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: What we'll do is jot down some points that might help you in your decision.

导师:我们要做的是写下一些可能会帮助你做决定的点。

First of all, you have chosen your general topic area, haven't you?

首先,你已经决定你的大话题方向了,对吧?

CAROULINE: Yes, it's the fishing industry.

卡洛琳:是的,是渔业。

TUTOR: Oh yes, that was one of the areas you mentioned.

导师:哦,是的,那是你提过的一个方向。

Now, what aspects of the course are you good at?

现在,课程中你擅长哪些方面?

CAROULINE: Well, I think I'm coping well with statistics, and I'm never bored by it.

卡洛琳:嗯,我觉得我统计学还应付的不错,而且我对它从不厌倦。

TUTOR: Good, Anything else?

导师:好的,其它的呢?

CAROULINE: Well, I found computer modelling fascinating - I have no problem following what's being taught, whereas quite a few of my classmates find it difficult.

卡洛琳:嗯,我觉得计算机建模也特棒,我对现在教的完全能跟上,但我的很多同学觉得这个很难。

TUTOR: Well, that's very good.

导师:好的,这很好。

Do you think these might be areas you could bring into your dissertation?

你认为这些能否是你能带入到你的论文里的方向呢?

CAROULINE: Oh yes, if possible.

卡洛琳:哦,是的,如果可能的话。

It's just that I'm having difficulty thinking how I can do that.

只是考虑到我该怎么做有点困难。

You see I feel I don't have sufficient background information.

你看,我觉得我没有足够的背景资料。

TUTOR: I see. Well, do you take notes?

导师:我了解了。那你记笔记吗?

CAROULINE: I'm very weak at note-taking.

卡洛琳:我记笔记挺差的。

My teachers always used to say that.

我老师以前常说。

TUTOR: Well, I think you really need to work on these weaknesses before you go any further.

导师:嗯,我认为你真的需要在继续之前,在这些弱点上努力。

CAROULINE: What do you suggest?

卡洛琳:你建议如何呢?

TUTOR: Well, I can go through the possible strategies with you and let you decide where to go from there.

导师:嗯,我可以带着你把可能的方法过一遍,并让你决定你要怎么着。

CAROULINE: Okay, thanks.

卡洛琳:好的,谢谢。

TUTOR: Well, some people find it helpful to organise peer-group discussions - you know, each week a different person studies a different topic and shares it with the group.

导师:嗯,有人觉得组织同伴小组讨论特别有用,你懂的,每周不同的人学习不同的内容,并在组内分享。

CAROULINE: Oh right.

卡洛琳:哦,好的 。

TUTOR: It really helps build confidence, you know, having to present something to others.

导师:这尤其帮助建立信心。你知道,需要向其他人展示。

CAROULINE: I can see that.

卡洛琳:这个我看出来了。

TUTOR: The drawback is that everyone in the group seems to share the same ideas ... they keep being repeated in all the dissertations.

导师:缺点是组内每一个人好像都分享同样的观点……这些观点在所有论文中都被反复提及。

CAROULINE: Okay.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: You could also try a service called 'Student Support'.

导师:你也可以尝试一种服务叫做“学生支持”。

It's designed to give you a structured programme over a number of weeks to develop your skills.

它的目的是在几周内给你一个结构化的程序去发展你的技能。

CAROULINE: Sounds good.

卡洛琳:听起来不错。

TUTOR: Yes, unfortunately there are only a few places.

导师:是的,不幸的是位置有限。

But it's worth looking into.

但值得去看看。

CAROULINE: Yes, of course. I know I've got to work on my study skills.

卡洛琳:是的,当然。我知道我需要在学习技能上多努力。

TUTOR: And then there are several study skills books you can consult.

导师:然后还有一些你可以参考的学习技能书籍。

CAROULINE: Right.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: They'll be a good source of reference but the problem is they are sometimes too general.

导师:它们会是很好的参考来源,但问题是它们通常过于笼统。

CAROULINE: Yes, that's what I've found.

卡洛琳:是的,这是我发现了的。

TUTOR: Other than that I would strongly advise quite simple ideas like using a card index.

导师:除此之外我还强烈推荐一些非常简单的思路,比如卡片索引。

CAROULINE: Well, yes, I've never done that before.

卡洛琳:嗯,是的,我以前没做过这个。

TUTOR: It's simple, but it really works because you have to get points down in a small space.

导师:这挺简单,但是非常有用,因为你需要在你很小的地方把要点写下来。

Another thing I always advise is don't just take your notes and forget about them.

还有一个我常常建议的事是不要只是记下你的点,但又忘记了。

Read everything three times - that'll really fix them in your mind.

每件事情读三遍–这会让你牢牢记住它们。

CAROULINE: Yes, I can see it'd take discipline but ...

卡洛琳:是的,我明白这个方法需要训练,但……

TUTOR: Well, if you establish good study skills at this stage they'll be with you all your life.

导师:嗯,如果你可以在这个阶段建立良好的学习习惯,你将终身受用。

CAROULINE: Oh yes, I completely agree.

卡洛琳:是的,我完全同意。

It's just that I don't seem to be able to discipline myself.

只是我觉得我无法自我约束。

I need to talk things over.

我需要讨论事情。

TUTOR: Well, we'll be continuing these tutorials of course.

导师:是的,我们当然会继续辅导课。

Let's arrange next month's now.

我们现在就约定下月的。

Let's see, I can see you virtually any time during the week starting 22nd January.

我看看,我可以在1月22日开始的那周任何时间和你见面。

CAROULINE: What about the 24th? I'm free in the afternoon.

卡洛琳:24号如何?我下午没事。

TUTOR: Sorry, I'm booked then. What about the following day?

导师:抱歉,我有约了。接下来的那天呢?

CAROULINE: Thursday? I can make the morning.

卡洛琳:周四?我早上可以。

TUTOR: Fine, we'll go for the 25th then.

导师:好的,那我们就定25号吧。

CAROULINE: That's great, thanks.

卡洛琳:太棒了。谢谢!

下一题

剑9 undefined