SECTION 1
WOMAN: Good evening. King's Restaurant.
女士:晚上好。国王餐厅。
MAN: Good evening. I'm ringing about the job.
男士:晚上好。我打电话想了解下工作。
I understand you have vacant.
我知道您这儿有职位空缺。
WOMAN: Oh yes.
女士:噢,是的。
MAN: I'd like to find out a few more details, if I may.
男士:我想知道更多细节,如果可以的话。
WOMAN: Yes, of course. Can I take your name?
女士:是的,当然。可以知道你的名字吗?
MAN: It's Peter Chin.
男士:我叫彼特·陈。
WOMAN: Okay Peter.
女士:好的,彼特。
Well, if you want to ask about the job and then if we're both still interested, we could arrange for you to come for an interview.
嗯,如果你想了解这份工作,并且之后我们双方仍感兴趣的话,我们可以为您安排一次面试。
MAN: Great, thanks. I'm afraid I missed the advert for the job but heard about it from a friend.
男士:太好了,谢谢。抱歉我没看到工作的广告,但从一位朋友那听说了这份工作。
WOMAN: That's no problem at all.
女士:这没问题。
What would you like to know?
你想了解些什么?
MAN: Well, um, what sort of work is it - washing up?
男士:啊,是什么工作呢?洗碗吗?
WOMAN: It's answering the phone.
女士:是接电话。
MAN: Oh right, fine.
男士:噢,这样,好的。
WOMAN: And not waiting at table.
女士:不是招待用餐。
MAN: That'd be good. And how many nights a week would it be?
男士:那太好了。每周工作几晚啊?
WOMAN: Well, we're really only busy at the weekend.
女士:啊,我们真心只有周末才忙。
MAN: So two nights?
男士:那么两晚?
WOMAN: Three actually, so it would work out at twelve hours a week.
女士:实际上是三晚,所以总共是每周12小时。
MAN: That'd be fine. It wouldn't interfere with my studies.
男士:那挺好的。这和我的学习就不冲突啦。
WOMAN: Are you at the university?
女士:你在上大学吗?
MAN: Yes. First year Physics student.
男士:对的。我是物理系大一的学生。
WOMAN: Oh, right.
女士:哦,好的。
MAN: Um, and because I'm not an EU national would I need a work permit?
男士:啊,因为我不是欧盟公民,我是否需要工作许可证呢?
WOMAN: Yes you would. Just get your tutor to sign it.
女士:是的,你需要的。让你的导师签字即可。
MAN: That wouldn't be a problem, if I were to get the job.
男士:如果我得到这份工作,那应该没问题的。
Um, where exactly is the restaurant?
餐厅具体在哪里呢?
WOMAN: Well, we have two branches - the one we're recruiting for is in Hillsdunne Road.
女士:哦,我们有两家分店,正招员工的这家在希尔斯敦路。
MAN: I don't know that.
男士:我不知道哪里。
How do you spell it please?
怎么拼写这个名呢?
WOMAN: It's H-I-double L-S-D-U-double N-E Road.
女士:是H-I-两个L-S-D-U-两个N-E路。
MAN: Got that. Thanks. Is it near a bus stop?
男士:收到。谢谢。附近有公交车站吗?
WOMAN: Yes. The nearest one would probably be just beside the Library.
女士:是的。最近的应该就在图书馆附近。
MAN: Oh yes, I know it. That'd be fine for me.
男士:噢,好,我知道那儿。应该没什么问题。
And could I ask about the pay?
还有我能问问薪酬吗?
WOMAN: We're offering £4.45 an hour.
女士:我们每小时给4.45镑。
MAN: That's very good. My last job was £3.95 an hour.
男士:那太好了。我上一份工作每小时才3.95镑。
WOMAN: We feel it's pretty good and we also offer some good fringe benefits.
女士:我们觉得还不错哦,我们还提供一些很棒的附带福利。
MAN: Really?
男士:是吗?
WOMAN: Well, we give you a free dinner, so you eat well.
女士:对,我们给你免费餐食,所以你吃得不错。
MAN: Right, better than hostel food!
男士:好呢,比青年旅馆的食物强。
WOMAN: We certainly hope so!
女士:我们当然希望如此。
And we also offer extra pay for working on national holidays.
并且我们对于在国家法定假日工作提供额外薪酬。
MAN: Oh, that's a really good perk, isn't it?
男士:噢,这可真不错,不是吗?
WOMAN: Yes, we think so.
女士:是的,我们觉得是。
And then because of the difficulties of getting public transport, if you're working after 11 o'clock we drive you home.
还有因为公共交通不方便,如果你工作到11点以后,我们会开车送你回家。
MAN: Oh, that's good to know.
男士:噢,那真是个好消息。
WOMAN: Well, we'd certainly be interested in inviting you for an interview, if you're still interested?
女士:那么,我们真心有意请你来面试一下,你还感兴趣吗?
MAN: Oh yes, certainly. Could I just also ask what qualities you're looking for?
男士:嗯,是的,当然啦。我想再问一下你们想要具有什么样素质的人呢?
WOMAN: Well, for this particular job we want a clear voice, which you obviously do have!
女士:这个职位我们需要声音清晰,很明显你的确是的。
MAN: Thanks.
男士:谢谢。
WOMAN: And you must be able to think quickly, you know.
女士:还有你必须要能快速思考,你知道。
MAN: Well, I hope I'd ...
男士:啊,我希望我……
WOMAN: So, when could you come in for an interview?
女士:那么,你什么时候回来面试?
We're actually quite quiet tonight?
其实我们今晚应该不会太忙的。
MAN: Sorry, I couldn't come tonight.
男士:抱歉,我恐怕今晚不行。
Or tomorrow, I'm afraid.
明晚也不行。
Thursday's okay - that'd be 22nd of October.
周四可以的,也就是10月22日。
WOMAN: Fine, after 5 p.m.?
女士:好的,下午5点之后?
MAN: Yes, fine. Would 6 o'clock be okay?
男士:好的,可以。六点可以吗?
WOMAN: Perfect. And could you bring along the names of two referees?
没问题。你能告诉我两个推荐人的名字吗?
MAN: Yes, that's fine, no problem.
没问题。
WOMAN: Good. I look forward to seeing you.
女士:好的。很期待见到你。
MAN: Oh, by the way, who should I ask for?
男士:对了,顺便问一下,我应该找谁呢?
WOMAN: Oh yes, of course, sorry.
女士:哦是,当然,不好意思。
My name is Samira Manuja.
我的名字叫Samira Manuja。
MAN: Can you spell that, please?
男士:可以麻烦您拼写一下吗?
WOMAN: M-A-N-U-J-A.
女士:M-A-N-U-J-A。
MAN: Okay, I've got that. Thanks very much.
男士:好的,收到。非常感激!
WOMAN: Look forward to seeing you ...
女士:期待与你相见……
下一题
剑9 Test 1 Section 2