PAUL: Hello, Kira, how are you?
保罗:你好,奇拉,你怎么样?
KIRA: Fine thanks, Paul, how are you?
奇拉:挺好,谢谢,保罗,你怎么样?
PAUL: Well, thanks. It's good to see you.
保罗:不错,谢谢。见到你真好。
It must be twelve months since you did our course?
从我们上次上课得有一年了吧。
KIRA: That's right. It's nice to come back and say hello.
奇拉:是的。回来再见面的感觉真好。
PAUL: What course did you enrol in?
保罗:你上的什么课程?
KIRA: Actually, I went straight into third year Pharmacy.
奇拉:实际上,我直接上了三年级的药剂学。
They credited me with two years, which probably made it more difficult for me.
他们记了我两年学分,这可能让我更难了。
PAUL: On the other hand, you were lucky to be granted credits.
保罗:另一方面说,你很幸运获得了学分。
Is that why you chose the course?
是因为这,你才选了这个课吗?
KIRA: Yes. And, as I'd already finished a course in it in my country, I thought it would be easier if I studied something I already knew.
奇拉:是的。并且,因为我在我的国家已经修过一门这里边的课了,我觉得我学我知道一些的东西会简单点儿。
PAUL: I didn't realise you went into third year.
保罗:我都没意识到你直接上了三年级。
I thought you started in first year.
我以为你从第一年开始。
No wonder it was so hard!
怪不得你觉得那么难。
And what do you think is one of the big differences between studying at a university here and studying in your country?
那你觉得在这里的大学上学和在你的国家比,最大的一个不同是什么?
KIRA: Well, I've found it very difficult to write assignments, because I wasn't familiar with that aspect of the system here.
奇拉:嗯,我发现写作业特别难,因为我不太熟悉这边系统的这个方面。
The main problem is that the lecturers expect you to be critical.
最主要的问题是讲师期待你会有批判性。
That made me feel really terrible.
这让我觉得很糟糕。
I thought "How can I possibly do it?
我觉得“我怎么能这么做呢?
How can I comment on someone else's research when they probably spent five years doing it?"
我怎么可以在别人可能花了5年做的研究上评论?”
I think a lot of people who come from overseas countries have similar problems.
我觉得很多从海外国家来的人都有同样的问题。
But after a while it became easier for me.
但过了一段时间,就对我来说变得简单多了。
People expect you to have problems with the process of reading and writing but, in fact, it is more a question of altering your viewpoint towards academic study.
人们希望你在阅读和写作的过程中遇到问题,事实上,更大的问题是转变你对学术的观点。
PAUL: How was the content of the lectures?
保罗:课程的内容怎么样?
Was it easy for you?
对你来说简单吗?
KIRA: I didn't really have many problems understanding lectures.
奇拉:我对理解课程真没太多问题。
The content was very similar to what I'd studied before.
内容和我以前学过的非常相似。
PAUL: And what about the lecturers themselves?
保罗:那讲师们本身怎么样?
Are they essentially the same as lecturers in your country?
他们和你们国家的讲师基本一样吗?
KIRA: Well actually, no. Here, they're much easier to approach.
奇拉:嗯,实际上,不是。这里,他们更容易接近些。
After every lecture you can go and ask them something you didn't understand.
每次课之后,你可以去问他们你不懂的问题。
Or you can make an appointment and talk to them about anything in the course.
或者你可以约个时间和他们聊聊,关于课程里的任何事。
PAUL: Maybe you found them different because you're a more mature student now, whereas when you were studying in your country you were younger and not so assertive.
保罗:也许你认为他们不同是因为你现在是一个比较成熟的学生了,但当你在你们国家学习的时候,你还比较年轻,也不那么自信。
KIRA: No, I don't think that's the difference.
奇拉:不是,我认为这有什么区别。
Most of the students here do it.
在这里大部分学生都这么做。
In my faculty, they all seem to make appointments - usually to talk about something in the course that's worrying them, but sometimes just about something that might really interest them, something they might want to specialise in.
在我们系,他们似乎都约时间,通常谈谈课程中让他们烦恼的东西,但有时只是一些让他们感兴趣的事情,那些让他们希望专注的事情。
The lecturers must set aside certain times every week when they're available for students.
讲师们每周必须留出一些特定时间给学生。
PAUL: That's good to hear.
保罗:听着不错。
下一题
剑9 undefined